diy solar

diy solar

2nd Buy from Amy Wan/Luyuan

sunshine_eggo

Happy Breffast!
8X LF280K "EV, Grade A" cells, bus bars, cell dividers, JBD BMS + UART to USB interface.

Order paid for on 1/18/2024
Order shipped 2/28/2024 (was supposed to ship before Chinese new year - about 3 week slip)
Order received 3/25/2024

67 days to receive order.

The snag was the JBD BMS I ordered. While initially reported as in-stock, it wasn't, and JBD couldn't commit to a ship date, so we agreed that she would provide a 9th cell as they were about $3 difference in price between the BMS and another cell.

I'll include a picture of their packaging because it looked the same when it got here:

1711495102462.png

One box had a slight indication of damage, but the cells inside were all pristine.

These are the claimed capacities... yeah... 313Ah for 280Ah cells:

1711495173136.png

We'll see about that.

IR are all around 0.15mΩ, and my YR1030 reported 0.14mΩ on the first.

I'm discharging to 2.50V @ 30A** to measure the SoC as shipped. Then I'll do a full 30A to 3.65V charge and 30A discharge to 2.5A to verify capacity.

**EDIT: After the first cell, I bumped up to a 70A discharge to 2.5V where voltage was held at 2.5V while current taper to 30A to cut-off.

Last edited:
For beginners like myself to be able to learn how it's done. I have read and searched quite a bit on this forum and there are still new questions that come up. So, I read some more. :)

gotcha. I guess between the balancing guide and the numerous builds on here, there is more than ample info for doing this simple thing.

This thread is about getting what one pays for... or not. :)

8X LF280K "EV, Grade A" cells, bus bars, cell dividers, JBD BMS + UART to USB interface.

Order paid for on 1/18/2024
Order shipped 2/28/2024 (was supposed to ship before Chinese new year - about 3 week slip)
Order received 3/25/2024

67 days to receive order.

The snag was the JBD BMS I ordered. While initially reported as in-stock, it wasn't, and JBD couldn't commit to a ship date, so we agreed that she would provide a 9th cell as they were about $3 difference in price between the BMS and another cell.

I'll include a picture of their packaging because it looked the same when it got here:

View attachment 204964

One box had a slight indication of damage, but the cells inside were all pristine.

These are the claimed capacities... yeah... 313Ah for 280Ah cells:

View attachment 204965

We'll see about that.

IR are all around 0.15mΩ, and my YR1030 reported 0.14mΩ on the first.

I'm discharging to 2.50V @ 30A to measure the SoC as shipped. Then I'll do a full 30A to 3.65V charge and 30A discharge to 2.5A to verify capacity.
Congrats… and btw, I would hate to be a seller who tried to slide a few sleeper items in on ya hoping you wouldnt notice….

Last edited:
Are you testing all of them or a few random? I am getting ready for my third order, arranging for shipping into Seattle so I can pick up directly at the port from the freight forwarder.

Last edited:
Hey, what was your total cost? Just thought I would ask.

See what I did there? I snarked the other way :rolleyes:

I paid $92.00 on the 304’s, I think they are less now. Paid 150.00 two years ago for 280’s.

OK, I might be missing something here. $89 per cell with or without shipping? I guess that is what I was expecting for total cost.
No tax / custom as well?

Back