diy solar

diy solar

UPDATE on "Run from Signature Solar!!!" NO EVIDENCE - LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadwick20021

I'm glad Will locked the original discussion. It got way out of hand.

Just an update here. SS never reached out to me and still hasn't following their false offer re: phone recordings. They wanted to cherry pick bits and pieces that would make them look favorable. They were not willing to release ALL recordings as I stipulated because they know they have horrible customer service. They admitted it in the calls.

Has I known they were selling a proprietary product, I would have avoided it anyway. So, it worked out for the best in the long run. I also did not do proper research on the product brand or SS's reviews before attempting the purchase. The reviews for both are NOT good. I'm one of the fortunate ones. Their poor customer service saved me from myself.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that neither SS employee that chimed in on the other discussion were acting in good faith. Their offers were not genuine. They, nor anyone else at SS, cannot be trusted, period. SS seems to have a top-down culture of deception. That is MY experience.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

No one need respond to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad Will locked the original discussion. It got way out of hand.

Just an update here. SS never reached out to me and still hasn't following their false offer re: phone recordings. They wanted to cherry pick bits and pieces that would make them look favorable. They were not willing to release ALL recordings as I stipulated because they know they have horrible customer service. They admitted it in the calls.

Has I known they were selling a proprietary product, I would have avoided it anyway. So, it worked out for the best in the long run. I also did not do proper research on the product brand or SS's reviews before attempting the purchase. The reviews for both are NOT good. I'm one of the fortunate ones. Their poor customer service saved me from myself.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that neither SS employee that chimed in on the other discussion were acting in good faith. Their offers were not genuine. They, nor anyone else at SS, cannot be trusted, period. SS seems to have a top-down culture of deception. That is MY experience.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Thanks for following up.

I'm confused, they reached out to you to share they wouldn't release all the recordings or they didn't reach out at all?
Please clarify.

What equipment did you end up purchasing?

No one need respond to this.
Lol

I enjoyed the thread. It showed that despite hiring a PR person to represent them on this forum, Signature Solar management is still willing to chime in with personal attacks on their customers.

First rule of holes is that when you are in one, quit digging.
several of these new companies have that problem.... signature, sol ark etc.

As I said in the prior thread, SS was only in the thread for PR damage control.
It was very obvious as they liked a post suggesting deleting that thread all together only perpetuated the obvious issues they have.
Keep in mind, SS acknowledged the order of over 10K.
My assumption is since they do more drop-ship than anything, they may not even had the product to fill that order at that time to deliver.
What good will come out of recorded calls anyhow? They acknowledged order was legitimate they acknowledged they sent an email to verify payment.
My understanding is the vast majority of recorded contentious calls came after they cancel the order.

Meanwhile they will continue to flood Facebook marketplace with their advertisements picking off the unsuspecting low hanging fruit.

OP it was a blessing in disguise for you.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that the majority of this industry (particularly the DIY manufacturers/sellers) are Not Ready for Prime Time. My systems is working but no thanks the the seller (more help here on the forum than anywhere) and it requires way too much oversight/babysitting/management for my likes.

So.... you expected them to call you up and try again at placing the order? Really?

Neither party to that dumpster fire of a failed transaction came out looking credible here. I can't imagine this thread will change anything. Plus, I haven't had time to restock my popcorn supply, and the nearest grocery store is a good distance away.

Never heard
Thanks for following up.

I'm confused, they reached out to you to share they wouldn't release all the recordings or they didn't reach out at all?
Please clarify.

What equipment did you end up purchasing?

Lol
Never heard from them... Despite their promises.

Going with Sol-Ark from Watts247.

So.... you expected them to call you up and try again at placing the order? Really?

Neither party to that dumpster fire of a failed transaction came out looking credible here. I can't imagine this thread will change anything. Plus, I haven't had time to restock my popcorn supply, and the nearest grocery store is a good distance away.
No. I did NOT want to do business with them once they proved that customer care/service is the least of their concerns. The point of the post was to warn the unsuspecting. They said they were willing to post one recording. I responded saying that they could post them all as long as I was able to make sure that my personal information was redacted. They were not interested in that proposal. Also, they could have come straight out and apologized and called me with an apology and I would have been willing to report that as well. However, as I said, they proved that they absolutely have no care regarding customer service.

Never heard

Never heard from them... Despite their promises.

Going with Sol-Ark from Watts247.

But you said...

They wanted to cherry pick bits and pieces that would make them look favorable. They were not willing to release ALL recordings as I stipulated because they know they have horrible customer service. They admitted it in the calls.

You're making a claim, unsubstantiated. Maybe that is their intention - I could see why you might think that - but no one has any real proof of that.

(again just a reminder, I have no skin in the game as I've never done business with SS, I have nothing I'm intending to buy from them at this point, and I do not know anyone there)

You would not give straight permission to Sig Solar to post your calls with them. You wanted them to waste their time collecting all your calls and maybe after all that work maybe you would say yes. Or you could invent another excuse to not let them tell their side of the story. If you were truly in the right you would simply tell them in writing "yes post all my communications on diysolarforum". This is why I think you have no credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back