diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Experience, Bad or Good

JJB

I purchased a EG4 18Kw pv inverter about 7 months ago and it's been in operation for about 6 months now. I'm not the type of person to usually comment
publicly on a product or vender, but I believe I have to in this case.
In my opinion the EG4 18Kw pv inverter is great. So easy to pickup and set the parameters, it's smart and does so many things, has great software (no surprises
always works), easy software updates and compatible with a lot of aftermarket software and equipment, examples: solar assistant, many battery manufactures, BMS manufactures and much more. Lots of product information on the internet and solar forums. Very interesting reading what other owners are doing with inverter.
I didn't have much input about Signature Solar until two weeks ago. Yes there sales people were good and they had good help getting set up but really
with no problems and such an easy inverter to use I didn't have much contact with them.
So I had a problem recently, battery wouldn't charge or discharge. My thoughts, something wrong with my BMS, inverter, or maybe communication or whatever.
I looked for the obvious problems, no luck. Well looks like Signature Solar needs a call so I can get tech support. I tried emailing a tech which helped me set up, never did get a reply back. So I tried calling, I thought this ain't going after a few calls. I found if I called early and waited on line for about 15 minutes it worked got through.
Keep in mind the following is my experience with Signature Solar and it is so different from what I've been reading. SS once I made initial contact with a tech was
a very good experience. In fact so good I felt guilty not giving positive input. So this is it my input and a little summary of problem and SS's resolution.
So pinpointing problem (battery wouldn't charge or discharge) wasn't easy, not necessarily the inverter. I had to take a lot of pictures, videos and make many
voltage and ohm tests. Lots of messaging, phone conversation, and different people I was involved with. Their final determination and resolution was shipping inverter
back and shipping me a new inverter. I believe there is a short in DC buss, they said they want to check out this inverter never had anything like this. According to SS
they don't have many problems with this inverter. I asked if they would let me know what the problem is and what caused it. So I'm waiting for that answer.
As a final note I would like to thank SS people who worked hard for me.
Ethan Greeley, Payton Pearsall, Jared Routon, Chris, Na Tahsa

I purchased a EG4 18Kw pv inverter about 7 months ago and it's been in operation for about 6 months now. I'm not the type of person to usually comment
publicly on a product or vender, but I believe I have to in this case.
In my opinion the EG4 18Kw pv inverter is great. So easy to pickup and set the parameters, it's smart and does so many things, has great software (no surprises
always works), easy software updates and compatible with a lot of aftermarket software and equipment, examples: solar assistant, many battery manufactures, BMS manufactures and much more. Lots of product information on the internet and solar forums. Very interesting reading what other owners are doing with inverter.
I didn't have much input about Signature Solar until two weeks ago. Yes there sales people were good and they had good help getting set up but really
with no problems and such an easy inverter to use I didn't have much contact with them.
So I had a problem recently, battery wouldn't charge or discharge. My thoughts, something wrong with my BMS, inverter, or maybe communication or whatever.
I looked for the obvious problems, no luck. Well looks like Signature Solar needs a call so I can get tech support. I tried emailing a tech which helped me set up, never did get a reply back. So I tried calling, I thought this ain't going after a few calls. I found if I called early and waited on line for about 15 minutes it worked got through.
Keep in mind the following is my experience with Signature Solar and it is so different from what I've been reading. SS once I made initial contact with a tech was
a very good experience. In fact so good I felt guilty not giving positive input. So this is it my input and a little summary of problem and SS's resolution.
So pinpointing problem (battery wouldn't charge or discharge) wasn't easy, not necessarily the inverter. I had to take a lot of pictures, videos and make many
voltage and ohm tests. Lots of messaging, phone conversation, and different people I was involved with. Their final determination and resolution was shipping inverter
back and shipping me a new inverter. I believe there is a short in DC buss, they said they want to check out this inverter never had anything like this. According to SS
they don't have many problems with this inverter. I asked if they would let me know what the problem is and what caused it. So I'm waiting for that answer.
As a final note I would like to thank SS people who worked hard for me.
Ethan Greeley, Payton Pearsall, Jared Routon, Chris, Na Tahsa
Thank you so much for your feedback @JJB! I'm so sorry you had trouble reaching us to begin with. We always recommend calling in for the fastest service but yes, the call queue wait time can get a little high sometimes, we apologize. I'm so glad you did get in touch though and that you're getting the support you need! I will personally let everyone that you've mentioned know that their hard work is being noticed and appreciated! Customers like you play a pivotal role in our success and we genuinely thank you for your support. We are so grateful!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com with any questions or concerns in the future! ☀️ ✨

Everything I ordered from Signature Solar arrived in a timely manner except the rack which took 3 months. Been pondering altering the rack to have a recessed JB built into the side, but don't think there's room to do it safely.

