diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba / Docan experience

cooldog

On the February 24th I ordered 48 Grade A CATL 302aH cells from Docan via Alibaba. The listing specified a price of $60 per cell, which is great but not impossible, with shipping from China included. The "Trade Assurance" order went through, and my credit card was charged.

Last night "Sandy" contacted me and told me that they could only send me 32 cells, not 48. She didn't seem to understand that by accepting payment, they were now in a binding contract, or why I would not be willing to have them send 280aH cells, or only 32 cells. Her explanation was "All the sellers do this."

I would only be somewhat annoyed at the waste of my time if this was simply a quote, but it was not. This is a paid order. I had a previous quote from Amy with a DDP shipping cost of $908 for 48 cells, and I have offered to pay that additional amount, but no more. Sandy offered a refund, but only for the $2,880 order amount, NOT the full $2,966.12 that was charged, which I rejected. I refuse to let them off the hook for the fraud that they are engaged in.

N.B. I've done business with them before, with good results, but this is outright fraud.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After several days of wrangling with Sandy, attempting to end up with what I'd ordered and paid for, while she kept offering me either fewer cells, or 280aH instead of 302aH, she finally just did a refund and canceled the order. Alibaba has also refunded the transaction fee, which was a welcome surprise. The refund has already hit my CC account.

Last edited:
And this is why I will probably only order from US stock.

I’d cancel the whole order and do a charge back.

Really surprising anyone is messing around with docan in 2024 with all the other options. There sister company ezeal has grade a cells with test reports and very good prices but yet people still want to mess with that bee hive docan...

On the February 24th I ordered 48 Grade A CATL 302aH cells from Docan via Alibaba. The listing specified a price of $60 per cell, which is great but not impossible, with shipping from China included. The "Trade Assurance" order went through, and my credit card was charged.

Last night "Sandy" contacted me and told me that they could only send me 32 cells, not 48. She didn't seem to understand that by accepting payment, they were now in a binding contract, or why I would not be willing to have them send 280aH cells, or only 32 cells. Her explanation was "All the sellers do this."

I would only be somewhat annoyed at the waste of my time if this was simply a quote, but it was not. This is a paid order. I had a previous quote from Amy with a DDP shipping cost of $908 for 48 cells, and I have offered to pay that additional amount, but no more. Sandy offered a refund, but only for the $2,880 order amount, NOT the full $2,966.12 that was charged, which I rejected. I refuse to let them off the hook for the fraud that they are engaged in.

N.B. I've done business with them before, with good results, but this is outright fraud.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After several days of wrangling with Sandy, attempting to end up with what I'd ordered and paid for, while she kept offering me either fewer cells, or 280aH instead of 302aH, she finally just did a refund and canceled the order. Alibaba has also refunded the transaction fee, which was a welcome surprise. The refund has already hit my CC account.

This is not what I wanted to hear. I'm on the verge of placing an order with Docan tomorrow. I already have made the arrangements, and have an invoice--just haven't sent the payment through yet. I was trusting them on the basis of many good reports I've seen of them, both here and on YT. Now what? Do I still take the chance? How risky is it? Sigh. Can it be that Libby is more reliable than Sandy?

Peace of mind is worth the small additional cost to go with someplace like ezeal. My first batch was from China, it was a pita. Second batch was Ezeal, couldn't have been a better experience.

This is not what I wanted to hear. I'm on the verge of placing an order with Docan tomorrow. I already have made the arrangements, and have an invoice--just haven't sent the payment through yet. I was trusting them on the basis of many good reports I've seen of them, both here and on YT. Now what? Do I still take the chance? How risky is it? Sigh. Can it be that Libby is more reliable than Sandy?
Tell them and quote the text from this thread that they are not trustworthy. It's the only way to correct this kind of behavior.

Peace of mind is worth the small additional cost to go with someplace like ezeal. My first batch was from China, it was a pita. Second batch was Ezeal, couldn't have been a better experience.
So, it would appear from HERE that in fact, Docan and Ezeal are the same company. Furthermore, Ezeal appears based stateside. I'm in Thailand. I get to deal with Docan, not Ezeal. I've also recently learned of someone's negative experience with EEL (was shipped the wrong batteries), a company I had thought would be reputable. He shipped the wrong batteries back: I don't have time or money for the correction of such mistakes. Alas, I feel there are no companies which I can trust, yet I need batteries, and soon! I may just have to go forward with Docan and hope for the best. :(

So, it would appear from HERE that in fact, Docan and Ezeal are the same company. Furthermore, Ezeal appears based stateside. I'm in Thailand. I get to deal with Docan, not Ezeal. I've also recently learned of someone's negative experience with EEL (was shipped the wrong batteries), a company I had thought would be reputable. He shipped the wrong batteries back: I don't have time or money for the correction of such mistakes. Alas, I feel there are no companies which I can trust, yet I need batteries, and soon! I may just have to go forward with Docan and hope for the best. :(

battery shipping is not a easy thing to do, what about the other supplier, such as seplos, global, taico?
Don't really understand that statement. They ship them overseas in huge containers when they are shipping to US distributors, so that part is easy.
The first batch I purchased came directly from China. They came 32 in one wooden crate. Crate was destroyed by the time it got to me, having been through multiple distribution centers. Wouldn't have been an issue, but the crate they made couldn't have cost them more than $5. I ordered my second batch from Ezeal, they arrived in less than a week, 4 per box, packaged in a way that was even Fedex proof.

Having a dedicated receiving battery wearhouse break down a full container then ship out each box (that was already packaged cross the sea) is much easier to control that some forwarder that deals with crated cells the same day they deal with Amazon ETrash.

It does seem like SFK and 18650 are able to manage large crate direct shipping from china.

Last edited:
Really surprising anyone is messing around with docan in 2024 with all the other options. There sister company ezeal has grade a cells with test reports and very good prices but yet people still want to mess with that bee hive docan...
Try my situation. Today, out of nowhere, GobelPower suddenly contacted me and said they found a forwarder that can deliver to my postcode........and I just agreed to extend Seplos trade assurance duration by another 10 days yesterday....... DUHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back