diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar

flpilgrim

Let me know if my expectations are too rigid please. I ordered from Signature last Saturday, and was planning to install in two weeks over Thanksgiving. I didn't order any of the popular cheap components that seem to be in high demand right now; I got a Schneider Inverter bundle and a pallet of Canadian Solar panels. I used to work in a shipping department and that would have been a two-day pick and ship turn around for us max.

I emailed on Wednesday and haven't gotten a reply.
I called yesterday and sat on hold for 30 min before I hung up.
I saw a guy named Ben from a different thread and DM'ed him yesterday to try and avoid posting publicly.
I replied to another thread that had a Signature person active on it during business hours yesterday.

In your experience, should I cancel my order and go with someone else to try and get my stuff here in two weeks?

They are also charging me sales tax. Overkill didn't do that, neither did 18650 battery. I looked it up and Indiana is definitely exempt this year. I'd rather not go through the paperwork trying to recoup that.

I'm not upset (yet) and I'll be willing to interact peacefully with anyone from Signature that wants to weigh in here, I tried to work through every other channel before posting this but I'd rather not be in the dark about this. Signature may be the lowest price out there but $11,000 is still a lot of money for us.

I think they are severely backed up in the shipping department because I've been waiting for ages now too.
Yes I am starting to get annoyed with them.

I apply the Rule of Three as a sanity/safety check.
3 Attempts and that's it. There is no 4th.
If Lied to or Info Misrepresented it's an Automatic 3 and they're out.

Humans use this all the time qithout realizing it... It can save one a LOT of headache & stress and can be applied to almost every situation.
Think about it... 3 Strikes, your Out. 3rd time is the charm and so many more that we use without thought. Apply it consciously and you'll become happier in life.

Bottom line, there are many vendors & suppliers who are hungry for the business and ready to deliver. It's your project & your money so its your choice as to how much you'll put up with. Sadly, I have to add, that is sales response is not good, how will tech support be if something goes awry.

Bought a chargeverter two weeks ago. It was out of stock but that changed on the website on Monday. Ive written two emails over the last week and get no response. I'll try the phone tomorrow and if no luck will cancel the order and get from Current Connected instead.

@SignatureSolar2015 @SignatureSolarJames
@SignatureSolarPeyton
@BenFromSignatureSolar

It seems these issues keep getting posted over and over and over again.

@Will Prowse do you think you could pull off an undercover boss episode at SS? @robby could assist.

Let me know if my expectations are too rigid please. I ordered from Signature last Saturday, and was planning to install in two weeks over Thanksgiving. I didn't order any of the popular cheap components that seem to be in high demand right now; I got a Schneider Inverter bundle and a pallet of Canadian Solar panels. I used to work in a shipping department and that would have been a two-day pick and ship turn around for us max.

I saw a guy named Ben from a different thread and DM'ed him yesterday to try and avoid posting publicly.
I replied to another thread that had a Signature person active on it during business hours yesterday.

In your experience, should I cancel my order and go with someone else to try and get my stuff here in two weeks?

They are also charging me sales tax. Overkill didn't do that, neither did 18650 battery. I looked it up and Indiana is definitely exempt this year. I'd rather not go through the paperwork trying to recoup that.

I'm not upset (yet) and I'll be willing to interact peacefully with anyone from Signature that wants to weigh in here, I tried to work through every other channel before posting this but I'd rather not be in the dark about this. Signature may be the lowest price out there but $11,000 is still a lot of money for us.
Based off what I've seen in the past you should receive some resolution quickly now. It shouldn't work that way unfortunately.
Bought a chargeverter two weeks ago. It was out of stock but that changed on the website on Monday. Ive written two emails over the last week and get no response. I'll try the phone tomorrow and if no luck will cancel the order and get from Current Connected instead.
I've said it before, C comes way before S in the alphabet.

For the record, I haven't spent any money with SS though I've considered it numerous times but repeat threads like these stop me. Back on 3-31 I emailed sales for a freight quote along with a question on a Schneider bundle, I received a reply 4-11... I didn't go through with that order.

I have ordered 2 batteries from CC savings shack and a few small items from their main site, everything shipped and delivered fast. Any communications I had were answered in hours not days.

I want to see every USA based business succeed...
Happy Friday!

Sales and shipping probably don't work on weekends.

For me it took 12 days to get a pallet of panels. Emails answered over night. It took a week to get a shipping confirmation, on a Friday which means the pallet sat on their dock all weekend. Shipping company picked up from them on following monday and called to schedule deliver to my house on tuesday.

