diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar warranty department issues

I have my ideas but won't want to speculate publicly.

Probably a development for the better in the long run.
I feel we likely have similar assumptions

Reactions: Zwy
I have a inverter charger send back SS said it would be replaced RMA have not inform me of nothing spend well over 400 dollars and have nothing to show for it. I am building a new 13 k AC coupled system was going to order a 12kw inverter and battery but now I seriously thinking of jumping ship and going with SMA Sonny Island with Sonny Boy string inverters and BYD Battery.

Last edited:
Guys, he's clearly talking about the 18Kpv which I too had in my cart for a bit and almost pulled the trigger...but decided to go with a different setup elsewhere.

Best to check your facts before posting incorrect information. According to the state of Texas, both companies are lead by one person. James Showalter.
Good to have this confirmed. I was pretty sure this was the case, and it's starting to look like I'll be looking elsewhere.

What a strange way to talk to me. I was at re+ and EG4 has a different CEO (happened recently) and has its own building now. Do you think I would make something up? ? James is not in the same role he was previously. You can drive down there and find out for yourself.
I guess you didn't see the pictures I posted showing that James owns both companies and I don't have a problem with that. I do, however, have a problem with him coming into this forum and baiting people into buying the next latest and greatest EG4 inverter, battery, charger etc. as they're getting ready to release them to the public. Those aren't the actions of a man that's separated himself from his spin-off company but they are the actions of a salesman and representative from said company. I don't care what people have told you. It's the public filings that tell the true story.

On a completely different but similar topic...

I have been wanting to get a new Tesla for a couple of years now. But if you Google for "tesla horror stories" you'll find examples of how many people have problems dealing with Tesla's warranty repairs. Any repairs or work that Tesla has to do under warranty is often dragged out for months. Tesla vehicles are certainly impressive. That's what drew me to them in the first place. When it works, it's awesome! But if you're the unlucky one and you need something repaired, it sucks. And it really sucks if your Tesla needs to be in the shop for 3 months. Tesla makes Tesla cars. Tesla repairs Tesla cars. It shouldn't take 3 months for them to repair anything on a Tesla vehicle. Parts on order can't be an excuse. Just go grab it from the factory. If they can put that part in a brand new car, they can send that part to a repair center. Isn't that just common sense? Other car companies are starting to catch up to Tesla. They need to change their ways if they want to continue to be on top.

EG4 equipment certainly are impressive. They are doing innovative things that nobody else is doing yet. But for many of us, DIY solar means we are off-grid. And it'll really suck if an inverter needs repair and you can't get a replacement within a couple of weeks. We've seen some examples on this forum that Signature Solar's RMA process takes a long time. It really shouldn't because Signature Solar and EG4 work so closely together. Other DIY solar companies are starting to catch up. Has anyone noticed how many server rack batteries there are now compared to just one year ago?

Impressive products need an equally impressive customer service and repair service.

I guess you didn't see the pictures I posted showing that James owns both companies and I don't have a problem with that. I do, however, have a problem with him coming into this forum and baiting people into buying the next latest and greatest EG4 inverter, battery, charger etc. as they're getting ready to release them to the public. Those aren't the actions of a man that's separated himself from his spin-off company but they are the actions of a salesman and representative from said company. I don't care what people have told you. It's the public filings that tell the true story.
I am a distributor... other distributors get early access to this info as well...

EG4 exists because I think manufacturers wont listen to and learn from the off grid and hybrid new market as well without it. focusing on growing Signature Solar currently, getting the systems in place to scale and improve while doing it.

After building these companies from no investors or background wealth myself I think I still qualify for contributory exercise of first amendment rights here :). I get called stupid a lot here and at least half the time they probably are right in some way. You guys here are honestly some of the best critical resources I could have ever asked for

Back