diy solar

diy solar

Run from Signature Solar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take a dim view of someone wanting to publicly post a phone recording that might include my address, credit card info, etc. Would certainly want to review the call privately before saying ok. And which call? He says there were a bunch of them around that time.
It is a he said - she said, and they have the receipts.

I'm also tired of not hearing the whole story and having everyone blast the forum with their "business advice" on every customer support situation. Let's see what was actually said. If OP agrees to it, let's see what they had to actually say to signature solar. I want to know.

I’d take a dim view of someone wanting to publicly post a phone recording that might include my address, credit card info, etc. Would certainly want to review the call privately before saying ok. And which call? He says there were a bunch of them around that time.
He showed his call log...20 calls to 5 different numbers that went un answered.

I want to know.
Oh, I’m curious too. But I’d want to hear all the calls, not just one selected in isolation. But I don’t think it’s fair to ask anyone for a blanket release unless he/she gets to review the calls first, to make sure there’s no confidential info (e.g. credit card info) on them. Besides, those calls always say that recording is for the purpose of quality control and training, not for public posting.

Oh, I’m curious too. But I’d want to hear all the calls, not just one selected in isolation. But I don’t think it’s fair to ask anyone for a blanket release unless he/she gets to review the calls first, to make sure there’s no confidential info (e.g. credit card info) on them. Besides, those calls always say that recording is for the purpose of quality control and training, not for public posting.
Yes agree and they are asking op for permission. It's up to op to share the content.

Yes agree and they are asking op for permission. It's up to op to share the content.
Agree. They should send him the tapes or transcripts or whatever of all the calls and emails between them, and then he can say yes or no, with any privacy redactions he feels are needed.

I agree, but, if the OP doesn't agree to share, I think this thread should be removed, as the subject/title is rather damning of SS, without evidence.

(sorry, just IMHO that is... I'm just a member here!)
I disagree. Much can be discerned from a companies reactions to truths or falsehoods. One of James posts earlier on was actually quite reasonable, I was surprised.

I disagree. Much can be discerned from a companies reactions to truths or falsehoods. One of James posts earlier on was actually quite reasonable, I was surprised.
I was only referring to the title of "Run from Signature Solar!!!". I agree about SS's reasonable feedback.

This is the one I'd love to hear if the op says its ok to post. If this one is the case it would wrap it up I would think.

I offered to drive there personally, pay in cash and pick up my order. The customer service manager I spoke with Taylor Phillips said he would call me back the next business day

I had a TLC tv that had an issue. They requested a video of the issue and a few things they wanted me to do. Then they promptly sent me a replacement, no need to return the old one. One of the best CS interactions I have ever had. I have since purchased 4 more of their TVs feeling confident they will handle any issues promptly.
That's different than requiring it. If it's convenient for the customer, sure, they can use it at their discretion.

A TV exhibiting visual symptoms, especially consistently, is a prime example of visual evidence being a nice fast track to replacement.

SS did a poor job communicating and the OP is the sort of person I would not hang out with.

James needs to have his forum privileges revoked AGAIN (bloody hell James let anyone else speak for you LOL)
I'm bored with this conversation.....how about these bloated Docan cells I just re-homed into a proper case. Anyone want to hear about this instead ???
What rule did James break?

I think he means the way he vanished voluntarily for a while and let @SignatureSolarJess speak for them here. His customer service skills are often lacking, and it's in his best interest to stay away from things he's not good at.
Well now we have even more messages clogging up this thread. That's not an issue. It's not breaking any rules. This is the type of stuff that wastes time for everyone. I'm about to clean this thread again.

If you're not the OP or EG4, there's a good chance you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

If you want to voice your concerns about how these businesses should run, make a new thread or create a better business.

If a business is weak, it will die. Other businesses will use it as an opportunity.

If you wish to build a better business, let's see it. Stop talking and start building.

Now let's see what op says or I'm locking thread. If a non member looks through this thread, they will see no useful information, just endless arguing and opinions.

