diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Experience, Bad or Good

Personally i'd cancel, get a full refund and go elsewhere, but's that's just me
I agree with this. Businesses should have escrow accounts to deal with differences between accounts payable and receivable. Any company that takes your money prior to shipping the product from their facility to you is borrowing your money and should pay interest. I never order anything until I call them and make sure it is in stock. Thanks to this thread, I see that I handled my inverter and midpoint transformer purchase the right way. No preorder ever.

Ultimately, you are responsible for the service you get from companies these days if you decide to do business with a American company remotely. They are in Sulphur Springs, TX. I am in Durant, OK. If you think I'm going to order anything from them again after reading the customer reviews about their customer service, you'll find yourself mistaken. I do business in-person for a reason and, having heard what this company has become, I'll be very cautious when dealing with them. If I can't get electronics bench-tested before carrying them home, I won't buy them. As for solar panels, I can test them in the parking lot.

Ultimately, you are responsible for the service you get from companies these days if you decide to do business with a American company remotely. They are in Sulphur Springs, TX. I am in Durant, OK. If you think I'm going to order anything from them again after reading the customer reviews about their customer service, you'll find yourself mistaken. I do business in-person for a reason and, having heard what this company has become, I'll be very cautious when dealing with them. If I can't get electronics bench-tested before carrying them home, I won't buy them. As for solar panels, I can test them in the parking lot.
So where would you buy them? Dallas I guess is closest or is there someone closer? I live an hour south of Sulpher Springs.

So where would you buy them? Dallas I guess is closest or is there someone closer? I live an hour south of Sulphur Springs.
I wouldn't hesitate to shop at Signature Solar but buy in-person and don't buy anything electronic without them bench-testing it to your satisfaction. If they won't, try Arizona Wind and Solar. They, at least, are reputable even with online customers. Just call ahead to verify that they have what you need in stock and that they will ship stocked merchandise right away. If you know of other retailers that are positively reviewed and within striking distance, feel free to shop elsewhere. Retailers have to earn loyalty if they want it.

I wouldn't hesitate to shop at Signature Solar but buy in-person and don't buy anything electronic without them bench-testing it to your satisfaction. If they won't, try Arizona Wind and Solar. They, at least, are reputable even with online customers. Just call ahead to verify that they have what you need in stock and that they will ship stocked merchandise right away. If you know of other retailers that are positively reviewed and within striking distance, feel free to shop elsewhere. Retailers have to earn loyalty if they want it.
The problem with bench testing is it can be ok at the store but get it home and problems come up. I purchased 2 eg4 6500's and at first they seemed to run as advertised. Now I'm having one problem after another happen. Not carrying loads on individual inverters, both shutting down for unknown reason, switching to bypass before reaching set low voltage point, etc.
One of the trouble shooting ideas was to deep cycle the batteries for 14 days but it won't allow me to do it because it just keeps going back to bypass and stops charging or something else. Started to completely shut down both inverters when carrying a load in battery mode. And by load I mean just 2.6KW! Been doing that the last 3 days. Its something new each day and hard to keep track of. Working with tech but how can you sort out so many problems with a product that they admit has issues. Glad I registered them and the batteries.

😶 Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't even associate that with your question 😂 The bundle doesn't have an end date yet as far as I know.
Thanks
😶 Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't even associate that with your question 😂 The bundle doesn't have an end date yet as far as I know.
Got a question for you. When I was looking at the page on SS website that was advertising this bundle package, I scrolled down and it was showing the EG4 6500 for sale. I thought this product was discontinued. Out of curiosity I clicked on it to add to my and it added it to my cart instead of saying no longer available. Is this item still being sold?
I ask you this because I am having a lot of problems with my 2 6500 inverters, and with you telling me that there are a lot of issues with this product I do not think they should be selling it anymore, unless they have figured out why there are so many problems and corrected it.

Thanks

Got a question for you. When I was looking at the page on SS website that was advertising this bundle package, I scrolled down and it was showing the EG4 6500 for sale. I thought this product was discontinued. Out of curiosity I clicked on it to add to my and it added it to my cart instead of saying no longer available. Is this item still being sold?
I ask you this because I am having a lot of problems with my 2 6500 inverters, and with you telling me that there are a lot of issues with this product I do not think they should be selling it anymore, unless they have figured out why there are so many problems and corrected it.
We still sell them for those customers who want to expand their existing systems. There are still systems in commission without issues and many customers live by these units.

We still sell them for those customers who want to expand their existing systems. There are still systems in commission without issues and many customers live by these units.
Sorry but I'm one of the unlucky ones. Wonder how many customers do not live by these units. Not to be negative here but when you spend over $20,000 and nothing but problems! Not saying Tech won't figure it out, but even if a solution is reached I definitely do not trust this one. If there weren't so many complaints, I would just say I got a bad one but that is not the case here as I see it. I could be wrong.:)

Sorry but I'm one of the unlucky ones. Wonder how many customers do not live by these units. Not to be negative here but when you spend over $20,000 and nothing but problems! Not saying Tech won't figure it out, but even if a solution is reached I definitely do not trust this one. If there weren't so many complaints, I would just say I got a bad one but that is not the case here as I see it. I could be wrong.:)
I completely understand. This is why we have the upgrade program in place :) We will find you a solution I assure you :)

I completely understand. This is why we have the upgrade program in place :) We will find you a solution I assure you :)
Upgrade program is not an option if the product is defective. That would cost me well over #1000.00 plus shipping. If we cannot get this resolved I will be looking for a refund. I am hoping this is just a communication problem with the batteries.

Yeah, the Chinese way is so much better. Stick a bunch of customers with defective product and then close that label once you’ve collected enough money, rebrand the product and do it all over again. People can’t chase you down if you are no longer in business!

But when an American company tries to give their customers options to try and resolve the issues, they are the enemies and everything they do is because they are evil and just want to pry your cash.

Really, you guys think you are going to bench test an inverter before buying it? Who allows that? Test your solar panels in the parking lot??? Give me a break.

Back