diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power bad experience, beware.

I think Ray has been duped by Docan as well go to 4:55 look at the background color of the QR code and compare to the rest of the cell it is different. :unsure:

Attachments

• ray.jpg
    ray.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 113

I think Ray has been duped by Docan as well go to 4:55 look at the background color of the QR code and compare to the rest of the cell it is different. :unsure:
Part of the original lasering process does actually draw a different colored square on the top of the cell. I was confused about this originally on some of the LF304s Grade A cells, we had not bought directly from EVE. I went back and looked at our offical EVE LF304s and they matched identically. I can try to post some pictures tomorrow if you want.

Real 304 are perfect no color difference, let me find a picture I got this from Amy Wan (btw Luyuan Cells have a little sticker on the back).

Notice the real QR codes look like a DOT MATRIX style they are not perfect almost jaggy edges.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 102
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 102
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 100
Real 304 are perfect no color difference, let me find a picture I got this from Amy Wan (btw Luyuan Cells have a little sticker on the back).

Notice the real QR codes look like a DOT MATRIX style they are not perfect almost jaggy edges.
this is how they are supposed to be. docan scams people beware do not buy from them

Sadly I can not peel the whole top of this battery but here is what it looks like under the top of a from the Factory EVE LF304 There is a slight color change, but the qr code is very well defined and perfectly square to match the lid cut out

IMG_20230508_083024_HDR.jpgIMG_20230508_082657_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_082714_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230508_082714_HDR.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230508_082815_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230508_082815_HDR.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 90
Need to peel the cover more, if those are real it will not have any color difference between the back ground and where the QR code is. Real cells do not have a border around it. You need to peel it back, and use cotton with alcohol to gently dissolve away the glue.

The one in Ray video clearly show a background difference its a fake QR code.

Finally I decided to look what's under the black cover of the cells.
The outcome was predictable. QR code area looks sanded and I have no doubts the new QR code was printed on top of the old one to hide the "B" mark or to change the product code.
It's up to you to decide whether it is a normal business practice to remove original manufacturer's labels and print your own.
On my pictures here there is a clearly visible oval shaped spot with a parallel scratches, like that area was scraped with abrasive. Rest of the cell surface is even and smooth. I didn't remove the glue, just ripped off the black cover.
On Ray's video you can also see that under the glue area around QR code is different. I am talking about bigger spot, not just the small square which is also looking odd.
But of course to properly check the code on his cells it would be better to remove the glue and look at the code area from different sides with proper lighting angles.

PS. Found a year old thread RayfromTX Gone..? Huh..? on this forum.
Will Prowse banned Ray for pushing Docan here to forum members.
It is the same Ray that builds cool stuff :ROFLMAO:
Ray's quote:
"Apr 15, 2022 Add bookmark #31
I receive a commission on sales from Jenny Wu when my youtube channel is mentioned at the time of contact. I don't have an affiliate link. I try hard to not self promote. In the case of the post that got me banned, I was responding to someone that was having a hard time with a payment method so I posted Jenny's email address so she could sort it out and get the discussion off the forum. Many people come here to find this information. I don't sell anything and technically, I have no affiliate links here or on youtube. My income comes from working in construction. I have turned down many offers to promote companies on my youtube channel but I prefer to not go that route.
My Youtube channel is Ray Builds Cool Stuff."
Will perfectly handled that situation, can't agree more.
Will's quote:
"I don't have a problem with reviewing an actual company and their products and services. Or even linking to them. I only have a problem when a forum member is posting "tell her I sent you" and getting a kickback. Any affiliate links or referrals should not be allowed anywhere on this forum."

Last edited:
And my sad story with BMS order finally came to an end thanks to PayPal protection. They backed my refund request and I received my $1.5K back.
One day before the PayPal decision Jenny Wu unexpectedly appeared on Whatsapp after three weeks of complete silence. She made a ridiculous offer that I should pay $600 to close the dispute. I didn't bother to discuss that bullshit with her and next day received my PayPal decision.
So guys, you better use all possible protection (PayPal, your bank etc.) if you decide to take the risks buying form Alibaba. Read carefully what is written in Alibaba contract, it can be different compared to what sales reps are promising during negotiations. Do not rely on Alibaba trade assurance, they can screw you even if it's clearly seller's fault, like it was in my case.
Looks like a happy end but I wasted so much time on the pointless negotiations with Docan and Alibaba, preparing a ton of screenshots for Alibaba dispute and then for PayPal dispute also. It was a very frustrating experience.

