diy solar

diy solar

Run from Signature Solar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadwick20021

I certainly wish I had read reviews before I wasted days placing an order with Signature Solar. My problems with this company mirror everyone else's. The problems everyone is having with this company are very consistent. It all boils down to horrible customer service and customer care. After my $12,000 paid-for-order was cancelled without even a phone call, I spent hours talking to various managers and personnel. NO ONE followed through with what they told me. Upper management would not even take my calls. Now, I can't get anyone to even answer the phone.

I offered to drive there personally, pay in cash and pick up my order. The customer service manager I spoke with Taylor Phillips said he would call me back the next business day. It's been 3 weeks and no call.

My advice is to avoid this company at ALL costs. Spend your money with a company that truly cares about its customers and wants to earn your business. Signature Solar is NOT that company!

Highly recommend current connected they are on top of it in my opinion my orders from them have come in earlier than expected and I’ve had no issues with phone service very professional

another good smaller company is watts 24/7 I had a issue with a combiner box and he shipped out a replacement that day and a return label for the old one and any time I’ve made contact with him I’ve had a answer by the end of the day it may be a text he’s really busy but he won’t forget about you guaranteed

Highly recommend current connected they are on top of it in my opinion my orders from them have come in earlier than expected and I’ve had no issues with phone service very professional

another good smaller company is watts 24/7 I had a issue with a combiner box and he shipped out a replacement that day and a return label for the old one and any time I’ve made contact with him I’ve had a answer by the end of the day it may be a text he’s really busy but he won’t forget about you guaranteed
Similar good experiences with CC, Watts247, and SanTan solar. Also similar negative from SS. Good luck from a fellow solar addict...

Her response will be more "corporate speak" as I Like to call it. Apologies followed by the same old tired excuses. I've had mostly good experiences with SS but it's really very sad that after almost two years of participating in this forum I still log in every day and am almost guaranteed to see a derogatory Signature Solar post.

it's really very sad that after almost two years of participating in this forum I still log in every day and am almost guaranteed to see a derogatory Signature Solar post.

I feel sad too but I am also concerned there may be a 'slippery slope' developing here... I am not based in the USA and so unlikely to ever use SS, CC or any of the other major US-based solar suppliers. My comments are just from an outsider's viewpoint reading these posts which, as @shopman said, seem to be occurring too frequently.

IMHO, it appears there has been an issue with SS in getting things delivered on time and not responding to customer through the usual channels. But, thanks to @SignatureSolarJess's responses, those who post their problems on here get their issues raised and seemingly dealt with very quickly; often sorted out with the delayed item(s) getting shipped out the same day.

But unless that is happening to everyone's order then it wouldn't surprise me if word gets around to say "if you have an problem with SS then just post something on the DIYSolarForum and you'll be sorted out the same day".

Whilst I have no reason to believe @chadwick20021's post is not genuine, it was his first post here. Clearly he is not a regular DIYer on here who just happened to have an issue with an order, but someone who has posted just to complain about SS. Being a first post makes the cynic in me wonder whether the aim of the post was to 'get something to happen', rather than just a general warning to others.

Either way, I feel there is a danger of the DIYSolarForum being abused as being a customer support channel for SS. Just my 2p. I'm sure everyone's mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I certainly wish I had read reviews before I wasted days placing an order with Signature Solar. My problems with this company mirror everyone else's. The problems everyone is having with this company are very consistent. It all boils down to horrible customer service and customer care. After my $12,000 paid-for-order was cancelled without even a phone call, I spent hours talking to various managers and personnel. NO ONE followed through with what they told me. Upper management would not even take my calls. Now, I can't get anyone to even answer the phone.

I offered to drive there personally, pay in cash and pick up my order. The customer service manager I spoke with Taylor Phillips said he would call me back the next business day. It's been 3 weeks and no call.

My advice is to avoid this company at ALL costs. Spend your money with a company that truly cares about its customers and wants to earn your business. Signature Solar is NOT that company!
WHY did they cancel your order? and do they still have your money?

When dealing with ANYONE it is best to apply the RULE OF 3 !
3 strikes, you're out. 3rd time is not a charm etc... we all use Rule of 3 subconsciously but applying it consciously in life WILL reduce stress and help you stay happy.
3 attempts / chances and never another.
1 Lie = Instant 3 and disqualified.

I offered to drive there personally, pay in cash
You say this like that's helpful. I really doubt SS or any online solar dealer wants to be paid in cash.

I'm guessing we're missing some back story here about either an odd shipping or payment request. Otherwise you just fill your cart and pay with a card they don't go around canceling orders for no reason.

Last edited:
When dealing with ANYONE it is best to apply the RULE OF 3 !
3 strikes, you're out. 3rd time is not a charm etc... we all use Rule of 3 subconsciously but applying it consciously in life WILL reduce stress and help you stay happy.
3 attempts / chances and never another.
1 Lie = Instant 3 and disqualified.

Agreed ?

I offered to drive there personally, pay in cash and pick up my order.

As others have asked, what is the backstory on how the order was placed? If it was a $12K order, how were you trying to pay in the first place? You said it was "paid for", so why the offer to pay in cash? Something is not adding up yet without more details.

You say this like that's helpful. I really doubt SS or any online solar dealer wants to be paid in cash.

I'm guessing we're missing some back story here about either an odd shipping or payment request. Otherwise you just fill your cart and pay with a card they don't go around canceling orders for no reason.
SS does take cash because that is how I paid for my stuff.

Good morning Chadwick20021,

If you would like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com with your name and email address, I can get you taken care of. We sincerely apologize and assure you this is not the service we aim to provide! I would like to look into what happened and ensure an investigation into the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back