diy solar

diy solar

Positive Signature Solar Experience

mrmrm

I think reading negative experiences with signature solar are important and while I don’t always agree with how Richard handles the situations, I thought it was only fair to share my 2 positive experiences.

System:
2x Growatt 5000es
3x Eg4 48v 100ah
2x 24V 100ah DIY packs
44 used 250w panels.

Situation 1:
1 of my 2 5000es inverters was defective and not outputting power. I was escalated to tier 3 support who eventually replaced the unit at no cost to me.

Feelings:
The time it took for each tier to get back to me and the tests they expected me to perform were a little frustrating but I understand they can’t just ship new inverters to any DIYer with an issue. I was satisfied with the end result.

Situation 2:
Not really a situation but shortly after ordering my batteries they had a presale order at $1449 instead of the $1499 I paid. I called and asked as a courtesy if they would honor the $1449 price.

I put in my first call with Westin who said he sent the request to customer service. 2 days later I called again because I didn’t receive any confirmation by email that my request had been submitted and Westin assured me it’s an internal chat system and they will get to it.

I called a week or so later and spoke with Page. I told her I already called twice, I understand it’s a courtesy but I never received any communication one way or another. She put me on hold and then confirmed $150 would be refunded to my credit card to honor the sale price.

Feelings:
I think signature solar is experiencing serious growing pains but my experience is that given enough time they do the right thing.

I think reading negative experiences with signature solar are important and while I don’t always agree with how Richard handles the situations, I thought it was only fair to share my 2 positive experiences.

System:
2x Growatt 5000es
3x Eg4 48v 100ah
2x 24V 100ah DIY packs
44 used 250w panels.

Situation 1:
1 of my 2 5000es inverters was defective and not outputting power. I was escalated to tier 3 support who eventually replaced the unit at no cost to me.

Feelings:
The time it took for each tier to get back to me and the tests they expected me to perform were a little frustrating but I understand they can’t just ship new inverters to any DIYer with an issue. I was satisfied with the end result.

Situation 2:
Not really a situation but shortly after ordering my batteries they had a presale order at $1449 instead of the $1499 I paid. I called and asked as a courtesy if they would honor the $1449 price.

I put in my first call with Westin who said he sent the request to customer service. 2 days later I called again because I didn’t receive any confirmation by email that my request had been submitted and Westin assured me it’s an internal chat system and they will get to it.

I called a week or so later and spoke with Page. I told her I already called twice, I understand it’s a courtesy but I never received any communication one way or another. She put me on hold and then confirmed $150 would be refunded to my credit card to honor the sale price.

Feelings:
I think signature solar is experiencing serious growing pains but my experience is that given enough time they do the right thing.
So if your doctor has 2 good surgery's but one that he killed due to negligence and then make excuses for it are you still going to use him? Most people do not care about good experiences they care about the bad ones that are not fixed. If the company did a good job fixing there mistakes there would not be a need for this section at all.

So if your doctor has 2 good surgery's but one that he killed due to negligence and then make excuses for it are you still going to use him? Most people do not care about good experiences they care about the bad ones that are not fixed. If the company did a good job fixing there mistakes there would not be a need for this section at all.
Woof. That’s a bit a stretch. I’m ashamed to admit, I love a dumpster fire of a signature solar thread as much as the next guy, but from what I’ve seen they seem to be “fair” not “the customer is always right.”

I’m thinking of the guy who shipped back his single battery when he really needed two or the guy that had one panel broken and signature would only refund him, not ship a new one.

That’s not how I would handle the situation, but I wouldn’t say they are a doctor who “kills due to negligence.”

Regardless, I just wanted to share that I did have 2 positive experiences…

Using your logic, I guess you must shop nowhere because just about every company is going to have something be mishandled at some point.

Not defending SS in particular, I have never ordered from them, know none of them, have anything to do with them, or even have any inclination to do business with them.

Using your logic, I guess you must shop nowhere because just about every company is going to have something be mishandled at some point.

Not defending SS in particular, I have never ordered from them, know none of them, have anything to do with them, or even have any inclination to do business with them.
You missed the part about negligence, mistakes can happen but you FIX them. SS seems to be in the habit of giving customer the run around until they get heat from forums like this one. If they fix there mistakes from the start then none of us would be talking about it. Even if you don't realize it you ARE defending them and that only reinforces there bad behavior.

Yea, and SS did irritate me with their repeated calls and emails asking if I was satisfied. Ok, folks, I'm done here. Truly sorry for anyone with bad experiences. I'd be mad too!!!! I will mind my own business from now on. Sorry.

I appreciate your positive experience. Just like online reviews, you need to look at the negative and the positive.

I had an issue that was my fault. They told me what to do and they did what they said they would do. They are honest, found out first hand with thousands at stake. For an on line store, hard to come by. Yes be kind and patient, it should work out.

Back