diy solar

diy solar

Aquiring LiFePO4 cells for UK and Gobelpower.com

NarrowboatLiving

Hi, can anyone help me to get hold of some 3.2V 280Ah for the UK? I am only looking for 4 cells initially.

I ordered from gobelpower.com, 4 x EU Stock EVE 3.2V 280Ah Rechargeable LiFePO4 Battery Cell, B grade. It said free shipping from EU stock. I paid them and after 5 days contacted them to find out what was happening with my shipping info. A few hours later I received an email saying, sorry we do not ship to UK and I have to order from china which will take 60 days!!

After I had seen my order was processed from Gobelpower.com I ordered a BMS, battery box, cable and cut off switch/trip swich. And installed a 7 inch car radiator fan onto my 200A alternator ready for when my cells arrived.

Now they are not coming and I am trying to find 4 cells that will not take 60 days to arrive.

Does anyone know how long it will realisticall take if I order with gobelpower from china? they say 60 days, is it likely to be 30 days, or 90 days

I am keen to order at a sensible price to arrive in a week or so

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I am really quite annoyed with gobelpower.com wasting my time and money and making me seriously unhappy.

Hi, can anyone help me to get hold of some 3.2V 280Ah for the UK? I am only looking for 4 cells initially.

I ordered from gobelpower.com, 4 x EU Stock EVE 3.2V 280Ah Rechargeable LiFePO4 Battery Cell, B grade. It said free shipping from EU stock. I paid them and after 5 days contacted them to find out what was happening with my shipping info. A few hours later I received an email saying, sorry we do not ship to UK and I have to order from china which will take 60 days!!

After I had seen my order was processed from Gobelpower.com I ordered a BMS, battery box, cable and cut off switch/trip swich. And installed a 7 inch car radiator fan onto my 200A alternator ready for when my cells arrived.

Now they are not coming and I am trying to find 4 cells that will not take 60 days to arrive.

Does anyone know how long it will realisticall take if I order with gobelpower from china? they say 60 days, is it likely to be 30 days, or 90 days

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I am really quite annoyed with gobelpower.com wasting my time and money and making me seriously unhappy.

Hi, no one in China will be able to ship cells to you in a week!

You really have to start a chat before ordering from on Alibaba/China, ask a few questions and make sure shipping is correct, you want DDP to the UK taxes paid. The UK is not in the EU any more, so although stupid and frustrating, blame our government for why we can't have simple shipping from the EU anymore.. Any Alibaba ad that has an EU warehouse is no use to us in the UK.

I ordered 26 cells from GobelPower Via Alibaba on 18th August, they were finally shipped on the 5th September and arrived in two deliveries, with the second one on the 30th October, so 72 Days delivery!

Fogstar has some good prices for the UK, will deliver in a week and are reputable, although it'll be cheaper if you can wait for the boat from china.

Last edited:

Fogstar.co.uk

Thank you both, I placed an order with Fogstar, grade B EVE 280Ah. expensive, I have no charger to top balance them, so will have to use my Daly 300A BMS and see how I get on.

I guess so, £490 delivered, If I were anywhere in EU it would have been £380 delivered inc VAT. So 20 percent more expensive due to backwards with Britain scenario

Are they really only the equivalent of £380 including EU VAT at NKON.nl? Could be tempted to jump in my car and pop over for another 16!

My original order was £372 delivered to anywhere in EU, under 1 week delivery. 4 x Grade B EVE 280Ah LSEV

I guess so, £490 delivered, If I were anywhere in EU it would have been £380 delivered inc VAT. So 20 percent more expensive due to backwards with Britain scenario
Are they really only the equivalent of £380 including EU VAT at NKON.nl? Could be tempted to jump in my car and pop over for another 16!

Are you able to claim back the VAT when buying from the EU?? If so, then it might make a trip over viable .... Visiting one of the Christmas markets in the motorhome... and coming back with 'a few cells' .....

nyone help me to get hold of some 3.2V 280Ah for the UK?
Edit, note to self, must read the complete thread. Sorry for the duplication.

Fogstar,

Have a look at their complete batteries, they are cost effective compared to the DIY approach when you consider the equipment needed.

Mike

Last edited:
Edit, note to self, must read the complete thread. Sorry for the duplication.

Fogstar,

Have a look at their complete batteries, they are cost effective compared to the DIY approach when you consider the equipment needed.

Mike
Another vote for Fogstar - their Drift batteries seem to tick all the boxes, though i have a 300Ah 'standard' battery that has been flawless for the 12 months that ive had it in my motorhome!

My original order was £372 delivered to anywhere in EU, under 1 week delivery. 4 x Grade B EVE 280Ah LSEV

Errr.. are you referring to this one? ??

Hey, man, it takes 45 days to ship from China to England.

Not on my two recent orders, GobelPower took 18 days to ship my cells, they took 46 days until arriving in the UK then 8 days from customs until delivery = 72 days.

My battery boxes from Luyuan took 51 days before they got on the ship, but only 25 days to arrive in the UK, although as of today (30/11/23) I'm still waiting for them to clear customs, currently at 90 days!

Not on my two recent orders, GobelPower took 18 days to ship my cells, they took 46 days until arriving in the UK then 8 days from customs until delivery = 72 days.

My battery boxes from Luyuan took 51 days before they got on the ship, but only 25 days to arrive in the UK, although as of today (30/11/23) I'm still waiting for them to clear customs, currently at 90 days!
Well, what they're talking to me about is supposed to be purely maritime time.

Back