diy solar

diy solar

Run from Signature Solar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no real damage that needs to be controlled. No money was ever taken and SS sent an email explaining how to resolve the issue. Either the OPer did not read the email or failed to respond to it. Cased closed IMO.
The damage control in my opinion is the thread itself, kind of like opening Pandora's box, a few others have chimed in with unsatisfactory prior experiences and others also chimed in suggesting all they're gonna hear is basically the same apologetic SS song and dance word salad. While others are supporting SS.
I agree the OP and SS themselves are likely best just to move on.
Realistically this thread probably would've started dropping down if it wasn't for one of the last comments from SS in regards to releasing audio recordings,
In my opinion that was some desperation of PR control not completely thought out, and all it did was perpetuate and further intrigued for more data when it's already been acknowledged the form of follow up communication was a bad mix between OP and SS.
Considering the numerous failed calls attempts stated by the op I'm going to assume by the time the op did reached somebody he may have also been heated, rightfully so.
I know some people have last moment purchases of 2023 trying to cash in on some federal tax credits/advantages purchasing and installing now since those are tied to tax returns. Maybe that also played into some frustrations for the OP.

When a company likes a suggestion to nuke a thread that has their name on and within you know it's damage control.

Last edited:
That's different than requiring it.
No, it was required. I had no issues with providing the requested info. As they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', and a video even more. Imagine how many "user errors" can be resolved quickly if a company can actually see the problem, and what the customer is doing (often wrong).

Realistically this thread probably would've started dropping down if it wasn't for one of the last comments from SS in regards to releasing audio recordings,
In my opinion that was some desperation of PR control not completely thought out,....

Or perhaps they are calling the OPer out because they have the actual communications (just like having an email paper trail).

The bottom line is there are always two sides to a story, and seeing (or hearing) the actual conversations can usually sort out who is actually at fault.

That said, I see Will has asked to keep our opinions to ourselves, so I will bow out until something conclusive surfaces (if it ever does).

I hope you are seeing a therapist for all that guilt.
No guilt here. I have other thoughts and feelings, but this is not the place for it. I asked Will to remove my “off the rails” comment as it went against what I like about this forum: people from different backgrounds finding common ground in solar power.

Hi There!

We have your phone call from the 17th on this transaction, would love to post it for the group, have any issues with that?
So, we've had two people from signature solar comment on this post. What's really interesting is the fact that the primary point of the post is that no one from the company was willing to return my phone calls. That is still the case even to this day. Once again, signature solar proves customer care is not their number one priority.

Hi There!

We have your phone call from the 17th on this transaction, would love to post it for the group, have any issues with that?
Why don't you find the phone call of me talking to the head of your customer service department Tyler Phillips. In that call he admits that y'all are wrong and I am right. He also states that he will call me back. So find your recording of that phone call which never took place. Also find the phone call of me talking to someone in your tech support department where they promised to call me back before closing that day and have someone else, another manager call me back as well. Guess what, you can't find recordings of those phone calls because no one ever called me back, again!

Alright this thread is cleaned up. Future posts need to stay on topic. NOT imposing opinions on how a business should be run, or other tangents.

If OP has new evidence, please share.

If eg4 thinks OP is wrong or needs further help, your choice to respond.

There was no money taken and there doesn't seem to be anything else to discuss.
The only topic I have ever complained about is signature solars, and I guess EG4s, lack of customer care and customer service. My only objective was to warn others.

Why don't you find the phone call of me talking to the head of your customer service department Tyler Phillips. In that call he admits that y'all are wrong and I am right. He also states that he will call me back. So find your recording of that phone call which never took place. Also find the phone call of me talking to someone in your tech support department where they promised to call me back before closing that day and have someone else, another manager call me back as well. Guess what, you can't find recordings of those phone calls because no one ever called me back, again!
Can they post what they have then? Maybe we can get those as well. If they can post all of them, can they do that? Whatever they have available on recorded lines?