Attachments

• 20231229_084757.jpg
    20231229_084757.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 14
Everything I ordered from Signature Solar arrived in a timely manner except the rack which took 3 months. Been pondering altering the rack to have a recessed JB built into the side, but don't think there's room to do it safely.
Thank you so much for your feedback @Sennen We certainly had some backorders on the racks there for a moment but I'm so glad you got yours delivered!

I must say I am disappointed in signature solar's billing long before shipping policy. I have a 6500ex that i ordered December 2022. I have been using it for a year. I decided this past December to buy an inverter generator for the winter gray days as a backup. Then I ordered a chargeverter from signature solar. They were saying at the time of my purchase that they would be shipped in mid January. My credit card was charged 423.00. On December 27th so I hoped they were preparing to ship. Now that the winter storms are here this week I was really hoping to receive my chargeverter.
So today I go on the site to check the progress of my order and NOW they are saying that they will ship them in MARCH! Which of course is AFTER the winter is over. Essentially what this has turned into is an interest free 423.00 loan for four months to signature solar. They should never have charged my credit card for a product they do not even have available to ship. It's real simple like booking a hotel room. Your credit card gets charged upon rendering the product or service. Now I realize they could very well do it again in march and bump it to July.. should I just go ahead and contact my credit card to have it removed? After all if I wanted to wait 4 months I would have ordered one from China myself. What would you do?

I must say I am disappointed in signature solar's billing long before shipping policy. I have a 6500ex that i ordered December 2022. I have been using it for a year. I decided this past December to buy an inverter generator for the winter gray days as a backup. Then I ordered a chargeverter from signature solar. They were saying at the time of my purchase that they would be shipped in mid January. My credit card was charged 423.00. On December 27th so I hoped they were preparing to ship. Now that the winter storms are here this week I was really hoping to receive my chargeverter.
So today I go on the site to check the progress of my order and NOW they are saying that they will ship them in MARCH! Which of course is AFTER the winter is over. Essentially what this has turned into is an interest free 423.00 loan for four months to signature solar. They should never have charged my credit card for a product they do not even have available to ship. It's real simple like booking a hotel room. Your credit card gets charged upon rendering the product or service. Now I realize they could very well do it again in march and bump it to July.. should I just go ahead and contact my credit card to have it removed? After all if I wanted to wait 4 months I would have ordered one from China myself. What would you do?
Hi @jimdandy

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I assure you we are working to get these orders fulfilled. If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I can get you connected with an assciate to look into where your order falls, as the dates that have changed online may not be referring to your order. We're here to help and ensure you're comfortable and taken care of!

This is the order. Will it be shipped in the next few days?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-111757_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113-111757_Brave.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 17
It has been long enough fo me to give my verdict regarding Signiture Solar. Springtime 2023 I purchased and installed a complete system from them. 2 6500EX inverters, Pallet of 460W Blue Sun panels. Cabinet and 6 EG4 Lifepower 4 48V batteries, and many components. I have since purchased additional batteries and a 6000XP. (I will even eventually be installing a system in another building and am collecting components as cash permits). I find them to be a helpful, reputable, and reliable company. Everything has not been smooth sailing however with patience and persistence I now have a system that works well and so far is reliable. They even worked with me until most all of the flickering light issues were resolved. ( Not a small task with these inverters). I have had temporal issues and frustrations at times and had to be patient in many instances, however in the end all is well.
Bottom Line: In the environment of today where finding reliable, integral, and knowledgable employees can at times be quite the challenge. Managing the shipping industry, cash flow, etc.........It seems to me that for a company of their size they are doing a rather good job!

