diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Review -30k spent in last year - honest review

Hi all, I trust this message finds each of you in good health.
I wanted to provide a collective update on our customers' orders for the EG4 Power Pro units. These units are in high demand and our customers continue to aggressively place orders. Please be assured that we are working diligently to get these items to our customers as soon as possible. Despite some shipping delays to our facility being beyond our control, we are dedicated to resolving this matter swiftly. Our customers’ satisfaction is our top priority. If you have ordered the Power Pro, please feel free to reach out to me directly at engagement@signaturesolar.com. I’m more than happy to keep you informed with updates.

Thank you all for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work diligently to resolve this situation.

Best regards

Holy crap, tier 2 support is finally live

And yet SS business continues to grow. Why is that?
They spend a fortune on advertising ? EG4, they had it it sounded good. Bought because it was cheaper, less expensive. Got what I paid for? Following up from another post on SS, Some one suggested calling and communicate with a real person. SO, I tried calling Customer care. no luck. Tried tech support. No luck, nor have they called back. Was disconnected couple times tho, does that count ? Finally called and tried sales. You betcha, they answered... So I can see where the core costs are definitely down... ( a quote from SS) Anyhow, No sympathy, empathy or such. Just the spiel on the new sales promo and how happy they woud be to sell me something.... Ugh, I was trying to buy something and could not get the free shipping to work.... Now I question ever buying from them ever...Perhaps, they have grown too big, too fast and are unable to provide the quality they once did ??? Or is it like others suggest. Sell it, fix it later if we have to ?? (the public shaming ??) Who knows ? but someone said where there's smoke There's fire. Lots of smoke here past, present and future I suspect... Dont know Robby but I would tend to believe him, as my experience is less than favorable. I was sadly disappointed to read a SS staffer opinion of the average customer and how little skill / knowledge they possess and seemed like a rant / weak excuse for their lack of customer service and or documentation with the products. I have puchased elsewhere with very positive results and issues like updating firmware are non existent....Next ? keep banging head into wall or just enjoy my paperweight ??? Not really looking forward to having my character questioned for sharing my poor experience with them...

Last edited:
Install a complete off-grid or grid-tie system using equipment from Signature Solar. You can put it indoors and lay panels on the ground outside to skip the mounting and conduit steps, not relevant to learning the support issues.

Then bring it up and put it through the paces of all supported operating modes.

No cheating by asking people at work for help. You may, however, call anonymously and get help that way.

"Eat your own dog food." That is how you learn the equipment and the support.
I think we need to temper our expectations. Looks like Jess is the designated social media person now. Basically a point of contact to the larger support system. I don't think she needs to be able to explain what setting 32 on an 18kPv controls to do her job. From what I've seen she's been doing just fine since she showed up. I think it's great we have one person to deal with versus two or three other sigsolar people and no coordination amongst them.

They spend a fortune on advertising ? EG4, they had it it sounded good. Bought because it was cheaper, less expensive. Got what I paid for? Following up from another post on SS, Some one suggested calling and communicate with a real person. SO, I tried calling Customer care. no luck. Tried tech support. No luck, nor have they called back. Was disconnected couple times tho, does that count ? Finally called and tried sales. You betcha, they answered... So I can see where the core costs are definitely down... ( a quote from SS) Anyhow, No sympathy, empathy or such. Just the spiel on the new sales promo and how happy they woud be to sell me something.... Ugh, I was trying to buy something and could not get the free shipping to work.... Now I question ever buying from them ever...Perhaps, they have grown too big, too fast and are unable to provide the quality they once did ??? Or is it like others suggest. Sell it, fix it later if we have to ?? (the public shaming ??) Who knows ? but someone said where there's smoke There's fire. Lots of smoke here past, present and future I suspect... Dont know Robby but I would tend to believe him, as my experience is less than favorable. I was sadly disappointed to read a SS staffer opinion of the average customer and how little skill / knowledge they possess and seemed like a rant / weak excuse for their lack of customer service and or documentation with the products. I have puchased elsewhere with very positive results and issues like updating firmware are non existent....Next ? keep banging head into wall or just enjoy my paperweight ??? Not really looking forward to having my character questioned for sharing my poor experience with them...
Good Morning @exmarkretired, I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. There is no excuse, we just have a task for the day to find out what happened and correct it! Our team is truly committed to providing better service, and we'd like to address your concerns and assist with any other questions you have. If you'd like, you can email me at engagement@signaturesolar.com and I can get you connected with the support you need. We appreciate your feedback, it's an opportunity for us to learn and improve.

There is another thread on this very forum where @SignatureSolarJames and @n2aws and @Quattrohead are telling @robby that he is on a one man crusade to smear Signature Solars good name.

You do what I did when I was put in jail for telling James he was full of ####.

Start a Youtube channel and show the world your experience with SS. :ROFLMAO:

I highly doubt they will send me free products to review, I can be harsh. I wouldn't accept it anyway, I like to be free and enjoy my liberty. I will say that the charge controller problem was fixed by SS after I posted here in the forums. But the tech support on that problem was worthless, it was only after Markus informed me of the firmware update that the solution was found.

Follow up to my review. Signature solar did split up the shipping of my panels / 18kpv inverter. I was able to receive those items on time to complete my work needed before the beginning of December.

The powerpro battery was shipped at a later date and received a couple of weeks ago.

The pallet of panels, 18kpv inverter and minisplit were packaged well and with no issues. I haven't had the time yet to start up the 18k inverter, minisplit or battery but I have faith they will be all right.

I made another purchase with SS for a solar car port. Hopefully will receive that by end of January. I need to take some pictures of all the projects and share them.

My thoughts overall, SS probably got overwhelmed with the free shipping promo. I few hiccups with my previous order but it all worked out in the end. I'm comfortable enough to order from them in the future. I think they provide a good value for DIY folks and glad we have the choice to be able to purchase from them.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year. Thanks for all the support on this forum.

Follow up to my review. Signature solar did split up the shipping of my panels / 18kpv inverter. I was able to receive those items on time to complete my work needed before the beginning of December.

The powerpro battery was shipped at a later date and received a couple of weeks ago.

The pallet of panels, 18kpv inverter and minisplit were packaged well and with no issues. I haven't had the time yet to start up the 18k inverter, minisplit or battery but I have faith they will be all right.

I made another purchase with SS for a solar car port. Hopefully will receive that by end of January. I need to take some pictures of all the projects and share them.

My thoughts overall, SS probably got overwhelmed with the free shipping promo. I few hiccups with my previous order but it all worked out in the end. I'm comfortable enough to order from them in the future. I think they provide a good value for DIY folks and glad we have the choice to be able to purchase from them.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year. Thanks for all the support on this forum.
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for the follow-up, we appreciate it so much ? Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. We are here now and in the future! Merry Christmas to you and yours too @rossmoesis! I hope you have the best holidays!

My experience is that SS ships pretty darn fast.....but if you try to return something, they are pretty darn slow.
Now at two weeks to try to return an inverter.

Last edited:
My experience is that SS ships pretty darn fast.....but if you try to return something, they are pretty darn slow.
Now at two weeks to try to return an inverter.
Hi Greg! There are certainly more procedures to follow on a return, but if you'd like to send me an email at engagement@signaturesolar.com with your order number, I can look into the status and see if there's anything holding it up!

Back