diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Review

We do. As tax incentives are constantly changing, we attempt to keep up and plug state exceptions into our system. I believe AZ will come up as exempt and tax will not be applied to orders that originate there.
Just to follow up on this, you guys had a refurbished inverter at the time I initially asked this question.
So I put the item in my cart, and the tax was still displayed.
I emailed sales support and mentioned that you said they should have a way to correct it.
I sent this email on 09/02
I received a response from Emily in the timely fashion of 09/12 stating I would need to create an account and then email them a tax exemption form.

Needless to say, 10 days later the inverter was gone from available inventory and I did not secure purchase as I was unwilling to overspend by a few hundred dollars because of a programming error and zero faith that I would receive a credit had I purchased anyways

In the meantime, northern Arizona wind and sun had 3 “scratch and dent” Victron inverters for a solid price. I put those in my cart and boom. Faced with a tax fee
So I emailed them, and within 4 hours I had a response. Not only that, they FIXED their website error and removed the auto tax for people that it did not apply to

Just to follow up on this, you guys had a refurbished inverter at the time I initially asked this question.
So I put the item in my cart, and the tax was still displayed.
I emailed sales support and mentioned that you said they should have a way to correct it.
I sent this email on 09/02
I received a response from Emily in the timely fashion of 09/12 stating I would need to create an account and then email them a tax exemption form.

Needless to say, 10 days later the inverter was gone from available inventory and I did not secure purchase as I was unwilling to overspend by a few hundred dollars because of a programming error and zero faith that I would receive a credit had I purchased anyways

In the meantime, northern Arizona wind and sun had 3 “scratch and dent” Victron inverters for a solid price. I put those in my cart and boom. Faced with a tax fee
So I emailed them, and within 4 hours I had a response. Not only that, they FIXED their website error and removed the auto tax for people that it did not apply to
Haaaa..your right…
I have bought stuff from NAZ in the past… they are a competitive rascals for sure…be ready to do somthing if ya call them…you will never hear ….“we will get back to later this week/ month…

its more like :

“What can I do to put you in the system of your dreams Today..? “
” you wanna play , we’re here to help ya, let’s roll”
“Do you want that in blue or grey?”
“Are you paying cash or want our elite customer financing plan? “
” This will ship out today for you enjoyment sooner…let’s verify the correct address”..
” here is our hotline tollfree #….hell, here is my cell # if ya wanna buy somthing at night” “

YOU: (uhhh I haven’t even ordered yet…!)

” you will ,…….let’s get the fluff out of the way first… now , what do you want to buy..?”

“ How many”?

“DONE…”

“I see it being loaded as we speak …”

“Thank you for shopping with us… your next order gets a Huge Discount , call us soon or we will call you”

End of transmission……..!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i was taught early in life, “ the older the deal ,the colder the deal”.. strike while the iron is hot…!

Todays players must have not learned that old school thinking ,in the last 20 years…

btw, I got a lot of good gear at NAZ Over the years. Compliments to them for steering me toward good stuff.
looking back they were better than I realized…..I just didn’t know enough to know....J.

What’s actually kinda sad is sungoldpower sent me a response same day too and people love to drag them.
It’s not a high bar folks

Reactions: JRH
I wish I had something good to say about Signature Solar, but I have never had to work so hard at purchasing a product in my life. I don't know if they are so busy that they don't really need the business, or if they are just bad.

I called in to ask questions about getting a system designed. When you call in it tells you that you need to fill out a form on the website. I fill out the form. There is a fair amount of detail, of which the design used none. I already knew which major components I wanted, but it was the odds and ends that I wasn't sure about. After 3 days I received a design. It wasn't based on the information I filled out (waste of my time) and it didn't have all the components that I requested. Each time I responded to the emails of the design, it would take 1-2 days to get something back.

The design, which was nothing more than a quote was finally finished and I still have a question. I decided to call sales and ask them. After waiting on hold for over 30 minutes. I hung up. I tried the next day and I was finally able to get someone to answer the phone. I asked sales about shipping the order and about a tool on the quote. They can't understand why the tool is on the quote as it isn't needed and doesn't come with any connectors to use it anyway. They offer to take it off. Great, but why was it on there and how was this quote made, and what else might not have been thoroughly reviewed?

I was told that I would be sent a quote for shipping and a review for additional discounting. Now in the next week, still no email. I call sales again and wait for someone to answer. Just about when I'm ready to hang up, someone answers. I have to explain the situation again and they say oh, here is your shipping quote I'll send that right to you. Surprise, surprise, someone dropped the ball again and didn't follow through. I receive a quote for shipping but I also asked about sales tax in Ohio and Indiana. I am trying to avoid paying tax on a large system order. Both Ohio and Indiana have an exemption for solar sales tax. I was told by Signature Solar that tax will still be charged because it's an online order. That is #FakeNews. They're system is setup to charge tax. I suspect that's because some items would be taxable, but others not, and it's work to sort it out so, better to screw the customer than put effort into it!

I am still waiting to find out about the sales tax and discount. We'll see what happens with that. I am worried about investing in Signature Solar supported equipment. I live in an extremely remote area. If I can't even get the company to respond to sales inquiries, how are they going to be after the sale? I hope this is a bizarre anomaly and they're great. I wish someone from the company would actually call me, and say, let's make this right and ensure you get what you need and build confidence that they will support the product after the sale.
This first paragraph is exactly my feeling.

Back