diy solar

diy solar

Current naked cell prices - are they on the way down?

iClick

I've been quoted 83-85USD (before shipping) from China for EVE 304AH Grade A cells. This seems like very attractive prices compared to what I have seen in the spreadsheet posted here some time ago. I am building just one 12v battery at this point in time and this order is my set of the system and suppliers.

The cells from each vendor are slightly different (noticeably the terminals). Both assure me they are Grade A with QR reports from EVE
The main difference for me at the moment is the preferred shipping method. One is DAP, the other DPP.
For the sake of no extra surprise shipping or custom charges, DPP is the clear winner however from what I understand, there are no import/duty/handling fees on a DAP shipment from China into Australia that is below $1,000. Can anyone from Oz confirm if that is the case?

Given my adversity to surprises, I'm tempted to go with the slightly older cells with my preferred shipping method (DPP) But the prospect of cells fresh off the factor line is a significant drawcard.. (Oh, the double trouble of being both a Libra and having ADHD, I can never make a decision without so much research!!)

The two offers are:

A - Shipping Method DAP (for cells manufactured this year and the price these are a clear winner)
2024 Cell.jpg

-------------------------------
B - Shipping Method DDP (slightly older stock but a preferred shipping method)
2023 Cell.jpg

It seems that with the prices heading down, the clear winner is us DIY'rs It is encouraging for me as all going well, I will be building more batteries more frequently!

EVE 304Ah currently sits at $78US before shipping directly from them (not that I really recommend getting them directly from them) - just to provide a ballpark figure. Prices are still going down right now, but shipping is an issue to some places - maybe less so to Australia.

Prices are still going down right now, but shipping is an issue to some places - maybe less so to Australia.
Thanks for your message. I've heard that buying direct from Eve rather expensive for shipping small quantities. The quote I have for DAP shipping to Australia is only 77USD which seems pretty fair. As mentioned in my post however I would prefer to have DPP and not have any extra sneaky charges that the shipping company might like to charge.

By “direct from EVE” you mean someone with EVE in their name on ali right?

I’d definitely take the ”Eve-style” double bolt terminals over the single stud version.

Single-stud is ”kinda ok” when everything goes well but there is very little margin to goof things up.

I've been quoted 83-85USD (before shipping) from China for EVE 304AH Grade A cells. This seems like very attractive prices compared to what I have seen in the spreadsheet posted here some time ago. I am building just one 12v battery at this point in time and this order is my set of the system and suppliers.

The cells from each vendor are slightly different (noticeably the terminals). Both assure me they are Grade A with QR reports from EVE
The main difference for me at the moment is the preferred shipping method. One is DAP, the other DPP.
For the sake of no extra surprise shipping or custom charges, DPP is the clear winner however from what I understand, there are no import/duty/handling fees on a DAP shipment from China into Australia that is below $1,000. Can anyone from Oz confirm if that is the case?

Given my adversity to surprises, I'm tempted to go with the slightly older cells with my preferred shipping method (DPP) But the prospect of cells fresh off the factor line is a significant drawcard.. (Oh, the double trouble of being both a Libra and having ADHD, I can never make a decision without so much research!!)

The two offers are:

A - Shipping Method DAP (for cells manufactured this year and the price these are a clear winner)
View attachment 195406

-------------------------------
B - Shipping Method DDP (slightly older stock but a preferred shipping method)
View attachment 195407

It seems that with the prices heading down, the clear winner is us DIY'rs It is encouraging for me as all going well, I will be building more batteries more frequently!
hey can you pm me the sales.contact or link?

A$225 = $148.50 USD
That price is super good for Australia, especially with all the taxes and import stuff. Everyone else is selling them for $300-400 AUD, which is way more.
They've got the EVE LF280K v3 on the site for just $199 AUD! That's insanely cheap, when you throw in the taxes and delivery, it's pretty much as affordable as getting it from Alibaba, which is pretty tempting. I'm scouting for 16 cells for my off-grid place in Queensland, and this seems like worth considering.

I wonder if they are ok quality for that price. Anyone else got B grade LF280K v3? Their website looks pretty good, and it says the capacity is between 295-300ah.

That price is super good for Australia, especially with all the taxes and import stuff. Everyone else is selling them for $300-400 AUD, which is way more.
They've got the EVE LF280K v3 on the site for just $199 AUD! That's insanely cheap, when you throw in the taxes and delivery, it's pretty much as affordable as getting it from Alibaba, which is pretty tempting. I'm scouting for 16 cells for my off-grid place in Queensland, and this seems like worth considering.

I wonder if they are ok quality for that price. Anyone else got B grade LF280K v3? Their website looks pretty good, and it says the capacity is between 295-300ah.
I think they are A grade cells I am pretty sure my Rept's were A grade. Sorry, I just checked his web site and they do say B grade.

They are dropping down. I think it may have something to do with the lower EV demand and perhaps lower demand in China overall(not just automotive). I just got my order of 16 Higee 280AH (new "A grade") cells delivered in 6 days (including a weekend :-o ) from a warehouse in the same EU country I'm in. I paid $102 per cell, but this is including 23% VAT and EU warehousing. So subtracting VAT it was $82 per cell from an EU warehouse.

Most of the cells were made on the same 2~3 days, but there are few (3) that have dates 3 weeks later. The manufacturing date is April 2023 which makes them almost exactly a year old. Do you think they were recharged every 3 months as per the datasheet? I doubt it :-o But still they are all within 20mV of 3.18 on arrival (14 are almost exactly 3.186, one is 3.166 and one 3.176).

I think that is a pretty good deal.

Back