diy solar

diy solar

Ali Express Experience

DVF2001

I bought a “D Now” 200 amp hour LiFePo4 battery for $224.00 and i was a little skeptical but I hoped that it would provide close to the 200 amp hours that it is advertised to provide. I have built several LiFePo4 batteries from raw EVE cells so I know what I'm doing with LiFePo4 batteries. When I received the battery it felt extremely light. It only weighed 15 pounds and that is when I suspected it was a scam. I then fully charged it to 14.2 volts with my variable DC power supply at a charge rate of 10 amps. After the battery was fully charged it settled at 13.2 volts after about 1 hour. I connected my digital DC multifunction battery monitor with an amp hour totalizer. I connected the battery to a 500 watt inverter and connected 2 - 100 watt incandescent lights and began the test. The battery shut down at 10.6 volts and 21% state of charge with a total provided amp hour reading of 14.4 amp hours. I recharged the battery the following day and repeated the test. I got exactly the same results.
I documented the results with video and photographs showing the equipment used and the readings on the meters. I contacted the seller and told them of the problems and provided them with the photographs and explanations of how the tests were conducted. They instructed me to send the battery back for a full refund. They said to pay for the return shipping and they would reimburse that cost also. I shipped the battery via Fedex to the address in New Jersey that they provided. I also insured the package and paid extra for a required signature. The cost to return the battery was $36.00.
After they received the returned battery I contacted the supplier and did not receive any further communications. I then opened a dispute with Ali Express and they said they would look into it. They asked for proof that the battery did not work as advertised and I sent the descriptions of the tests and photographs and video's of the actual tests and copies of the FedEx documents showing that they received the returned battery. After a few days they asked for proof that I returned the battery. I again sent them the proof provided by FedEx. After a few days they said that I did not prove that the battery did not work as advertised and refused to refund my purchase price or return shipping costs even though the website clearly said FREE RETURNS for the battery if not satisfied. I then asked for a reconsideration of the decision and they said there would not be a refund and the case is closed.
This is a scam. I thought if the battery was not as described I could just ship it back for a refund because that’s what it said on the web page. So now I have lost $260.00 and they have their scam battery back and will probably sell it to someone else. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Yep, all kinds of stories about stuff like this around here. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you'll be able to learn some things around here.

I bought a “D Now” 200 amp hour LiFePo4 battery for $224.00 and i was a little skeptical but I hoped that it would provide close to the 200 amp hours that it is advertised to provide. I have built several LiFePo4 batteries from raw EVE cells so I know what I'm doing with LiFePo4 batteries. When I received the battery it felt extremely light. It only weighed 15 pounds and that is when I suspected it was a scam. I then fully charged it to 14.2 volts with my variable DC power supply at a charge rate of 10 amps. After the battery was fully charged it settled at 13.2 volts after about 1 hour. I connected my digital DC multifunction battery monitor with an amp hour totalizer. I connected the battery to a 500 watt inverter and connected 2 - 100 watt incandescent lights and began the test. The battery shut down at 10.6 volts and 21% state of charge with a total provided amp hour reading of 14.4 amp hours. I recharged the battery the following day and repeated the test. I got exactly the same results.
I documented the results with video and photographs showing the equipment used and the readings on the meters. I contacted the seller and told them of the problems and provided them with the photographs and explanations of how the tests were conducted. They instructed me to send the battery back for a full refund. They said to pay for the return shipping and they would reimburse that cost also. I shipped the battery via Fedex to the address in New Jersey that they provided. I also insured the package and paid extra for a required signature. The cost to return the battery was $36.00.
After they received the returned battery I contacted the supplier and did not receive any further communications. I then opened a dispute with Ali Express and they said they would look into it. They asked for proof that the battery did not work as advertised and I sent the descriptions of the tests and photographs and video's of the actual tests and copies of the FedEx documents showing that they received the returned battery. After a few days they asked for proof that I returned the battery. I again sent them the proof provided by FedEx. After a few days they said that I did not prove that the battery did not work as advertised and refused to refund my purchase price or return shipping costs even though the website clearly said FREE RETURNS for the battery if not satisfied. I then asked for a reconsideration of the decision and they said there would not be a refund and the case is closed.
This is a scam. I thought if the battery was not as described I could just ship it back for a refund because that’s what it said on the web page. So now I have lost $260.00 and they have their scam battery back and will probably sell it to someone else. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Bummer.

Can you post pictures? So we can see what it looks like. And your tests

1709246191318.pngIMG_6958 copy.jpgIMG_6964 copy.jpg

Here is the battery and my photos at the beginning of the test and at the end of the test just before the battery shut down.

Back