diy solar

diy solar

2nd Buy from Amy Wan/Luyuan

$971.50 including DDP shipping.

9 cells, separators and flexible bus bars.
Thanks and darn you.
At this price, gonna stop looking for a of the shelf battery that will work at a decent price point for the new to me class A. Only down the hill from ya, so the shipping should be close.
Will be watching for the capacity results, was shooting for 600aH @ 48v

Darn you for making another project. :)

Actually, Luyuan's Cells priced dropped for the Big March Sale (ALMOST OVER FOLKS) !
280AH A-Grade W/report $81 USD ea + s&h *
304AH A-Grade W/report $85 USD ea + s&h *
* = As listed, may be cheaper but will only be known with Chat/Messenger.
SPECIAL NOTE: For a proper price & quote you MUST contact Amy, the S*H Guesstimator is terrible and if there is a price update not shown yet you'll get the latest price.

My last big order arrived ON SCHEDULE even with a 1 day delay due to weather (wee 40cm/15" snowfall).
All the cells test out & match the factory reports.
The latest revised cases are a really pleasant surprise. FYI, I am 24V so 8S cases, same updates done to the 16S cases.

Because I am also Redoing my existing 280AH packs so that everything will be in identical cases, JKBMS-Inverter Edition etc, I have to "cope" with the different battery terminals. Because of that, I ordered two types of busbars, 1) flexible, double-hole (laminated copper), 2) flexible, Single Hole (Fine Copper Mesh) for the cells with either Posts or Tapped holes.

PRO-TIPS !!!
- When contacting Amy Way @ Luyuan TELL her you are coming from DIYSolarForum !!!
- Buy your extras (BMS, Silicone wire etc) from her at same time, prices are cheaper than many others + she'll bundle the bits in to one box (with other things ordered) saving on individual package shipping... Every box = a Box Fee, + Weight Charge + Destination rate.. IT ADDS UP REALLY FAST ! Case in point, their JK-PB2A16S20P (Inverter model) is $119 USD + extras while others are charging up to 199 USD + extras.
- Luyuan will modify cases for example, flexible or rigid busbars, 150A - 250A breakers, Batt Terminals either double M6 or single M8, etc... most of which is no extra charge just config but you can ask for more changes but at extra $.

PS: Before anyone asks me what my costs are, I buy a LOT and have a significant amount of stuff out there. I am folding up my company this year as the kids have zero interest and my time is pretty much up and going into coast mode after this summer.

Last edited:
Curious why most don't get the 304AH cells and instead go for the 280? Are the 304's just over inflated hype? They look to be the same dimensions so I am assuming they've just cherry picked the higher capacity cells out of a lot.

Actually, Luyuan's Cells priced dropped for the Big March Sale (ALMOST OVER FOLKS) !
280AH A-Grade W/report $81 USD ea + s&h *
304AH A-Grade W/report $85 USD ea + s&h *

Yep... noticed this.

* = As listed, may be cheaper but will only be known with Chat/Messenger.
SPECIAL NOTE: For a proper price & quote you MUST contact Amy, the S*H Guesstimator is terrible and if there is a price update not shown yet you'll get the latest price.

This. She spent about 20 minutes with me on Alibaba chat building my order, discussing options, etc.

PRO-TIPS !!!
- When contacting Amy Way @ Luyuan TELL her you are coming from DIYSolarForum !!!
- Buy your extras (BMS, Silicone wire etc) from her at same time, prices are cheaper than many others + she'll bundle the bits in to one box (with other things ordered) saving on individual package shipping... Every box = a Box Fee, + Weight Charge + Destination rate.. IT ADDS UP REALLY FAST ! Case in point, their JK-PB2A16S20P (Inverter model) is $119 USD + extras while others are charging up to 199 USD + extras.

This is what I did, but it backfired on me resulting in a three week delay and 9th cell instead of a BMS. Not complaining.

Curious why most don't get the 304AH cells and instead go for the 280? Are the 304's just over inflated hype? They look to be the same dimensions so I am assuming they've just cherry picked the higher capacity cells out of a lot.
The A-Grade V3 280K's actually test out around 300AH +/- 2AH from the Working Range. The 304 cells test out on average of 310AH from the working range. 304's are slightly larger & heavier but very close.

