diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Support

jefft455

Service received from Signature Solar in the past has been great and the products have worked well too...

Now, waiting almost a week for and RMA on EG4 Chargeverter after a phone call when I magically got through on a Saturday morning the 12th and 5 emails ending today the 17th - In all those emails I requested a phone call along with my response. No phone call - ever.

Setup: received the product and It worked fine for a couple of days -very easy to install. Then the AC side just stopped working and that's when I asked for help.

Straw that broke the camels back is when tech demanded I take apart factory AC plug and take pictures - my response was a reminder the product worked fine for several days then stopped and that if he didn't call within one hour I would call my CC company and post here...

I'm not one to defend signature solar, I've never liked anything I've read about them and haven't purchased from them.

But, you've got a diy focused product for your diy system and you aren't willing to check the component and do some testing? It's normally a few phillips screws, you probably did more than that to mount the thing and attach the battery connections.

But that response time is pretty rough
5 emails on 5 days

I purchase a EG4 Chargeverter around February of 2023 did not have a chance to install it till August, then when I started it up it wasn't working no AC was reading on the unit. I called Signature Solar wait time was about 10 min Talk to Nick he inform me that there was some units with loose connection's and ask if I felt confident to open it up and check it out I inform him I did, he also told me to please make sure there wasn't and voltage present I also told him I wasn't sure if this would void warranty he assured it would not and gave me permission to open it up. After opening up and checking for and loose connection's and finding none I called back waited about 8 min this time I had Matt take my call explain what was going on he ask me if I tried a few different things I informed him I had done all of them he said was not very knowledgeable about the unit and was going to but me on hold and ask around he came back with a few more instructions to try it was late and the day and I was starting to get frustrated so I told him good buy would call back. Next day I ran more tests with no change made sure I had 240 volts right up to circuit board. Called back waited about 8 min Nick was on the line explain everything that had been done. He then they would replace it He sent me to RMA they ask for pictures, and then emailed me a shipping slip and I send it back RMA had not email me on if they received it, so after 10 days I send a follow up email which was answer the same day saying they received it and that they were going to be shipping out one shortly we will see when it gets here. Over all Signature Solar seem to be trying to do the right things.

Back