diy solar

diy solar

6000xp stops charging battery randomly

dkyork

Anyone else having issues charging their non eg4 battery from grid on the 6000xp? I have an Epoch 48v 50ah lifepo4 and the 6000xp randomly stops charging. I have it set to lead acid at 50ah. I've set the starting charge v to 52 and end v to 58.4. Once I enable ac charge, it will start charging the battery, but randomly stops and I have to go back in to setting 14, disable and enable to get it started again. It's nowhere near the end voltage setting, so I have no clue why it's stopping. I've done it about 12 times to get it from 10% to 95% charge.

Could it be the battery Bms shutting off something, which is stopping the charge from the 6000xp? The 6000xp can still read the battery v, so it seems like it's still reading the battery fine.

Thanks all,
Dale

Last edited:
No issues with charging that I'm aware of just yet. Pretty bummed that I have to have it set as lead acid and can't do lithium without communication(seems pretty silly to me tbh)

But I've got a 200ah battery and set the total amperage to 400ah on lead a id

Maybe if you see it at 100ah total capacity it'll factor better for you

The thought process for my decision was that lead acid can only supply half the amount of power as lithium. So I doubled what my capacity truly is so it will keep charging. Has been working well enough for a couple days now

Back