diy solar

diy solar

Run from Signature Solar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two nations divided by a common language….?.

I still chuckle at chuffed and fanny pack.

No, nor did I try smoke signals.

This ^^^^^^

I see the same thing on other forums where certain companies are bashed because of some sort of issues (often caused by the customer) that probably a very small percentage overall have. But as you said, people rarely talk about when things go right.

I have not ordered from SS as of yet, but despite some of the things I have read here, I would probably not let it stop me, because I know the odds are in my favor that I won't have a problem.

As for this issue, I don't think the OPer is without blame. IMO any credit limit issues should have been taken care of before even attempting to place the order (not while on the phone while trying to place it). And it appears that SS did try to communicate before canceling the order.
The debit card limit had nothing to do with the problem. No matter what, their system would have sent out an email rather than my sales rep making a phone call. As stated previously, the customer service manager admitted that that was their mistake. People on here, I guess people everywhere, have a very difficult time reading comprehensively and understanding the main points of what's being written. I suppose that's the problem with public education.

I am not an early adopter and I don't like being a beta tester for products I pay for, so I won't be a customer for EG4 products any time soon. But I have bought wire and connectors and solar panels from SS without any issues. Emails came through just fine. Calls answered quickly. Damaged panel refunded without issue.

But I was a liberal arts major so my reading comprehension is probably higher than the average person.

I went back a read OPs first post. He feels he was treated badly and is upset.

The SS posts are typical of what we have seen over the years.

It would be nice to break out of this pattern. There have been suggestions about how to improve customer service. The learning curve appears flat. Not optimistic.

This is the email sent by our customer verification department to notify the customer of a flagged order:

"Hey there,

To begin, we thank you for choosing Signature Solar and purchasing with us. But, our automated payment system has flagged your order. We will need to do a simple verification to make sure you are the one making this purchase.

In order for us to move forward with processing your order, we will need a form of ID that matches the name of the Card Holder and ALL names/addresses on your order to verify authenticity. At this time we can only accept government-issued IDs (your pertinent information can be hidden, all we need is your name, address, and picture).

Your information will not be shared, sold, rented, or used by anybody but Signature Solar

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us."
This is the first time I have seen this email from Signature solars identity verification department. The first thing I notice is that not only are they wanting to identify and get government issued identification of the person purchasing the equipment even when they know for a fact because their own employee was on the phone while the bank verified the identity and the non-fraudulent nature of the purchase, signature solar is also wanting to verify the identity of the person that the purchaser is sending the equipment to. My question is this, how does that have anything to do with credit card or debit card fraud prevention? Many people that are buying solar equipment especially off-grid systems are concerned with privacy. It is obvious that signature solar is gathering the identity of everyone involved. What could the purpose possibly be? Looks to me like they are, and this is obvious to anyone who knows, all digital data that is collected is ultimately given to the government. As Edward Snowden, various congressman and senators and freedom of information act requests have proven, the government has access to all digital information. Signature solar obviously plays into that and absolutely does not respect the privacy of its buyers or users. Otherwise, what would be the purpose and verifying the identity of who is to receive the shipment? Their claim is that all they care about is verifying funds so that they don't get left holding the bag for unpaid product. Then why is the receiver of the shipment being identified?

I went back a read OPs first post. He feels he was treated badly and is upset.

The SS posts are typical of what we have seen over the years.

It would be nice to break out of this pattern. There have been suggestions about how to improve customer service. The learning curve appears flat. Not optimistic.
to be honest....
if i were a company us based, and had any reason to make sure i was getting paid, knowing how cc companies "handle"their busines, i'd do exactly the same thing...

they called, couldn't get through , so cancelled.

Seems i would have done exactly the same

OP is upset because of cancellation of order, and then goes on he could have bought his stuff anywhere....

well, as a company , i'd say go ahead and order my stuff somewhere else...
Still beats the risk of being out of 10 grand or so

just my 2 cents

I guess one option, whilst awaiting evidence, could be for a mod to put the thread into quarantine, pending evidence? :unsure: Puts more pressure on the mods though - but in this case the OP still hasn't responded.
I can't believe the complaints about my not responding. Obviously, I have responded with proof as you can now see. But these complaints about non-response came within hours of my having posted at 2:00 a.m. in the morning. Do you people accomplish anything in life other than watching this particular thread? I have better things to do frankly.

