diy solar

diy solar

6000XP FLA absorption programming.

100 Proof

"Please Lord, don't let me do something stupid."
It's possible I missed it, but I'm not seeing any setting in the 6000XP FLA settings for an absorption phase. How are people coping with that? I've had a thought about using the equalization settings to synthesize an absorption phase. This is for a DIY LiFoPo4 battery with no comms. I want to have an absorption phase to allow the balancer time to work.

I would set it to equalize daily, with the same voltage I would end bulk charging, for a period of one hour. Does that make any sense?

Been trying to get it to work on my 6000xp. The setting @sunshine_eggo mentions does nothing. The minute the inverter hits the charge voltage it starts to discharge.

Is it working for you @sunshine_eggo, thought you were all in on Victron.

Been trying to get it to work on my 6000xp. The setting @sunshine_eggo mentions does nothing. The minute the inverter hits the charge voltage it starts to discharge.

Is it working for you @sunshine_eggo, thought you were all in on Victron.

Please... that won't stop me! :p

If 3 set to lead acid, 7 set to the desired CV, and it immediately cuts charge once CV is attained, either it's a bad design, it needs a firmware patch, or it's defective.or something else.

Please... that won't stop me! :p
Oh, I know. Just kidding. Was really hoping you had one to provide insight into.

So going back to charging, I’m only doing Grid charging at the moment, PV will be hooked up when it gets warmer. The rate slows down as it gets to your charge voltage setting but it doesn’t hang there for any certain period of time, just starts discharging. @100 Proof is this your same experience?

It sounds like bulk and float are set for the same voltage.
Float should be about 0.5v lower than bulk.

My float is .5v lower than bulk.
Maybe try a larger gap. (0.7v)
For some reason it's not falling back to float.
Usually this happens when the two settings are too close to each other.
It should charge up to the bulk voltage, and then fall back to float voltage.

Oh, I know. Just kidding. Was really hoping you had one to provide insight into.

So going back to charging, I’m only doing Grid charging at the moment, PV will be hooked up when it gets warmer. The rate slows down as it gets to your charge voltage setting but it doesn’t hang there for any certain period of time, just starts discharging. @100 Proof is this your same experience?
Haven't hooked it up yet. I'm planning now and was going through settings and found no accomodation for an absorption phase.

Maybe try a larger gap. (0.7v)
For some reason it's not falling back to float.
Usually this happens when the two settings are too close to each other.
It should charge up to the bulk voltage, and then fall back to float voltage.
So then it sounds like there is no accomodation for an absorption phase. What do you think about setting the equalization settings to act like an absorption phase?

Setting 7. CV voltage = absorption voltage.
Won't it just be in bulk charging mode until it hits the CV value and then drop back to the float setting? I'd like to spend some time at the CV setting , an absorption phase, so the cells can balance.

Won't it just be in bulk charging mode until it hits the CV value and then drop back to the float setting? I'd like to spend some time at the CV setting , an absorption phase, so the cells can balance.
There is a float setting but only available via the mobile app direct dongle connect. Not on web monitoring site or via the mobile app over standard wifi. Sounds bonkers but true.

Even though it can be set it does not have any impact that I’ve witnessed.
IMG_4652.jpeg

So then it sounds like there is no accomodation for an absorption phase. What do you think about setting the equalization settings to act like an absorption phase?
It doesn't really matter what we call the charging stages.
As long as you get the outcome you want.
I charge to 57v and then fall back and hold at 56v, until the sun sets.
People like to call those constant current and constant voltage stages.
But they are just two sets of settings, that do what I want.
A charger is going to attempt to reach the set voltage, with whatever amperage it can. (By setting or availability)

Back