diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar - Voicemail

PaulLad

I just placed an order with Signature Solar. After getting the confirmation, I noticed two problems with the order. So I called and was hoping to leave a message to cancel the order so I can redo it but there is no voicemail. Now I have to call back or send an email which just wastes my time. All vendors should consider voicemail to make it more convenient for customers.

I just placed an order with Signature Solar. After getting the confirmation, I noticed two problems with the order. So I called and was hoping to leave a message to cancel the order so I can redo it but there is no voicemail. Now I have to call back or send an email which just wastes my time. All vendors should consider voicemail to make it more convenient for customers.
Hi @PaulLad Thank you so much for your suggestion, I will certainly submit this for consideration! If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com and let me know what happened with your order, I can get you connected with the right associate to address your issues.

Statistically, most callers will hang up when they get the voicemail prompt. They are used to the immediate gratification of someone answering the call, and feel that "voicemail" is something that'll only be checked occasionally. a *lot* of large companies have completely moved away from voicemail for exactly this reason.

Source: I used to work for a telephone company that offered call center options for customers of all sizes. Across the board, the number of hangups when presented "voicemail" for both sales and support, are upwards of 90%. Meaning it's an additional expense, task, and source of frustration for very little reward for the enduser. Of course, there are exceptions. As a whole, medical providers see very few hangups, as an example.

Last edited:
The vast majority of my customers leave voicemails. Not sure where you got those statistics.
I added a source, to my post.

Anecdotaly, you may be an exception with your business, but statistically, most will just hangup.

I specifically tell all of my contacts to leave a message since I'm on the phone so much.
They are pretty much trained at this point. I feel bad for them when I retire!

Then I will never call you back!????
I had a prospective customer send me a dm on Facebook a couple weeks ago. She said, I keep calling but no one ever answers. I asked if she left a voicemail. Of course she didn't. Apparently she and a lot of people don't mind wasting precious time.
I don't leave voice-mails.

So you just keep calling back until someone answers? Or you send a text? To me, that's a massive waste of time. The whole purpose of voicemail was to save time and make communication easier.

I had a prospective customer send me a dm on Facebook a couple weeks ago. She said, I keep calling but no one ever answers. I asked if she left a voicemail. Of course she didn't. Apparently she and a lot of people don't mind wasting precious time.

So you just keep calling back until someone answers? Or you send a text? To me, that's a massive waste of time. The whole purpose of voicemail was to save time and make communication easier.
I'll follow-up with a Text or Email.

I run a business. The customers I have leave voicemails. They know that I am not always available. I call them back.
That's the way most business to business relationships work.
Idiots won't leave a voice mail. I don't have time for idiots.

I run a business. The customers I have leave voicemails. They know that I am not always available. I call them back.
That's the way most business to business relationships work.
Idiots won't leave a voice mail. I don't have time for idiots.
I look at it this way...if you don't have time to answer the phone, you are to busy and don't need extra work. I will leave a message if I call after normal business hours.

I look at it this way...if you don't have time to answer the phone, you are to busy and don't need extra work. I will leave a message if I call after normal business hours.
So what happens when you're on the phone? Whoever is spending less gets hung up on ????

If I get a phone message from one of my customers, or a potential customers I call them back.

If I don't want to do business with them (I have some), I don't call them back.
(Did you hear that SS ??)

If I don't call them back, they will find a company who will call them back.

And yes, I'm plenty busy. I'm extremely fortunate. I have to turn away work. But I will call back my customers after hours and on the weekends if necessary. They have been known to call me after hours as well, and that's ok.
If you own a small business, working hours are waking hours.
Vacation days are those days, when for some reason, you don't have any work.
8 inches of snow = vacation day! :cool:

Regarding people who call and aren't mentally equipped to leave a simple message, they are either spammers or idiots.

my experience with signature solar voice mail/email.

left email with question for a purchase no response, then went to voice mail chat bot that was a joke 4 or 5 days later i did get a response the 800 number is just for show lol after 2 weeks I got a response questions were taken care of and I made the purchase. 3 to 5 days later as posted on website email notified me of shipping i had to request the tracking number and shipping company info, truck arrived on time packaging for 10 panels was pathetic they were wrapped in plastic wrap vertical on the pallet strapped down with plastic bands the driver and I both had to laugh to keep from crying he told me it was a miracle that they made it (from texas to elko nv) at all. I did read the return policy which made me nervous since it was complicated and confusing full of steps and procedures putting blame on trucking company when truck arrived I understood why If I do order again I will request and would pay for better packaging. BUYER BEWARE any damage during shipping due to poor packaging will be on the buyer.

Hi @prkrgrp I'm so sorry this was the case for you! I'd really like to look into your experience and follow up on where we can improve. The majority of our customers are quite satisfied with the packaging delivery of our products these days, so if yours was not packaged properly, we'd really like to find out why! For future reference, our phone number is 903-441-2090 but if you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, we'd love to get to the bottom of this and get you taken care of!

Back