diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power bad experience, beware.

wepower

Hello!

Having read here on this forum a lot of positive feedback about Docan Power decided to buy from them on Alibaba.
Ordered 84pcs of Eve LF280K cells from Docan in January. Sales rep was Jenny Wu.
Cells were sold as "brand new Grade A". I paid almost USD12K for them, USD141 per cell delivered to Poland.
They were shipped from Docan's German warehouse and I successfully received them.
In addition to cells I needed BMS to make 10pcs 25.6V batteries that were ordered from me by my customer.
Docan didn't have BMS in their German warehouse so I placed an order for 11pcs JK BMS delivered from China.
Jenny Wu said express shipping takes about a week and charged me USD172 just for shipping. As I needed BMS urgently I agreed to pay for express UPS. Total order value was USD1515 including BMS, shipping and Alibaba Trade Assurance.
Screenshot_20230427_033728_Alibabacom.jpg
Screenshot_20230417_003653_Alibabacom.jpg
From this point things went south unfortunately. Docan were too busy preparing for the Chinese New Year and didn't send the parcel before the holidays. So from Jan 12th when I paid for this order there was nothing in the tracking until March 1st when parcel arrived to Germany. Please note that the seller did not send via direct express shipping that I paid for, instead they sent the parcel to their German warehouse first and I am not aware what shipping service they used. For some unknown to me reason nobody delivered my BMS parcel, UPS returned it to sender with a note "The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver." in the tracking. Nobody called the receiver also. Jenny Wu insisted there was an error in receiving address, but it was 100% correct. I used it for a long time for my deliveries and never had any problems. I sent to the seller a few successful delivery receipts from Amazon to the same address as a confirmation.
Jenny said they would send the parcel again from their German facility, but according to tracking it didn't leave their warehouse until April 17th.
I informed Jenny on April 9th that I already purchased these BMS locally and I didn’t need the product anymore. Also, I informed the seller that there would be nobody on the receiving address because my partner in Poland went on a long trip and I don’t even know when he is going to return. I requested a refund because the seller promised one week delivery and did not deliver in almost three months. But Docan didn’t agree to refund and insists that I should accept the parcel. They tried to send it again on April 17th but there was nobody to receive the parcel and it was returned to the sender.
I opened a dispute on Alibaba, attaching all evidence (our conversations with the seller and parcel tracking) but Alibaba refused to support without any explanations. Both Docan and Alibaba insist that I should receive the parcel no matter how late it is. Alibaba service rep Anya threatened that I wouldn't receive neither goods nor my money back if I don't agree to accept the parcel - "if you insist that you do not want the goods, the dispute will only be dismissed and you may be faced with neither receiving the goods nor receiving a refund. Best Regards Anya Trade Dispute Mediation Department". That's how their so called "Trade assurance" works. It's better not to have any illusions about their buyer protection.
The worst part in this story is the Jenny Wu experience. She just kept throwing ridiculous excuses that it was "abnormal parcel" and it was just "a little late". I can't understand what was so abnormal in sending one 5kg box via express shipping. Before the problem was escalated she naturally begged me to send her USD2000 advance payment for future cell orders.

Screenshot_20230427_000031_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20230427_000138_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20230427_000218_WhatsApp.jpg
I think she planned to use this payment as a warranty in case problems with previous orders arise. She kept sending me soap opera level stories that she would need to pay full order value from her own pocket.
Screenshot_20230427_022603_Alibabacom.jpg

And to add insult to injury I found out from this forum today that Docan is actually selling cells with counterfeited relasered QR codes.
After reading these stories here and here I realized that I paid USD12K for B grade cells relasered to hide the "B" mark.
I could buy same B grade cells from nkon.nl for about 10% less if I knew what I was actually buying from Docan.
Wasted time, wasted money, spoiled relations with my customer because of delay. That's a sad outcome of my experience with Docan Power.
I am surprised how some members here are saying that selling B-labeled cells with relasered QR codes is OK if the cells can be used. We don't know why these cells didn't pass manufacturer's quality control and what their actual lifetime will be.

Initiated refund for BMS order through PayPal, hope they can help to solve this problem. Still have not decided what to do with the cells fraud.

Didn't expect forum engine to expand screenshot files to full width, sorry for bad formating.

I think you need to hold accountable some of the people that cheerlead for Docan. Docan is doing what all the Chinese seller have always done nothing new, but every year people get lured in by the cheap prices and throw caution to the wind.

Its us old hats that warn people but are dismissed, its a reason why we always say buy more than you need, ask for a test report, e.t.c. but newbies just look for the cheapest price.

Live and learn. I see you are in Ukraine, stay safe, and good luck.

How many different commutation methods were you chatting with a “Jenny”?

I think you need to hold accountable some of the people that cheerlead for Docan. Docan is doing what all the Chinese seller have always done nothing new, but every year people get lured in by the cheap prices and throw caution to the wind.