This is what I did, but it backfired on me resulting in a three week delay and 9th cell instead of a BMS. Not complaining.
Sometimes depending on Downline supply things can be delayed a bit... I delayed my order for 4 weeks because I wanted specific bits "just so" which included Case Mods & Changes + the new JK's of course and which was another delayer right there... hence the more universal BMS mounting setup and a few other mods now available for everyone's benefit.

Yep... noticed this.

This. She spent about 20 minutes with me on Alibaba chat building my order, discussing options, etc.

Amy has spent hours getting my orders together, they missed my 2ga silicon wire in the first order and she offered expedited shipping for it. I just had her put it in the next order, I am just about to place my third order.

Whelp...

So far, so good. I discharged the first as-received cell and confirmed it shipped at 33% SoC based on the claimed capacity.

Since I can't specify the tail current on this particular charger, I didn't charge unattended... except when I missed the 0.05C cut off. Charge terminated @ 3.65V and 7.75A with a total of 307Ah input according to the charger. This was accumulated over 3 charging sessions since work gets in the way of play.

About 3Ah went in between 15A (about .05C) and 7.75A, so we'll see how that affects things.

1711684043392.png

Waiting the 20 minutes before discharge (that I vaguely recall from the datasheet), and then I'll start the discharge to 2.5V @ 30A.

Case in point, their JK-PB2A16S20P (Inverter model) is $119 USD + extras while others are charging up to 199 USD + extras.
I just got a quote from her for boxes and cells and the JK-PB2A16S15P BMS to be included with screen was going to only be $108 USD. That seems significantly cheaper than what you can get it for on the Hankzor store.

1711722075139.png
305.6Ah vs. 313.0 claimed, so 97.6%.

The charger, my CL800 and another battery monitor all agree within about 1%, so I'm pretty confident in the numbers.

It fell a little short, but I'm happy so far.

View attachment 205519
305.6Ah vs. 313.0 claimed, so 97.6%.

The charger, my CL800 and another battery monitor all agree within about 1%, so I'm pretty confident in the numbers.

It fell a little short, but I'm happy so far.
What temperature are you testing at? And these are 280’s right? I brought a couple of the 304ah cells in from the garage to warm up and will test them this weekend.

Last edited:
Hmm. 305.6/280 isn’t bad. I personally view the upper number as a possible value.

Ballpark 109 percent of basic capacity looks great to me.

23-25°C ambien. I'm not measuring the actual cell voltage.

Yes, 280.
I understand, what I was getting at is the difference between your number and the report(305.6 and 313ah) could be because of different testing temperatures. I see people test all the time in unconditioned spaces and they don’t think about the cell temperature affecting their results. Here is the rated discharge by temperature for the 304’s.

033E8170-8E00-4DE4-8C0C-F68FD3E31497.png

A 280AH cell tests out @ 305AH from 3.650 down to 2.50 and this is a problem of some sort ? That is well in spec.
Next charge the cell to 3.500 fully, let it settle for an hour and discharge down to 3.000 and see what that says. It should be 280AH +/-2AH due to equipment & condition variations... That is more telling for "real world" capacity which is what the cell should be delivering.

A 280AH cell tests out @ 305AH from 3.650 down to 2.50 and this is a problem of some sort ? That is well in spec.

I said nothing of the sort. When I'm provided documentation that this cell has 313Ah because of its uber-awesome quality, matching, grading, etc., I'm well within my rights to test that claim.

Voltage was charged to 3.65V, but it rested for 20 minutes before initiating the discharge, so it was a little lower than 3.65V, and on the scale of the discharge chart, nothing was over 3.40V. In fact, I just checked the data table, and the first voltage logged at the 2 second mark with 2.9A being drawn was 3.359V.

Next charge the cell to 3.500 fully, let it settle for an hour and discharge down to 3.000 and see what that says. It should be 280AH +/-2AH due to equipment & condition variations... That is more telling for "real world" capacity which is what the cell should be delivering.

None of that is relevant. I'm establishing if I got what I paid for. I paid for nine 280ah cells that allegedly test out to 313Ah. I am happy with 305.6Ah.

My first "grade a" order from Amy of 9 cells had NONE reach 280Ah. All were below.

Back