diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar warranty department issues

noel62h

@BenFromSignatureSolar Honestly too exhausted to go through this all again been on the phone since last week. so I just copied and posted my review kind of a long shot advice I got on another forum. Was told to come here and tag @BenFromSignatureSolar and he could help me out.
My review.
Been doing buisness with signature solar for awhile and never had a problem when it comes to purchasing new equipment. Had some of my customers purchase equipment through them as well.
However, I pray nobody ever has to deal with a defective unit and deal with their warranty department (RMA) did all the required troubleshooting took all the pictures sent it off immediately after being sent a shipping label and they did agree that it was a defective unit and a new one would be sent out. Every day either no reply from the RMA department or get someone on the phone and I'm told "it looks like you are on the list to have an order made and then we will send you shipping information" called 5 different times and multiple emails and that's the same answer every time. Ended up purchasing a new unit because we couldn't wait anymore and they sent it right away. And I have received it. They will absolutely take your money and send you new products but absolutely will not stand behind them and resolve any issues. If you have already purchased from signature solar just hope you do not have any issues with it. Just hoping they will get my replacement unit sent to me soon. They just keep claiming there is only one person working in the RMA department and she is swamped which tells me their priorities for warranty don't even get the staffing it needs. Used to love signature solar told my customers and everyone looking to do installs to go to them for everything but I said that before I had to warranty something.

I just made a order from signature solar for pallet of panels, powerpro ess w/ the 18kpv & eg4 minisplit. I hope all goes well and would like to compare to the sol-ark 15k that I currently have.

I'm crossing my fingers

Other companies are going to be selling EG4 products soon. So you won't need to go through signature solar any longer. Just a heads up. They are two separate companies now with different leadership.
Have they always been two separate companies or is that a recent change? I was never quite sure what the relationship was there (seemed like they were the same) and never really asked - but I also noticed EG4 items started popping up on other stores now.

I just made a order from signature solar for pallet of panels, powerpro ess w/ the 18kpv & eg4 minisplit. I hope all goes well and would like to compare to the sol-ark 15k that I currently have.

I'm crossing my fingers
I said the same thing 14 months ago. There is no comparison from my two 12K’s running my home to the two 6500ex that halfway run my shop. They are getting replaced with Schneider equipment soon. Good luck and hope it works out better for you. ???????????????????There’s a bunch more for you!?

Last edited:
I said the same thing 14 months ago. There is no comparison from my two 12K’s running my home to the two 6500ex that halfway run my shop. They are getting replaced with Schneider equipment soon. Good luck and hope it works out better for you. ???????????????????There’s a bunch more for you!?
thanks! Haha, I’ll need it. It’s just running a small shed that is off grid so the bar is low.

The sol-ark 15k connected to the grid and running my house has been amazing. I couldn’t justify sol-ark for the 200sqft shed, but maybe I’ll regret it. The eg418k, wall mount battery and wire way is a awesome idea. Saves a lot of space and one stop shop. I’m looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:

Sue in Court​

If all else fails, sue for damages. A warranty is a contract. When your warranty company refuses to honor the terms of a warranty, you may have a claim for breach of contract. The amount allowed in small claims varies from state to state, but for most products, you can sue in small claims court. If successful, you will likely be able to recover your out-of-pocket cost for repairs and court costs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE: the head of the customer service contacted me today. They are shipping out an "open box" unit (not used.but not new) They did pay for next day air to get it to me by tomorrow. At no cost to me. So he did step in and resolve the issue. And I have received shipping information from UPS.
I am grateful someone did step in to correct it and made the effort but it took a lot of effort on my part to get the attention of someone willing to help.
Warranty is the reason I buy anything and I'm a buisness owner myself and I'm held accountable for every job we do and when something goes wrong it becomes priority and one phone call and we have a service truck headed that way to make it right.
I hold these companies to the same standard I hold myself to and with signature solar I install a lot of their products so if a customers system goes down and it's signatures unit the customer is not upset with them they are upset with me.
Fortunately this time it was my personal system.<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sue in Court​

If all else fails, sue for damages. A warranty is a contract. When your warranty company refuses to honor the terms of a warranty, you may have a claim for breach of contract. The amount allowed in small claims varies from state to state, but for most products, you can sue in small claims court. If successful, you will likely be able to recover your out-of-pocket cost for repairs and court costs.
I’m wondering if current suits are what contribute to these never changing outcomes

Theme song for dealing with SS support. Lyrics are perfect.

The Hair is too big ... I just couldn't get past the Big Hair and Spandex (and I wear spandex ... just in a different context)

Reactions: Zwy
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE: the head of the customer service contacted me today. They are shipping out an "open box" unit (not used.but not new) They did pay for next day air to get it to me by tomorrow. At no cost to me. So he did step in and resolve the issue. And I have received shipping information from UPS.
I am grateful someone did step in to correct it and made the effort but it took a lot of effort on my part to get the attention of someone willing to help.
Warranty is the reason I buy anything and I'm a buisness owner myself and I'm held accountable for every job we do and when something goes wrong it becomes priority and one phone call and we have a service truck headed that way to make it right.
I hold these companies to the same standard I hold myself to and with signature solar I install a lot of their products so if a customers system goes down and it's signatures unit the customer is not upset with them they are upset with me.
Fortunately this time it was my personal system.<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Congratulations! You figured out the warranty process. Call in, start the claim, jump through hoops, jump through more hoops, get blamed for the failure, then at some point in the process, get frustrated and hop on this forum to complete your warranty paperwork.

Search the forum here, you aren't alone. You also found what is likely to be your quickest path to a resolution, posting here.

Sad that is what's required, but you'll likely get the attention now and get a resolution.
Quickest path to resolution seems to be giving them more money to get a replacement in a timely fashion or perhaps upgrading to the next greatest and latest ...

Back