Its us old hats that warn people but are dismissed, its a reason why we always say buy more than you need, ask for a test report, e.t.c. but newbies just look for the cheapest price.

Live and learn. I see you are in Ukraine, stay safe, and good luck.
I can't say $141 per cell was a cheap price. Actually it was higher compared to other Chinese resellers at the moment. I agreed to pay more to Docan because of the positive reviews on this forum. Nkon.nl was selling same cells but with the original B-stamped QR code at $124 including shipping to Ukraine. With Docan I paid $141 shipped to Poland plus $5 shipping Poland-Ukraine, $146 total per cell. For 84 cells I paid $1848 extra just for fake "A-grade" illusion.
I couldn't spend a lot of time researching and picking the best resellers. We had power outages every day this winter because power grid was severely damaged by russian rockets. I had to buy what was already available in Europe and the choice was not that good.
And thank you for your kind words!

Last edited:
“Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown”
It's not always like this with China. I also had delivery delays with the other Chinese battery seller (Lithtech-Sinorise). Ordered $6500 worth battery packs from them but they couldn't deliver in time, blaming German customs for delay. It took some time but they made full refund even though I paid them directly without Alibaba or PayPal protection.
Also didn't have problems buying invertors from China.

I can't say $141 per cell was a cheap price.

You are right, price for grade B is completely out of control, We used to buy these for 80-90 dollars shipped in 2019, then covid crap, and all this other nonsense happened. However, prices are starting to come back to control and the price for grade B should be around 80-90 tops $100 while grade A (real grade with a proper individual cell test report) should be about 180-190 with 200 tops.

Grade has returned to its usually 200-ish price, but for some reason grade B has now morphed into Fraud Grade and people are paying 150 or 2/3 price of grade A. The only way this stops if enough disputes are filled that paypal/credit card blocks the merchant account.

Last month battery sellers from Alibaba were hyperactive desperately trying to sell. Prices are going down already and will continue doing so in the nearest future. Lithium price lost almost 70% since the beginning of the year. We should have more reasonable prices across the board soon.
Fraud Grade :ROFLMAO:(y)

Hello!

Having read here on this forum a lot of positive feedback about Docan Power decided to buy from them on Alibaba.
Ordered 84pcs of Eve LF280K cells from Docan in January. Sales rep was Jenny Wu.
Cells were sold as "brand new Grade A". I paid almost USD12K for them, USD141 per cell delivered to Poland.
They were shipped from Docan's German warehouse and I successfully received them.
In addition to cells I needed BMS to make 10pcs 25.6V batteries that were ordered from me by my customer.
Docan didn't have BMS in their German warehouse so I placed an order for 11pcs JK BMS delivered from China.
Jenny Wu said express shipping takes about a week and charged me USD172 just for shipping. As I needed BMS urgently I agreed to pay for express UPS. Total order value was USD1515 including BMS, shipping and Alibaba Trade Assurance.
View attachment 146691
View attachment 146685
From this point things went south unfortunately. Docan were too busy preparing for the Chinese New Year and didn't send the parcel before the holidays. So from Jan 12th when I paid for this order there was nothing in the tracking until March 1st when parcel arrived to Germany. Please note that the seller did not send via direct express shipping that I paid for, instead they sent the parcel to their German warehouse first and I am not aware what shipping service they used. For some unknown to me reason nobody delivered my BMS parcel, UPS returned it to sender with a note "The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver." in the tracking. Nobody called the receiver also. Jenny Wu insisted there was an error in receiving address, but it was 100% correct. I used it for a long time for my deliveries and never had any problems. I sent to the seller a few successful delivery receipts from Amazon to the same address as a confirmation.
Jenny said they would send the parcel again from their German facility, but according to tracking it didn't leave their warehouse until April 17th.
I informed Jenny on April 9th that I already purchased these BMS locally and I didn’t need the product anymore. Also, I informed the seller that there would be nobody on the receiving address because my partner in Poland went on a long trip and I don’t even know when he is going to return. I requested a refund because the seller promised one week delivery and did not deliver in almost three months. But Docan didn’t agree to refund and insists that I should accept the parcel. They tried to send it again on April 17th but there was nobody to receive the parcel and it was returned to the sender.
I opened a dispute on Alibaba, attaching all evidence (our conversations with the seller and parcel tracking) but Alibaba refused to support without any explanations. Both Docan and Alibaba insist that I should receive the parcel no matter how late it is. Alibaba service rep Anya threatened that I wouldn't receive neither goods nor my money back if I don't agree to accept the parcel - "if you insist that you do not want the goods, the dispute will only be dismissed and you may be faced with neither receiving the goods nor receiving a refund. Best Regards Anya Trade Dispute Mediation Department". That's how their so called "Trade assurance" works. It's better not to have any illusions about their buyer protection.
The worst part in this story is the Jenny Wu experience. She just kept throwing ridiculous excuses that it was "abnormal parcel" and it was just "a little late". I can't understand what was so abnormal in sending one 5kg box via express shipping. Before the problem was escalated she naturally begged me to send her USD2000 advance payment for future cell orders.

