diy solar

diy solar

Self2Solar Review - Positive Experience

MajicDiver

Solar Enthusiast
Back in Late March I queried the group asking if anyone had done business with these guys, nobody responded in the affirmative. I was interested because they were offering the new Growatt APX battery for sale and were the only seller in the US offering it at that time.

The Self2Solar representative was quick to respond and was very knowledgeable on the Growatt products. They asked for the serial number of my inverter so they could verify if it was compatible with the APX battery (I already knew it was but did not tell them I knew) and very quickly told me I had V2 inverter which was compatible. I have a lot of respect for a vendor who verifies that a product will work with the buyers equipment before selling it to them - the serial number was the first question he asked me. I asked a lot of technical questions and they were all answered quickly. In the end I made the decision to purchase a 19.9 kWh ARO battery to add to my set of three of the same. The APX is cheaper but is limited to 30kWh per inverter, the ARO has a 39.8 kwh per inverter limit and has a very robust cabinet which is important in my application. At the time and currently they have the lowest prices out there I could find on APX and ARO batteries.

I made the order with a credit card and they did not add any fee for using a credit card like some sellers do (Renvu). The battery shipped promptly, they provided a tracking number promptly and the battery was delivered on schedule with no damage to the packaging whatsoever (not that the seller can control that much). This was the 4th such battery I have installed and I had no trouble with it. The seller followed up with me the day of delivery to see if there was any problems, I was having none and then let him know when I finished installing. He followed up the day after I got it installed to make sure all was still going well (all of this was via text). I have never had anyone do this before.

I was told that Self2Solar is the relatively new retail sales arm of the wholesale company WeSolarX and the charge on my credit card was to WeSolarX.

Oh I didn't realize the apx was compatible with the min seriees

Oh I didn't realize the apx was compatible with the min seriees
yes, and cheaper. its getting very price completive with the lower end EG4 stuff. I personally would not touch the EG4 products, based on the vast numbers of problems and struggles people have discussed at length on this forum for a long time and continues.

Back