diy solar

diy solar

Issues with Warranty of eg4-6500 48ex inverter through Signature Solar

Brianadams90

My ticket number is 43051 (the second ticket after the closed my first one)
I have been trying to get an issue with my inverter taken care of since october '23. I had to call sales and get transferred to another department to actually get through their phone system without it timing out or directly hanging up on me. Their techs Joe and Jessica did help when I was able to get through, but this has been too long and drawn out as I am still waiting on their tech 2 support tech to reply to me.

My issue is the same most people are having with light flicker. My voltage on my 2p1 inverter jumps from 108-129v (that ive seen) and we have verified this on video and photos. We've sent that info as requested to Signature Solar. This is my primary power to my residence and dealing with this issue is maddening. Since october my fridge board has died twice, so I have since moved my sensitive appliances to the 2p2 inverter with no issues.

Is there a way to speed up this warranty process? I honestly feel like they are just trying to get me to go away instead of helping me.

@SignatureSolarJames
@SignatureSolarJess

Last edited:
My ticket number is 43051 (the second ticket after the closed my first one)
I have been trying to get an issue with my inverter taken care of since october '23. I had to call sales and get transferred to another department to actually get through their phone system without it timing out or directly hanging up on me. Their techs Joe and Jessica did help when I was able to get through, but this has been too long and drawn out as I am still waiting on their tech 2 support tech to reply to me.

My issue is the same most people are having with light flicker. My voltage on my 2p1 inverter jumps from 108-129v (that ive seen) and we have verified this on video and photos. We've sent that info as requested to Signature Solar. This is my primary power to my residence and dealing with this issue is maddening. Since october my fridge board has died twice, so I have since moved my sensitive appliances to the 2p2 inverter with no issues.

Is there a way to speed up this warranty process? I honestly feel like they are just trying to get me to go away instead of helping me.

@SignatureSolarJames
@SignatureSolarJess
I am so sorry your experience has brought you here! I can get this escalated and taken care of right away. I assure you we do not want you to go away! Thank you for leaving your ticket number, someone will be reaching out shortly!

I gave up on them ages ago and just put up with the one issue I have. Would not do any kind of support or offer to take it back.

Do you have any monitoring like solar assistant that could provide logging we could review?

I gave up on them ages ago and just put up with the one issue I have. Would not do any kind of support or offer to take it back.
I did finally manage to get them to agree that the inverter needed replaced. It took many hours of troubleshooting, phone calls, and a consistent stream of emails. It is absolutely crazy that it takes this much effort when they are already aware these units came with under specced rectifiers.

Unfortunately, no. I was told that using a pi could damage the inverters so I've not been using one.
I have not heard of that, had it on mine for over a year with no issues. It would of been interesting to take a look at the behavior. One appliance I have can cause it to deviate by a couple of volts but nothing like what you have seen.

I have not heard of that, had it on mine for over a year with no issues. It would have been interesting to take a look at the behavior. One appliance I have can cause it to deviate by a couple of volts but nothing like what you have seen.
It was incorrect information from some support folks as Signature Solar.

Hi @nc73 I am sure there is a solution that we can provide. Have you heard about our upgrade program? If you'd like to send me a DM with your email address I can look into your options, however, if you'd like to see if you qualify for the upgrade program, you can do so here!

Hi @nc73 I am sure there is a solution that we can provide. Have you heard about our upgrade program? If you'd like to send me a DM with your email address I can look into your options, however, if you'd like to see if you qualify for the upgrade program, you can do so here!
Wow. All through my process getting my inverter through RMA did anyone mention this upgrade program. That would have saved me hours of headache if I could have just sent them back easy peasy...

Wow. All through my process getting my inverter through RMA did anyone mention this upgrade program. That would have saved me hours of headache if I could have just sent them back easy peasy...
Oh, I'm sorry! This is a brand new program that was released on 2/14. If you worked with us after this date, it may have been that you just benefitted more from going through RMA than taking advantage of the trade in program.

I did finally manage to get them to agree that the inverter needed replaced. It took many hours of troubleshooting, phone calls, and a consistent stream of emails. It is absolutely crazy that it takes this much effort when they are already aware these units came with under specced rectifiers.

The upgrade program will cost you an additional $750 to upgrade.

How much additional did the RMA process cost you to upgrade to a 6000xp?

Have they normally been upgrading people to the 6000xp??
Not one for one, no. You would have to return the units and pay for the upgrade. If you'd like to look into this option, we can get you reconnected with sales before your replacement is shipped out!

Not one for one, no. You would have to return the units and pay for the upgrade. If you'd like to look into this option, we can get you reconnected with sales before your replacement is shipped out!
Does the light flicker not qualify a unit to be replaced? I know your company is replacing the one with the voltage regulation problems, but it seemed the tech wasn't too concerned with the other unit also causing lights to strobe on occasion. Does signature just consider it normal?

I'm sorry, but after this support process I would not be likely to spend anymore through signature. Thank you though.

@SignatureSolarJess

After some reading on this forum I see that the 6500s have been warrantied for light flicker. If you would I would appreciate you having someone contact me to discuss the warranty of both inverters.

This is one of the threads I am referencing. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/p...icy-on-defective-equipment.76879/#post-987117
Yes, you can absolutely go through troubleshooting for the flickering lights! The call queue wait time is less than 5 minutes right now if you'd like to reach us right away. However, if you'd rather, I can add you to our callback list. Just be aware, that there can be a wait for callbacks. It's totally up to you but either way, we will get you taken care of. Just shoot me a DM with your email address if you'd like me to do that!

Back