diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power bad experience, beware.

And when you see another sweet story about how great Jenny Wu and Docan Power are, don't forget about their very generous affiliate program.
You can find it on their website here.
"DOCAN POWER affiliate program is free and enables members to earn revenue by placing a link or links on their web site which advertises DOCAN POWER or specific products on it. Any sales made to customers who have clicked on those links will earn the affiliate commission. The standard commission rate is currently 8%."
Or you can join their cheerleader team, 8% is a good motivation. In case somebody complains about Docan's dirty business methods you can always blame a virtual "imposter Jenny Wu".

And when you see another sweet story about how great Jenny Wu and Docan Power are, don't forget about their very generous affiliate program.
You can find it on their website here.
"DOCAN POWER affiliate program is free and enables members to earn revenue by placing a link or links on their web site which advertises DOCAN POWER or specific products on it. Any sales made to customers who have clicked on those links will earn the affiliate commission. The standard commission rate is currently 8%."
Or you can join their cheerleader team, 8% is a good motivation. In case somebody complains about Docan's dirty business methods you can always blame a virtual "imposter Jenny Wu".
I think you're referring to me, don't be afraid to tag me, I have thick skin.

In one of my last posts I said it was possible there was an imposter, never said there was an imposter; in fact I ended with everything appeared to be legitimate.

Affiliate programs are nothing new in the society we live in today... You can find this being done all over the place.

Again it sucks you had issues. It irritates me the cells appear to be sanded and re-lasered, enough that I am holding off on my 32 cell order for 230ah cells. I'll also ask Jenny for an explanation. If they are marked grade B from EVE Docan should just admit it and explain it not cover it up, that's shady and unethical in my opinion.

Edit - I still stand behind my comments that my 3 prior transactions with Jenny have had no issues, for 230ah cells.

I think you're referring to me, don't be afraid to tag me, I have thick skin.

In one of my last posts I said it was possible there was an imposter, never said there was an imposter; in fact I ended with everything appeared to be legitimate.

Affiliate programs are nothing new in the society we live in today... You can find this being done all over the place.

Again it sucks you had issues. It irritates me the cells appear to be sanded and re-lasered, enough that I am holding off on my 32 cell order for 230ah cells. I'll also ask Jenny for an explanation. If they are marked grade B from EVE Docan should just admit it and explain it not cover it up, that's shady and unethical in my opinion.
No, I was referring to that guy from the video, Ray. In the comments on Youtube he was asked to show on video what is under the black cover but he preferred to leave that question unanswered. And he gave a very detailed explanation how great Jenny is that there are imposters on Alibaba pretending to be her. Ridiculous. I think he must be better prepared for such questions and should have a few normal cells without altered QR codes.
I am ok with affiliate program, but in this case we clearly have counterfeit product offered.
And sorry if I offended you, definitely didn't want that.

Last edited:
No, I was referring to that guy from the video, Ray. In the comments on Youtube he was asked to show on video what is under the black cover but he preferred to leave that question unanswered. And he gave a very detailed explanation how great Jenny is that there are imposters on Alibaba pretending to be her. Ridiculous. I think he must be better prepared for such questions and should have a few normal cells without altered QR codes.
I am ok with affiliate program, but in this case we clearly have counterfeit product offered.
No offense taken.
My best advice would be to test the cells and use them, you don't have many other options.
I think I tagged Ray earlier, hope he checks the forum soon. I agree it's suspicious he won't pull the cover.

Good luck with your system.

Yeah, that's a problem that Alibaba protection in reality is nonexistent and remaining options are not great..
I already used majority of the cells I purchased from Docan. Assembled batteries were handed to my customer already. They are under very light load now, mostly in standby mode. We had grid power outages every day this winter, but since March grid was stable.

I have an order of 4 lf280k's and four lf304s coming in soon from Docan's Houston TX warehouse. Id be happy to check them when they arrive. I've seen quite the collection of relasered cells in the past. Some fakes better than the others. A fun collection of them is attached below.

First a real LF280 ordered direct from EVE
IMG_20230327_142316_HDR.jpg

Bunch of fakes, mixed lf280n, lf280k and lf304 qr codes
IMG_20230327_084419_HDR.jpgIMG_20230327_084123_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230327_084440_HDR.jpgIMG_20230327_084427_HDR.jpg

Most of the relaser work is sloppy enough where you can see the surface finish difference. Though as you can see the fakes have gotten better over the years.

Edit: I ment to add it's very clear that those cells were relasered without removing the top plate, if you look in your pictures you can see the color change where the sanding stopped next to the vent.

I ment to add it's very clear that those cells were relasered without removing the top plate, if you look in your pictures you can see the color change where the sanding stopped next to the vent.
Yes you can see that color change but it's not easily noticeable. It's when you remove the black cover you can clearly see that sanded spot.
Please share QR code pictures when you get your cells. Who knows, it's possible that US market is in a privileged position compared to European and you have a chance to get unaltered cells.

Yes you can see that color change but it's not easily noticeable. It's when you remove the black cover you can clearly see that sanded spot.
Please share QR code pictures when you get your cells. Who knows, it's possible that US market is in a privileged position compared to European and you have a chance to get unaltered cells.
I'll be real, I expected relasered cells, and I went into the purchase expecting that. I also expect not great lf280k's cause that's just the market. Will definitely post both qr codes for you, unknown if I will peel the black cover off. It's needed with how these cells will be used.