I admit to being amused by threads such as these.

We have, as shining examples of modern customer service, Comcast and Amazon. In my myriad of interactions with Comcast, Amazon, and Signature solar, SS clearly comes out on top. I get to actually communicate with real people who actually have real power. If I can get connected to customer service at Comcast or Amazon, they follow the same exact script the website/phone system forced me through before I even had the chance to communicate with another human, and then their options are only slightly more expansive than the automated options for resolution. Amazon, for all its warts, always does fine by me as the customer, but I'd hate to be on the business side of the equation because like credit card companies, ebay, paypal, etc Amazon will always side with the buyer.

I recently placed two orders to Digikey within a few hours of each other, and one was cancelled with the notice going to spam. When I talked to them - and like SS they actually have real customer service people located in the US who aren't following a set-in-stone script - they indicated it was fraud management, and between me and them we resolved the issue and I received the order on time. I only contacted them because I had a deadline and was watching for the shipment notification, contacting them once I realized there was an issue - and finding they would not have done anything further beyond the email notice. If I had waited until delivery was expected I would have been in a difficult position.

None of this is new, this particular instance of misapplication of fraud protection isn't special or notable. The response from the company - be it via email, phone, text, or just waiting for the customer to call for an order update - isn't good or bad. The problem with high volume businesses is that the fraud notices are NOT handled by humans. It happens, the system updates the order, sends out an email, and that's it. They can't possibly try 3+ different contact methods for every fraud test positive they receive. If you have difficulty putting as much attention toward their emails as you put toward the ordering process, you're likely to be bitten by this problem repeatedly.

The frequency and value of fraud is accelerating at a staggering pace, and businesses are barely keeping up. It's not surprising that, in this example, the bank first threw a fraud warning and declined the transaction, only to have the company's fraud flag trigger and decline the transaction a second time. The only difference between the two is that one happened during the ordering process when the customer's attention was on the order, and the second when the customer's attention was not on the order. Personally I'd rather have a higher bar for fraud detection and suffer fewer fraudulent charges than the opposite, so whenever this happens to me rather than becoming angry I choose to be grateful that my finances are being well protected.

And for all that SS is throwing an impressive amount of resources towards this one customer and one transaction.

My son recently ran over an amazon box placed directly in front of the garage door. While he was absolutely right that amazon shouldn't have put it there, we also both now circle the car after opening the garage door and before getting in the driver's seat.

It's not that we think Amazon is faultless, but we see how large they are, and how inconsequential this one thing is to them, and rather than spending time going through a complaint process and delaying receipt of items we've ordered by days, we spend a few more seconds doing something that is overall safer anyway - toys, animals, and other items not placed by amazon have been noted and dealt with since we've adopted this strategy. It's no pre-flight checklist, but it's saved us a surprising amount of unhappiness and grief, and is well worth the effort.

I make mistakes, and I'd guess I make more of them, per mistake opportunity, than SS. If I had to perform thousands of actions a year, and each action involved 20+ steps and I made as few mistakes as SS does I'd count myself lucky. Meanwhile they're still examining their processes, getting feedback from customers who've suffered those mistakes, and then making improvements to reduce the error rate even further. On top of that they're paying particular attention to this forum and seeking out bad customer reports and pro-actively resolving them. Is there any forum where you can go complain about comcast or amazon and receive personalized help within a day, if not within hours?

The OP is not wrong to complain. SS is not wrong in their fraud detection and notification strategy.

We can hold both of these contradictory statements as true, and if we assume that both parties are doing their best to resolve a difficult situation then things will probably go better for everyone overall. Pointing fingers, accusations, ascribing ill intent, bringing up old resolved problems, etc is certainly counterproductive for everyone involved, and particularly so for everyone choosing to contribute. It certainly sets an overall negative tone for the forum if those are the first tools we reach for when we're trying to help others out.

Just a little reminder and nudge towards a better overall experience for everyone - not just new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back