diy solar

diy solar

A newb with (E02) Battery Over Voltage Alarm

JPiskun87

Started with 13.3volts on my brand new Redodo 12.8v 100ah using my multimeter. I set my Renogy Rover 40a MPPT to the battery manufacturers specifications.

Equalization 14.4v
Boost 14.4v
Float 13.6v
Low Vol reconnect. 12.4v
Low Vol warning 11.6v
Low Vol disconnect. 10.8v
Boost Duration 120min

Things were great until the battery monitor reached 14.2v and the charge controller went into boost mode and was showing 14v. The error light would start to flash, volts would jump upwards on the controller and charging would stop. The controller would basically reset itself and try to start charging again. The error was E02 which is “battery over voltage” alarm. I shut the system down and let the battery sit overnight only powering the battery monitor. After doing some research I found a couple posts saying to try and run the boost setting at 13.8 and letting it boost for the 120mins to try and balance the battery cells because more then likely one could be out of balance and the BMS could be shutting the battery down and not let it take any more charge. Which bring us to today. After work I turned the controller on and set the equalization and boost to 13.8v with a 120min duration with float charge at 13.4v
The charge controller started in “bulk” charging which was normal and quickly jumped to the boost in a few minutes since the battery monitor showed 13.6V and once it got to 13.8V the controller changed to “boost” charging. It stayed like that for the 2hr period and then switched to “float” with not throwing any code errors. Now im not sure if I’ll be able to adjust the boost setting higher after a couple of cycles but we’ll try and at that time I’ll come back and give an update. I wanted to right this thread in case any other newbies come to find themselves in my type of situation.
✌?

You should not be equalizing an LiFePO4 battery. Can you set the eq time to 0 or the eq off?
I don’t believe I can shut the equalization “off” in the user settings. But I will try to set it to 0 volts. Here’s a picture of what the manual states for the equalization mode for this controller. It does clearly state it’s not for lithium batteries

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpeg
    IMG_4807.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 2
Back