View attachment 146681
View attachment 146682
View attachment 146684
I think she planned to use this payment as a warranty in case problems with previous orders arise. She kept sending me soap opera level stories that she would need to pay full order value from her own pocket.
View attachment 146678

And to add insult to injury I found out from this forum today that Docan is actually selling cells with counterfeited relasered QR codes.
After reading these stories here and here I realized that I paid USD12K for B grade cells relasered to hide the "B" mark.
I could buy same B grade cells from nkon.nl for about 10% less if I knew what I was actually buying from Docan.
Wasted time, wasted money, spoiled relations with my customer because of delay. That's a sad outcome of my experience with Docan Power.
I am surprised how some members here are saying that selling B-labeled cells with relasered QR codes is OK if the cells can be used. We don't know why these cells didn't pass manufacturer's quality control and what their actual lifetime will be.

Initiated refund for BMS order through PayPal, hope they can help to solve this problem. Still have not decided what to do with the cells fraud.
I really hope/think you dealt with a fake Jenny Wu. The Alibaba order screenshot makes me wonder.
All of my communications have been done via email and nothing like yours.
Do you have an email address for her that you used? Would you care to share any photos of the cells?

I don't have any affiliation with Docan, besides 3 smooth transactions and plans for more. Seeing your thread causes some hesitation for me. I don't want to see others or myself having issues or receiving bad info..

Calling @RayfromTX to see if he would share some opinions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-210813.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-210813.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20230428-210708.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-210708.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 63
If anyone can contact RBCS and ask him to remove the black covering to see the QR code near it, it would be good. If there is a fake Docan thing going on and Docan is indeed selling real cells an intact non-sanded QR code would solve this issue.

I really hope/think you dealt with a fake Jenny Wu. The Alibaba order screenshot makes me wonder.
All of my communications have been done via email and nothing like yours.
Do you have an email address for her that you used? Would you care to share any photos of the cells?

I don't have any affiliation with Docan, besides 3 smooth transactions and plans for more. Seeing your thread causes some hesitation for me. I don't want to see others or myself having issues or receiving bad info..

Calling @RayfromTX to see if he would share some opinions
Do you really think Docan is such a big worldwide brand that other Chinese companies make their replicas?
I always use Alibaba app or Whatsapp to communicate with suppliers, it's way faster and more convenient than emails.

Attachments

• 20230131_154437.jpg
    20230131_154437.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20230221_164008.jpg
    20230221_164008.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20230221_164034.jpg
    20230221_164034.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20230427_000031_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_000031_WhatsApp.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 110
If anyone can contact RBCS and ask him to remove the black covering to see the QR code near it, it would be good. If there is a fake Docan thing going on and Docan is indeed selling real cells an intact non-sanded QR code would solve this issue.
I still have one 4pcs unopened box of Docan cells. Don't want to remove the black cover though as I probably will not be able to sell them.

Do you really think Docan is such a big worldwide brand that other Chinese companies make their replicas?
No, but I do feel there could be imposter's representing there sales agents. Heck we even see sellers using Will's photo without his permission in order to gain sales.
I'm sorry for the issues you had. I wish Jenny still had an account on the forum so we could see both sides. Lots of people use her / Docan successfully, however it appears more issues are popping up recently.
I'll still be ordering at least 16 more 230ah cells from US stock, just debating if I order now or wait for prices to supposedly keep coming down.
I always use Alibaba app or Whatsapp to communicate with suppliers, it's way faster and more convenient than emails.
I prefer email but wish I used Ali more often, missed the no PayPal feel March promo.

Everything appears to be legitimate as far as the account goes, sucks you had issues.

Hello!

View attachment 146691
View attachment 146685

View attachment 146681
View attachment 146682
View attachment 146684
View attachment 146678

I think thats a bad thing for everyone…

Last edited:
I just purchased four EVE 304 cells from Docan through Jenny via email. They were available in the US TX warehouse and arrived in 1week. I don’t have a BMS yet or power supply with a electric load to test the voltage drop during high load, but the resting voltage on the cells as they arrived and have maintained at a steady 3.293V for all four cells. That to me is a good sign.

Finally I decided to look what's under the black cover of the cells.
The outcome was predictable. QR code area looks sanded and I have no doubts the new QR code was printed on top of the old one to hide the "B" mark or to change the product code.
It's up to you to decide whether it is a normal business practice to remove original manufacturer's labels and print your own.

Attachments

• 20230502_153651.jpg
    20230502_153651.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 20230502_153703.jpg
    20230502_153703.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 20230502_153709.jpg
    20230502_153709.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 259
  • photo_2023-05-03_01-00-42.jpg
    photo_2023-05-03_01-00-42.jpg