Last edited:
On my pictures here there is a clearly visible oval shaped spot with a parallel scratches, like that area was scraped with abrasive. Rest of the cell surface is even and smooth. I didn't remove the glue, just ripped off the black cover.
On Ray's video you can also see that under the glue area around QR code is different. I am talking about bigger spot, not just the small square which is also looking odd.
But of course to properly check the code on his cells it would be better to remove the glue and look at the code area from different sides with proper lighting angles.

PS. Found a year old thread RayfromTX Gone..? Huh..? on this forum.
Will Prowse banned Ray for pushing Docan here to forum members.
It is the same Ray that builds cool stuff :ROFLMAO:
Ray's quote:
"Apr 15, 2022 Add bookmark #31
I receive a commission on sales from Jenny Wu when my youtube channel is mentioned at the time of contact. I don't have an affiliate link. I try hard to not self promote. In the case of the post that got me banned, I was responding to someone that was having a hard time with a payment method so I posted Jenny's email address so she could sort it out and get the discussion off the forum. Many people come here to find this information. I don't sell anything and technically, I have no affiliate links here or on youtube. My income comes from working in construction. I have turned down many offers to promote companies on my youtube channel but I prefer to not go that route.
My Youtube channel is Ray Builds Cool Stuff."
Will perfectly handled that situation, can't agree more.
Will's quote:
"I don't have a problem with reviewing an actual company and their products and services. Or even linking to them. I only have a problem when a forum member is posting "tell her I sent you" and getting a kickback. Any affiliate links or referrals should not be allowed anywhere on this forum."

Wow he was banned for pushing Docan? How did get unbanned? RayBuildsCowPatties! Avoid! I just found another thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...ing-lifepo4-from-alibaba-is-misleading.45401/
Seems like he says companies that sell real genuine cells like Luyuan and Sun Fun Kits are rip-offs but Docan the actual scam company is good.

They locked that thread...

I just got my order of 4 cells from Luyuan in 304, I will do tests with them too, look good so far!

And my sad story with BMS order finally came to an end thanks to PayPal protection. They backed my refund request and I received my $1.5K back.
One day before the PayPal decision Jenny Wu unexpectedly appeared on Whatsapp after three weeks of complete silence. She made a ridiculous offer that I should pay $600 to close the dispute. I didn't bother to discuss that bullshit with her and next day received my PayPal decision.
So guys, you better use all possible protection (PayPal, your bank etc.) if you decide to take the risks buying form Alibaba. Read carefully what is written in Alibaba contract, it can be different compared to what sales reps are promising during negotiations. Do not rely on Alibaba trade assurance, they can screw you even if it's clearly seller's fault, like it was in my case.
Looks like a happy end but I wasted so much time on the pointless negotiations with Docan and Alibaba, preparing a ton of screenshots for Alibaba dispute and then for PayPal dispute also. It was a very frustrating experience.
Good that you got your money back and that you were able to spread the word about Docan’s practices. Over a long enough time period a company like that will not prosper, and your thread helps that process of the market becoming aware of their activities.

Last edited:
Well, if he is not going to address the qr problem then as far as I'm concerned he is compromised, I also question his refusal to post the ZKE results, that machine makes very nice charts and graphs.

Too bad, but predictable, it was only a matter of time before this started happening now that eve is marking the qr codes with a B. Goes to show it was grade B all along and will continue to be.

The old adage is true, you get what you pay for.

If I get more cells anywhere (which I would like to, someday) it won't be from them. Shame.

I wouldn’t mind if I new beforehand that I was gonna get grade B while paying 80-90€ per cell. The thing that is happening right now with docan is straight up robbery. They completely scam people. some people are ok with it because the cells “seem to work fine” but that won’t be the case in a few years! They buy these cells for 40€ and sell them triple the price. Do you really thing they are gonna last 6000 cycles because you believe a guy from youtube?

It’s up to our hands to make this stop. Don’t be fooled by people who get payed to say good things about them in forums and YouTube.

I hate to disappoint you but nothing will change, there will be a new company or Docan will rename themselves and this will start all over again. Most companies strive to try to make a new for themselves for good quality and service but the Chinese companies basically sledge hammer there way to the top with cheap prices, I would not be surprised if a new company starts selling cells for 80-90 like it was in 2019 and start raising them slowly, mean while capturing market share as they go.

On the subject of DDP. My experience is that they (alibaba sellers) do not actually pay the VAT on import. Instead they attach it to a different shipment eg food and presumably avoid it this way. So it’s basically smuggling.

Back