I've purchased two Growatt AIO's from SS, a SPF 6k and a 12k about 18 months later. Shipping was fast and hassle free. Had one event that required technical support and although they were unable to do anything, (it was a weird assembly error by Growatt which I found by accident), they spent a considerable amount of time with me on the phone and seemed genuinely interested. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

It has been long enough fo me to give my verdict regarding Signiture Solar. Springtime 2023 I purchased and installed a complete system from them. 2 6500EX inverters, Pallet of 460W Blue Sun panels. Cabinet and 6 EG4 Lifepower 4 48V batteries, and many components. I have since purchased additional batteries and a 6000XP. (I will even eventually be installing a system in another building and am collecting components as cash permits). I find them to be a helpful, reputable, and reliable company. Everything has not been smooth sailing however with patience and persistence I now have a system that works well and so far is reliable. They even worked with me until most all of the flickering light issues were resolved. ( Not a small task with these inverters). I have had temporal issues and frustrations at times and had to be patient in many instances, however in the end all is well.
Bottom Line: In the environment of today where finding reliable, integral, and knowledgable employees can at times be quite the challenge. Managing the shipping industry, cash flow, etc.........It seems to me that for a company of their size they are doing a rather good job!
Thank you for that real life experience Dave!

My experience with Signature Solar is fantastic. Answered questions, helped make buying decision. Shipped to Montana crazy fast. Haven't set things up yet but if I need tech help and it's anything like my sales experience I'll be pleased. Thanks Jessica and Clay!

My experience with Signature Solar is fantastic. Answered questions, helped make buying decision. Shipped to Montana crazy fast. Haven't set things up yet but if I need tech help and it's anything like my sales experience I'll be pleased. Thanks Jessica and Clay!
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback @nathandeb ? I know I speak for myself and Clay both when I say, it's been a pleasure working with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns and of course, we're here for tech support too ? ☀️

My experience stretches the spectrum from extremely satisfied to very disappointed.
Ordering, shipping (panel pallet, 6 LiFePOWER4, AIO inverter, BRIGHTMOUNT, replacement parts) all excellent. Claims (shipping damage) were excellent.
Tech support ran the full range, from initially (18 months ago) good, to wrong information for a while, to long wait times both phone and email, to most recently prompt phone pickup and patient tech support.
I’m hoping my latest experience is an indicator of future interactions. More time will tell.
I’ve not had to deal with returns of any type.

Thanks for the feedback. It is reviews like yours that mentions things like " shipped to Montana crazy fast." That convinced me to place my order with them.
Since starting this thread i was emailed by Sarah Goforth on Saturday the 13th of January. She explained...
"We could have sold more than the next Shipment is for and as a result the ship date was extended to manage expectations."
She said she would not be back in her office until Wednesday 17th if i wanted to follow up with a phone call.
I explained that i simply wanted what my credit card was already charged for back in December, a chargeverter shipped mid January... I wished her a good weekend and asked her to

"Let me know as soon as you get back wednesday about your inventory status."

I heard nothing Wednesday, Thursday or today Friday. Maybe the bad weather has hindered her though.

My experience stretches the spectrum from extremely satisfied to very disappointed.
Ordering, shipping (panel pallet, 6 LiFePOWER4, AIO inverter, BRIGHTMOUNT, replacement parts) all excellent. Claims (shipping damage) were excellent.
Tech support ran the full range, from initially (18 months ago) good, to wrong information for a while, to long wait times both phone and email, to most recently prompt phone pickup and patient tech support.
I’m hoping my latest experience is an indicator of future interactions. More time will tell.
I’ve not had to deal with returns of any type.
I'm so glad we've been able to make progress so far, it's been a pleasure working with you! I look forward to ensuring your future interactions are just as lovely!

Thanks for the feedback. It is reviews like yours that mentions things like " shipped to Montana crazy fast." That convinced me to place my order with them.
Since starting this thread i was emailed by Sarah Goforth on Saturday the 13th of January. She explained...
"We could have sold more than the next Shipment is for and as a result the ship date was extended to manage expectations."
She said she would not be back in her office until Wednesday 17th if i wanted to follow up with a phone call.
I explained that i simply wanted what my credit card was already charged for back in December, a chargeverter shipped mid January... I wished her a good weekend and asked her to

"Let me know as soon as you get back wednesday about your inventory status."

I heard nothing Wednesday, Thursday or today Friday. Maybe the bad weather has hindered her though.
Hi Jim! I am so sorry you haven't heard back from Sarah. I have escalated this to our customer service manager. I have sent you a DM here on the forum requesting your details to find you in our system and get you taken care of!

I've got basically the same system. 12 eg4 48v batteries. Nothing but problems!!! Now I find out that they no longer make the eg4 6500ex 48v inverters!!!! I have not had them quite a year. I had them installed in Sept/Oct 23.!!!!

Back