diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Review -30k spent in last year - honest review

Let's pretend that exactly 100 people are active on a forum.. any forum. Let's say ALL 100 people call XYZ company for support.

Now, let's pretend that exactly 50 people got anything from decent to excellent levels of support from that company. How many of them are posting about that experience in the forum?

Now, exactly 50 people had mediocre to terrible support. How many of them post about their experience?

As i said in the other post (still not sure why you dragged me over here to a completely unrelated post) but people don't generally post about things that went as they would expect. But they do post when it's bad.

You can certainly get first hand anecdotal stories and information on a forum, such as what is being shared in this thread.. but if you think you are getting a full and realistic picture you're simply delusional. The people who were pleased with their experience moved on to the next thing in their life, and you never heard about it on the forum. It's really a simple as that

Honestly i think you just tagged me to argue, and I'm tired of making this point. If you believe you are able to get a complete and accurate picture of the level of support ob a forum cool bro. Go ahead and believe it. I've got no dog in the fight. I'm done responding to people who are clearly looking to argue.
Complete and accurate?
No probably not but it sure is a pointer in that direction.

50% bad service whether announced or not is still 50% bad service.

What company / Companies spend 90% of the time in this forums threads with problems?

Technical, Procedural, sales related, RMA, Etc?

Where there is smoke there is fire.

And yet SS business continues to grow. Why is that?
Because the rest of the industry with UL listed AIO equipment is horribly overpriced? I doubt it's because of his charming personality. A company can grow and sell products regardless of how it conducts itself until something better comes along. Right now, the price is right.

The guy is certainly a good salesperson and invested his money (where ever it came from) into the business well. His company is serving an underserved niche. It's good that he identified it and is marketing to it. I only wish he wasn't so abrasive and pushing that attitude down his chain of command.

Oh that one is easy. EG4 equipment being part of them :)
The fact remains that the consumer is looking for the cheapest price. There's plenty of marketing studies that show the % of people that buy good better best. Always been that way probably Always will. The majority of the market wants the cheapest option.

Hi all, I trust this message finds each of you in good health.
I wanted to provide a collective update on our customers' orders for the EG4 Power Pro units. These units are in high demand and our customers continue to aggressively place orders. Please be assured that we are working diligently to get these items to our customers as soon as possible. Despite some shipping delays to our facility being beyond our control, we are dedicated to resolving this matter swiftly. Our customers’ satisfaction is our top priority. If you have ordered the Power Pro, please feel free to reach out to me directly at engagement@signaturesolar.com. I’m more than happy to keep you informed with updates.

Thank you all for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work diligently to resolve this situation.

Best regards

No, Sir, I'm not a chatbot :) My Name is Jessica with Signature Solar. You'll be seeing me around here, giving support to our customers and making sure you guys are heard.
It seems real, maybe it will help... we will watch it...

Sorry just kidding :) Welcome !

Hi Jessica. Welcome.

Would you tell us a bit about your solar and electrical experience?

Thanks
Of course! I started off as a tech support associate for Signature Solar. I soaked up all the knowledge I could, taking all the classes and getting as much training as possible before applying for my NABCEP certification. Which I'm just about a month away from getting! I'm still learning a lot but I have an entire team behind me and I'm sure I/we will never stop learning here :)

Install a complete off-grid or grid-tie system using equipment from Signature Solar. You can put it indoors and lay panels on the ground outside to skip the mounting and conduit steps, not relevant to learning the support issues.

Then bring it up and put it through the paces of all supported operating modes.

No cheating by asking people at work for help. You may, however, call anonymously and get help that way.

"Eat your own dog food." That is how you learn the equipment and the support.

Last edited:
As with many other tech companies, the forum seems to become the primary source of information and tech support for many members. I can find answers to most of my questions here when, as others have noted, it is nearly impossible, most of the time, to contact Signature Solar support by email or phone.

Of course! I started off as a tech support associate for Signature Solar. I soaked up all the knowledge I could, taking all the classes and getting as much training as possible before applying for my NABCEP certification. Which I'm just about a month away from getting! I'm still learning a lot but I have an entire team behind me and I'm sure I/we will never stop learning here :)
Jessica, i messaged Ben earlier today. I placed an order last saturday and I'm really wishing you well in getting all our orders out quickly...including order #99858
Thanks!

Jessica, i messaged Ben earlier today. I placed an order last saturday and I'm really wishing you well in getting all our orders out quickly...including order #99858
Thanks!
Thank you, sir! It has certainly been busy around here. I've just replied to your message on another post actually, but here is my email again. engagement@signaturesolar.com If you'd like to reach out to me, I will look up your order and get you an update :)

Back