It sounds like he made contact with customer service and never got a reply do you have a Taylor Phillips working for you?
Taylor Phillips was very nice on the phone. He claims to be the head of customer service. However, he never got back to me as promised. Another example of failing customer service.

to be honest....
if i were a company us based, and had any reason to make sure i was getting paid, knowing how cc companies "handle"their busines, i'd do exactly the same thing...

they called, couldn't get through , so cancelled.

Seems i would have done exactly the same

OP is upset because of cancellation of order, and then goes on he could have bought his stuff anywhere....

well, as a company , i'd say go ahead and order my stuff somewhere else...
Still beats the risk of being out of 10 grand or so

just my 2 cents
If you could read, and understand what you read, you would know that they did not call without getting through. They sent an email. That's it, and email. Taylor Phillips the head of customer service admitted that and admitted that that was their problem, not mine.

If you could read, and understand what you read, you would know that they did not call without getting through. They sent an email. That's it, and email. Taylor Phillips the head of customer service admitted that and admitted that that was their problem, not mine.
so they are responsible for you not reading your emails ?

Sadly, we don’t have better things to do. That’s why this escalated so quickly. ?

And it sounds to me like OP spent quite a while on the phone with SS. Why all the talk about failure to respond to an email?

And I’d tell a company to go jump if they wanted a copy of my ID.

I MUCH rather talk to someone on the phone than emails anytime.

Phone call or text is the only way customer service should be communicated...

Talk about cultural difference. Over here, most people tend to prefer email. Keeps logging everything straight forward, and allows one to have any remedies/information right away in writing to review/clarify/... and next time you need to contact the context is right there even with different people responding. Automatically assign a case number (number in the subject line), assign follow-ups, etc.

I prefer email because
1) I stay on top of my email, even my work, so I never have stacks of unread emails. If you do, maybe you need to reorganize it?
2) "paper" trail - that's handy to go back and look at something because I tend to forget stuff sometimes (if there's a lot of details all the notes are right there for reference), or if someone (including myself) forgets something it is right there to say "no, you (or I) said X, right there."
3) I hate talking on the phone. If i have to pick up the phone I'm probably ticked off at that point lol (not always but you get the idea)

I do get the benefit of the phone because it can be faster than emails back and forth with the inherent delays and lag between them.

Are you still trying to make this purchase? If not, then I think it's over. Sure, you are still pissed off, but you are not out any money. Might be time to move on.

I believe we have identified OP. The mentioned SS employee was able to identify the customer by the comments in his post matching up with the experience he had with a customer recently. We also have very few cancelled orders and only one for in the price range mentioned.

@chadwick20021 We cannot be 100% sure without response, however, under the assumption that you are the customer we believe you are, the transaction was flagged as potentially fraudulent and cancelled due to no response. In these cases where we don't receive any response to emails or calls, it becomes challenging for us to proceed with processing the order. Just to give you some context, we make several attempts to reach out, as you've likely experienced.
At a certain point, we have to consider the possibility of the transaction being associated with a stolen credit card, which is why we exercise caution. I want to assure you that we don't take this lightly, and it's not our intention to create any inconvenience. We understand that sometimes, legitimate orders can slip through the cracks, and we're actively looking into ways to enhance our filters to prevent that.
If there's any chance you can get in touch with us or provide additional information, we'd be more than
happy to assist further. We're committed to resolving this and appreciate your patience as we investigate the matter thoroughly. Rest assured, we will make every effort to get you back in line where you were before this incident.
You sent one email. No other contact from signature Solar was attempted. Taylor Phillips admitted this to me on the phone, and that it was a fault in your system. That is not been my biggest complaint as you know. My biggest complaint is that no one has followed up with their promised phone calls to me to get this problem resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back