diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar and Panel Pallets, Expected Better

Daniel644

OK so like others here I ordered a pallet of Panels during the "Black Friday" sale, the morning before and the morning after i had placed my panel order they had been showing like they where out of stock (and they very well may have been and it was just a glitch in the system when I placed my order) anyway several WEEKS went by and I hadn't heard word one from SS and checking the website it was possible to order those panel pallets again so I took that as meaning they where back in stock, I waited another few days after that and still NOTHING from SS, so I finally messaged them at like 3 and a half or 4 weeks after having placed the order. They messaged back (this is Friday December 15th for reference) and got the ball rolling, by Monday I had tracking information for my Pallet being sent via ArcBestFreight.

The initial delivery estimate was showing on the tracking as the Friday before Christmas, then middle of that week I get a call from the local hub for ABF and get put on the schedule for the Wednesday after Christmas (The lady I spoke with just scheduled the appointment but before she hung up I specifically asked if the driver would have a way to get it off the truck and was told YES, it was a "curbside delivery"), I'm at home getting ready for work on that day and around 1PM get a call saying they didn't get put on the truck and it would be the next day, next day comes, get another call, this time around 10 am, they weren't coming that day either, it was now gonna be the following Wednesday (yesterday), I check tracking first thing after i wake up and see they are actually out for delivery, I go about my normal routine getting ready for the day, around 1:30 in the afternoon I get the robocall saying the delivery will be there sometime in the next hour, 55 minutes later I get a call from the driver himself where he says he's 10 minutes away and asks if I have a way to unload the pallet, when I told him No, I was told this was a Curbside Delivery so I assumed he had a method for unloading as that was what I was told, at that point he was wanting me to just refuse to accept the delivery. Well 30 (not 10) minutes later he finally shows up and I tell him i've got too much time and money invested in getting these things here, I'm just gonna take them off 1 panel at a time if thats what it takes, so thats what I did, I'll give props to the driver for lowering the panels down 1 at a time to hand them to me, but between the unloading then moving them to the garage (4 panels at a time with my hand truck) it was 3 HOURS later from when I initially got the call they where an hour away. I lost half a day of work over this delivery.

SIGNATURE SOLAR, MAKE SURE YOUR FREIGHT COMPANIES DON'T SUCK, THEY WILL COST YOU CUSTOMERS.

This is in no way the fault of Signature Solar. All the blame falls on the shipping company and how they handled the last leg of delivery.
The 3 week delay with no communication until I messaged them in actually getting things shipped out and the fact they chose ABF as the shipper (when a simple google search shows they have a horrible reputation) are absolutely on SS, the delivery side is on the freight company for sure, but you would think a company like Signature Solar that pretty much doesn't sell a product that doesn't require freight shipping would know what freight companies are good vs ones this bad. Thats why I said SS needs to be better at picking freight companies because bad deliveries are gonna make customers shop elsewhere because the average customer will blame SS for picking that freight company for them (this was the $150 freight on a pallet deal they where running, so they had full control over the freight company they picked).

Not defending ABF, but I had a similar situation with FedEx. A whole pallet of panels is a BIG deal to ship, deliver, and receive. I do think SS could start canvassing their customers and get a sense of who is delivering well and who isn't. SS ships enough product that they should be able to entice better service from a select few shippers rather than shotgun with them all.
On another note - unloaded one by one? Props to you! That's a lot of work and a long time to exercise patience. I'm certain I wouldn't have been civil after just 30 minutes! :)

I do think SS could start canvassing their customers and get a sense of who is delivering well and who isn't. SS ships enough product that they should be able to entice better service from a select few shippers rather than shotgun with them all.
On another note - unloaded one by one? Props to you! That's a lot of work and a long time to exercise patience. I'm certain I wouldn't have been civil after just 30 minutes! :)
That was pretty much the point I was trying to get across, SS needs to do better at picking shippers, they should have enough experience to know who does good and who doesn't, if an extra $50 or so on shipping will get us a better shipper we would all be fine with that.

as for the unloading, it was a 30 panel pallet (total weight 1270 pounds), there were 2 of us (me and my about to be, like in a few days, 74 year old dad) and it was a 30 panel pallet, the first few panels i walked down to the garage wall (about 50-60 feet of driveway), after like 6 of those we started leaning them against a fence up at the top of the drive so we could get them off the truck faster so the driver could get on his way (we were the only thing on the truck at this point, but where a good hour or 2 from the delivery hub), once everything was off the truck I took over moving 4 panels at a time via a hand truck down the concrete driveway and one by one into the garage. I'm still feeling it like 26 hours later, still sore all over. Definitely gonna use my mower to hall the panels in clusters up to the spot in the yard I plan to build the ground mount, but that will necessitate moving the panels again since they are leaned up against the mower.

the stock thing is a problem. I place a black friday order that was listed in stock, it went to awaiting shipping and i was charged immediately. weeks later I post here, they contact me and tell me the pallet really isnt in stock. (still shows available, not out of stock today).

