diy solar

diy solar

A quick (and great) review of ThriveEnergy on DHGate.

A.Justice

Swears he didn't start that fire.
I have placed 3 separate orders with Daniel from ThriveEnergy. Every single one has been a good experience.

I received my first order (end of 2019, 8 CALB cells) in less than 50 days, the second order (end of 2020, 16 EVE cells) in about 2 months, and some BMS's (mid-2020) and bus bars came in a week or so. Shipping costs are built in to the price, so there's no surprises later either (that's a DHGate thing).

I've mentioned the vendor before, but I just got a capacity tester and am blown away by the quality of what I received from them. The cells I bought were "Grade A" but not promised to be matched, except for internal resistance and resting voltage.

I've tested 5 cells so far. I used a DL24P, that was checked against my fluke and showed about a 1% off calibration, so close enough for me. I've finished testing two 100ah CALB cells, and 3 90ah EVE cells. The CALB's came in both at about 105+ah (they have been lightly used over the past year or so), and the EVE Lf90's are between 92-94ah. The IR on them all is 22mΩ (as per the DL24p, 5 mins into the test, while discharging at 10 amps). So far, they all exceed spec, and they match up well enough for my use.

I'm not affiliated with ThriveEnergy in any way. I just wanted to share the name of a great vendor that sells quality products for a fair price.

Back