I wrote several emails to SS asking reasonable questions, one was about veteran discount, and all I got was sales hype weeks later. I didn't wait for three reply's before buying from other businesses. Ruixu has been very responsive as has my inverter supplier. SanTan seems to have taken it's full '10 days' before shipping as I just got the ship notice from a purchase 26 OCT.

When our sales tax team looked at Indiana they didn’t see the exemption, many states like Florida are recognized to be exempt
After seeing this: https://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program/detail/5106 we will work with the Indiana comptroller and make sure that we can proceed with no tax being a default

Will push this to customer service team to get a read on what happened to your email.
The “check order status” line is super busy this week as we are almost all caught up from the free freight deal and the next batch of PowerPro batteries are just starting to ship .

Ben is no longer active on the forum, focusing on contractor development. Will be introducing some new forum staff shortly.

Ordered a chargeverter on 3 November.
It arrived on the 9th (yesterday).

I would continue being the squeaky wheel, annoying as that can be.

Just an outsider’s observation. I doubt it’s possible to get all 3 of these features at once: fast, low price, high level of support - (quick, cheap, easy)
2 out of 3 is doing well, one out of 3 is normal.

When our sales tax team looked at Indiana they didn’t see the exemption, many states like Florida are recognized to be exempt
After seeing this: https://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program/detail/5106 we will work with the Indiana comptroller and make sure that we can proceed with no tax being a default

Will push this to customer service team to get a read on what happened to your email.
The “check order status” line is super busy this week as we are almost all caught up from the free freight deal and the next batch of PowerPro batteries are just starting to ship .

Ben is no longer active on the forum, focusing on contractor development. Will be introducing some new forum staff shortly.
thank you for responding James. I understand how difficult things can be in a large organization and I'm looking forward to getting my equipment and ordering from you all again next year when we expand. Cheers

Good morning! We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our customer service. I am here to ensure that you receive the customer experience we aim for. Please contact me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, and I will investigate the status of your order, and get you the answers you need. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your understanding.

Good morning shopman, If you would like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com with your name and order number, I can find out what is going on for you. If you could also mention the email address you are writing to and not getting a response from, I would like to find out what is happening there too!

Good to see an address of someone that can address issues.

My experience in the first month or two, is a lot of wait time with SS.

Now the refurb we purchased, haltingly, appears to not have actually been tested post chassis replacement, and now we'll, it appears, be sending that back. A mix of poor customer service has put an anticipated project to charge our Ford lightning a month behind now. I guess you generally get what you deserve when attempting to save $$$. Sucks that we can't trust a fairly local company.

It's been a couple days with no replies from sending several support requests to different addresses. It's too bad, it could have been some good exposure for SS, which it appears they could have used. Seeing too much negativity here, to waste much more time with them. We have other sponsors that would actually like to see their product covered.

Good to see an address of someone that can address issues.

My experience in the first month or two, is a lot of wait time with SS.

Now the refurb we purchased, haltingly, appears to not have actually been tested post chassis replacement, and now we'll, it appears, be sending that back. A mix of poor customer service has put an anticipated project to charge our Ford lightning a month behind now. I guess you generally get what you deserve when attempting to save $$$. Sucks that we can't trust a fairly local company.

It's been a couple days with no replies from sending several support requests to different addresses. It's too bad, it could have been some good exposure for SS, which it appears they could have used. Seeing too much negativity here, to waste much more time with them. We have other sponsors that would actually like to see their product covered.
@Murphyslaww If you would like to reach out to me as well, I am more than happy to get you connected with a member of our team today to get your issues sorted. engagement@signaturesolar.com

I asked on this forum and in email about the tax not being deducted in my order. It took 10 days to get a response and to this day as far as I can tell there is still sales tax for Arizona when Arizona isn’t a solar tax state.

Let me know if my expectations are too rigid please.

I don't think you are being to rigid. You mentioned not being upset yet, rarely does anger help unless its channeled appropriately. You likely already know this... but always worth mentioning.

I wonder, we had a bout of sickness go around recently in my neck of the woods. A Covid-19 variant (half the fam tested positive for the first time ever in 3.5 years, other half didnt get it, so strange). Lots of people we know are getting it too.

Having worked as a, ill call it "palletier", in a shipping department, I could see how some people being out sick could really gum up operations. You know, you got that one pallet guy that either palletizes things or has to do a custom rig for some crazy order and he does it like really good... (maybe that wasn't me)... and when that person is out its like..... dang...

What is admirable is that they are present on this website, signature solar jess for example here in this thread. Very cool.

Back