The only topic I have ever complained about is signature solars, and I guess EG4s, lack of customer care and customer service. My only objective was to warn others.
If you wish to warn others, we all need evidence of wrong doing. That is all I'm ever asking for. If I made a YouTube video without evidence, everything I do would collapse over night. When I assert a claim, I zoom the camera in and do the test multiple times. If I'm wrong, I'll be sued. Same should hold true for anyone calling out a company.

We need accountability on all sides. If you wish to assert a claim, it needs to be substantiated with evidence. And the same is true for the company.

Can they post the recordings for us all to hear? Or any that they have available?

I was only referring to the title of "Run from Signature Solar!!!". I agree about SS's reasonable feedback.
I really don't care what a couple of signature solar employees have to say on a forum when it's their job to run PR damage control. My big question is and always has been, why do none of the managers or employees at Signature Solar return phone calls when they promise they will? If any of the employees had just done what they told me they would do and call me back this would have never been an issue.

Can they post the recordings for us all to hear? Or any that they have available?
From the tone of @SignatureSolarJames post about the recordings, they have one on the OP where OP isn't going to be viewed favorably. From the tone of the OP's post about the recordings, there are (should be) others where OP will be viewed favorably. It really has to be an all or nothing thing on the recordings, and only SignatureSolar claims to have made recordings of any of the calls as of right now.

The damage control in my opinion is the thread itself, kind of like opening Pandora's box, a few others have chimed in with unsatisfactory prior experiences and others also chimed in suggesting all they're gonna hear is basically the same apologetic SS song and dance word salad. While others are supporting SS.
I agree the OP and SS themselves are likely best just to move on.
In my opinion that was some desperation of PR control not completely thought out, and all it did was perpetuate and further intrigued for more data when it's already been acknowledged the form of follow up communication was a bad mix between OP and SS.
Considering the numerous failed calls attempts stated by the op I'm going to assume by the time the op did reached somebody he may have also been heated, rightfully so.
I know some people have last moment purchases of 2023 trying to cash in on some federal tax credits/advantages purchasing and installing now since those are tied to tax returns. Maybe that also played into some frustrations for the OP.

When a company likes a suggestion to nuke a thread that has their name on and within you know it's damage control.
Yes, damage control is all that signature solar is interested in at this point. In an earlier post, Jess asked me to reach out to her via email. So I did. What we do know at this point is that more than one employee has spent time researching this from within signature solar and hunting down phone calls and recordings. Yet, still, no one from Signature Solar has been willing to take 5 minutes to make a phone call to me.

Indeed. May be a waste of time. No real conclusion to draw from a miscommunication problem.
From the tone of @SignatureSolarJames post about the recordings, they have one on the OP where OP isn't going to be viewed favorably. From the tone of the OP's post about the recordings, there are (should be) others where OP will be viewed favorably. It really has to be an all or nothing thing on the recordings, and only SignatureSolar claims to have made recordings of any of the calls as of right now.

Yes, damage control is all that signature solar is interested in at this point. In an earlier post, Jess asked me to reach out to her via email. So I did. What we do know at this point is that more than one employee has spent time researching this from within signature solar and hunting down phone calls and recordings. Yet, still, no one from Signature Solar has been willing to take 5 minutes to make a phone call to me.
Yeah we get that. It's well known their phone lines are clogged. I was just on hold for 30 minutes with another company. It's common.

I'm trying to figure out if there's something here of substance to pinpoint.

Can they post the recorded calls?

we know better. are you going to authorize the post via email or are you not truly committed to taking this to the public square fairly?

We need accountability on all sides. If you wish to assert a claim, it needs to be substantiated with evidence. And the same is true for the company.

If signature Solar wants to collect ALL of the recordings and send them to me for preview and redaction of personal information, then I will likely not have a problem with posting ALL of the recordings.

Do they also have recordings of all of my phone calls that were made including the ones where I stayed on hold for several minutes while no one ever answered the phone? They seriously have me wondering if my numbers have been blocked in their system.

Definitely need the recordings of my multiple conversations with Becca, the head of sales. Of course the conversation with Tyler Phillips. Most definitely need the recording with, I believe her name was Amanda, that was my first call to customer support where Tyler later admitted that she did her job in a horrible fashion. And we need the call from Layla where she promised to call me back and have her manager and another manager call me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back