Hi @Daniel644 I'm so sorry you had to receive your shipment like this. I would be just as upset. Unfortunately, we do not control how the carriers deliver the items and I understand your feelings regarding choosing the best carrier. We have a few options for carriers that we use but unfortunately, as a few have commented above, it is hard to find one that takes care to ensure a safe and convinient arrival of the loads in their trucks, no matter who you use. It mostly depends on the carriers policies or even the individuals the companies hire that handle the pallets after it leaves our facility. I'm so sorry again, if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out to us, you can email me directly at engagement@signaturesolar.com!

got my pallet of panels finally about 45 days after order. Shipping was fine once they actually shipped. Packaging was manufacturer which was fine.
Mine was also ABF, but they regularly deliver to my address and i had no issues with them.

If you regularly deal with freight companies you will know they all suck! I'm not sticking up for SS.
Exactly. In the last 2 years we lost UPS FREIGHT TO T-Force, YRC and FEDEX FREIGHT DIRECT. All Clowns and people are naive to think you just put something in a box or envelope and ship it.

Hi @Daniel644 I'm so sorry you had to receive your shipment like this. I would be just as upset. Unfortunately, we do not control how the carriers deliver the items and I understand your feelings regarding choosing the best carrier. We have a few options for carriers that we use but unfortunately, as a few have commented above, it is hard to find one that takes care to ensure a safe and convinient arrival of the loads in their trucks, no matter who you use. It mostly depends on the carriers policies or even the individuals the companies hire that handle the pallets after it leaves our facility. I'm so sorry again, if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out to us, you can email me directly at engagement@signaturesolar.com!
When a Customer makes a purchase , the responsibility to deliver the product is the responsibility of the one taking the money for the product.. No One Else.. Why isn't the Customer contacted and asked/provided the information on delivery receipt ????? Seems pretty easy to just blame someone else ( 3PL carrier). Clearly there is a dis-connect... Seems like the one providing the " money " is the last one to find out information, and just take whatever it is coming your way.. I call BS. Remember the CUSTOMER ????

I'm new to the forum, don't have a business interest in Signature Solar, but have been working with Clay there and I'm 100% satisfied.

I'm getting an EG4 system (from what I can tell they're reliable and perform well) and he helped me with EG4's 18KPV Hybrid Inverter which provides 12kw of continuous output power and 6kw for battery charging.

I believe EG4 is run by James Showalter, based in Sulphur Springs, TX but uses Chinese manufacturing...........sure wish I could find a Made in the USA company.........I'd actually be willing to pay more for it.

Last edited:
When a Customer makes a purchase , the responsibility to deliver the product is the responsibility of the one taking the money for the product.. No One Else.. Why isn't the Customer contacted and asked/provided the information on delivery receipt ????? Seems pretty easy to just blame someone else ( 3PL carrier). Clearly there is a dis-connect... Seems like the one providing the " money " is the last one to find out information, and just take whatever it is coming your way.. I call BS. Remember the CUSTOMER ????
Thank you for your feedback @.358 win. We truly do understand the importance of keeping customers informed about their purchases, and we acknowledge that there is always room for improvement. We are actively and endlessly reviewing our procedures to enhance the overall customer experience. Your input is valuable to us, and we are committed to making the necessary improvements to meet your expectations and our goals.

Thank you for your feedback @.358 win. We truly do understand the importance of keeping customers informed about their purchases, and we acknowledge that there is always room for improvement. We are actively and endlessly reviewing our procedures to enhance the overall customer experience. Your input is valuable to us, and we are committed to making the necessary improvements to meet your expectations and our goals.

Sorry to add to the thread, and keeping it at the top, but this very last post sounded like straight from ChatGPT. Maybe I am paranoid.

Sorry to add to the thread, and keeping it at the top, but this very last post sounded like straight from ChatGPT. Maybe I am paranoid.
I'll take that as a compliment! You're not the first, and I'm very sure you won't be the last to make this statement.
Paranoia is just hyper-caution and I respect that.

I'll take that as a compliment! You're not the first, and I'm very sure you won't be the last to make this statement.
Paranoia is just hyper-caution and I respect that.
Trying to reach SS after a missed call.. no matter what button is pushed the phone turns into a juke box.. I don't get it. I'm also @ work and don't have liberty to play phone tag. Nothing is more irritating than a business that is unreachable.. I don't get it..

Trying to reach SS after a missed call.. no matter what button is pushed the phone turns into a juke box.. I don't get it. I'm also @ work and don't have liberty to play phone tag. Nothing is more irritating than a business that is unreachable.. I don't get it..
Our phone line times are very short today. Average for tech is 7 minuets, there is no wait in sales and no wait in customer service. If you're having trouble, you can reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, and I can get you connected with an appropriate associate!

Back