Some of us have gotten good cells from Docan, I had two purchases of 28 lf280N and they are excellent. I think they were over run/excess cells when they were switching to the lf280k. Probably got lucky.

I would imagine they sell the best cells first so depending on how far into the current batch of cells they are will dictate how good the cells are you get. It’s always buyer beware, and there are scams everywhere. I don’t believe any of these companies are actually selling EV grade cells, they are all either rejects or old stock.

I'll be real, I expected relasered cells, and I went into the purchase expecting that. I also expect not great lf280k's cause that's just the market. Will definitely post both qr codes for you, unknown if I will peel the black cover off. It's needed with how these cells will be used.
You don't need to remove the black cover completely. Just pull gently from one side to the center and then you can push it back and it will stick to where it was originally. No signs of removal should be visible.

I don’t believe any of these companies are actually selling EV grade cells, they are all either rejects or old stock.

I can pretty much say from our dealings with EVE where I work, that these are not EV rated cells, they don't not sell EV cells at the prices we see at any volume level. That is the 140$-160$ range. They likely come from scrap lots as we all pretty much knew, but if they work well, they work well.

I can pretty much say from our dealings with EVE where I work, that these are not EV rated cells, they don't not sell EV cells at the prices we see at any volume level. That is the 140$-160$ range. They likely come from scrap lots as we all pretty much knew, but if they work well, they work well.

Edit, when we ordered raw cells from EVE back in the day, it cost us about $250 per EV grade cell plus china shipping and tarrifs. We still have a few of those around.

Actual edit, well that missed lol

Some of us have gotten good cells from Docan, I had two purchases of 28 lf280N and they are excellent. I think they were over run/excess cells when they were switching to the lf280k. Probably got lucky.

I would imagine they sell the best cells first so depending on how far into the current batch of cells they are will dictate how good the cells are you get. It’s always buyer beware, and there are scams everywhere. I don’t believe any of these companies are actually selling EV grade cells, they are all either rejects or old stock.

18650batterystore
Luyuan Store on alibaba
SunFunKits
CurrentConnected for calB

All have grade A EV grade cells with individual cell report expect to pay $175-195 shipped/cell

Or pay $135-$160 for grade B/Fraud Grade cells from Ali sellers.

Grade B prices are insane right now, Grade A is not that much more at this point, unless they come back to 80-100 shipped grade B is a rip IMHO...

I asked this question, my post got hidden on his youtube. #RayBuildsCowPatties...
I think their sales have taken a dip after this was exposed so now they are calling in their influencers to pump up sales.

The stupid thing about all this is that most people would probably be happy to buy grade b cells and pay grade b prices but some sellers have decided to obscure the true source of these cells.
As with everything else on this forum, the truth always eventually surfaces.

I have no complaints with my original Docan order a year ago, but I haven't done capacity tests or anything like that.

If I end up ever buying more cells, I'll probably end up at 18650batterystore.com at this point. Not planning on anything more right now (heck I don't even have my current stuff all done yet...) but if I do that's the more likely source. I don't mind "grade B" I just want someone to be honest about it.

The stupid thing about all this is that most people would probably be happy to buy grade b cells and pay grade b prices but some sellers have decided to obscure the true source of these cells.
As with everything else on this forum, the truth always eventually surfaces.

Very much doubt anyone would ever buy grade B from overseas... I would not only way I would buy grade B is if I could return it, which I might end up doing (if I still can) with my grade b 304 from 18650batterystore

Very difficult / impossible to return grade B cells to China, maybe even inside USA, do you have to declare these are grade B cells? Will the carriers accept them?

I have a hard time seeing them sell any cells at all if they disclose they are grade B.

Very much doubt anyone would ever buy grade B from overseas... I would not only way I would buy grade B is if I could return it, which I might end up doing (if I still can) with my grade b 304 from 18650batterystore

Very difficult / impossible to return grade B cells to China, maybe even inside USA, do you have to declare these are grade B cells? Will the carriers accept them?
What's wrong with your 304 cells?

What's wrong with your 304 cells?

horrible results, 267 AH on a 304 cell pack:

I'm having someone else verify my results just to make sure my equipment is not bad but he emailed me the same one of my cells is only making 270 AH and has a very strange bad quality voltage curve...

Its been over 30 days since my order, I sent them emails never got a response, dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned as I was going to make a large 64KW pack wit 2x LV6548 inverters. I purchased 66 from SFK instead, perfect cells, I also tested them all average 316-320 AH no funny business with discharge/voltage.

Had I not tested them I would have assumed the 18650 grade B were just as good, in fact 1 of them tested exactly like the EV grade 304 from SFK, but 2 fell short and 1 was just a trash cell.

Oh yuck. Don't know if I could even call them "B" grade at that point. "G" (garbage).
At least (so far) it seems the Docan B grades are fairly well matched per order, even if they're not stellar (just want them to be upfront about the "B" grade and not relaser crap!). Sounds like 18650 might just throw a bunch of random cells together? Not cool.

Back