diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar

I don't think you are being to rigid. You mentioned not being upset yet, rarely does anger help unless its channeled appropriately. You likely already know this... but always worth mentioning.

I wonder, we had a bout of sickness go around recently in my neck of the woods. A Covid-19 variant (half the fam tested positive for the first time ever in 3.5 years, other half didnt get it, so strange). Lots of people we know are getting it too.

Having worked as a, ill call it "palletier", in a shipping department, I could see how some people being out sick could really gum up operations. You know, you got that one pallet guy that either palletizes things or has to do a custom rig for some crazy order and he does it like really good... (maybe that wasn't me)... and when that person is out its like..... dang...

What is admirable is that they are present on this website, signature solar jess for example here in this thread. Very cool.
Thank you @johnnysolar - We appreciate the acknowledgment that we are all still human here at Signature Solar despite us working like superheroes most days! ;)

We are blaming a respiratory virus still in late 2023?
There is likely no functional utility in this question. To take "I wonder" and extrapolate "blame" is also of low benefit even for diagnostic purposes of trying to derive other potential meanings in whatever possible ways statements about sickness could have been meant in case the initial understood meaning was potentially incorrect. I do believe you have been hurt by what has happened over the past several years and all the shinanagans, we all have. Are we blaming a respiratory virus still in late 2023? No. Am I saying people get sick and are getting sick and that may be an element at play in their shipping shop that we are unaware of but could be possible? Yes.

Good morning shopman, If you would like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com with your name and order number, I can find out what is going on for you. If you could also mention the email address you are writing to and not getting a response from, I would like to find out what is happening there too!
Hi Jess and thanks for contacting me. They managed to ship out the chargerverter on Friday and its due to arrive today. Thanks for your help and welcome to the forums!

Hi Jess and thanks for contacting me. They managed to ship out the chargerverter on Friday and its due to arrive today. Thanks for your help and welcome to the forums!
Hey @shopman That's wonderful to hear, I'm so glad we got it taken care of. Of course, anytime! Thank you, glad to be here!

when i call the sales number it says out of service?? 903-441-2090. is there a new number or has the worst happened???
That is the correct number! We haven't had any other reports of this problem today but the worst has not happened, we are here and have calls coming in!

12 days so far and still no shipment. I gave us three weeks lead time from ordering to project start which I thought was worst case scenario. All of our other components have arrived but at this point it looks like our install won't happen in our preferred timeframe. That's disappointing.

12 days so far and still no shipment. I gave us three weeks lead time from ordering to project start which I thought was worst case scenario. All of our other components have arrived but at this point it looks like our install won't happen in our preferred timeframe. That's disappointing.
I understand the anxiety @flpilgrim. Orders will typically take 3-5 business days to process, however, we have had a massive surge in orders due to the popularity of the new ESS system and 6000XP, and to accommodate this, the processing time has been increased to 7-10 business days for the time being. I'm going to be reaching out to you again today to have another check on your order for you!

I understand the anxiety @flpilgrim. Orders will typically take 3-5 business days to process, however, we have had a massive surge in orders due to the popularity of the new ESS system and 6000XP, and to accommodate this, the processing time has been increased to 7-10 business days for the time being. I'm going to be reaching out to you again today to have another check on your order for you!

Was it not anticipated?

At my place of employment we have tools and metrics to forecast higher volume and compensate accordingly
If I am given a projected timeline or I give an employee a projected timeline, it is atypical for failure to meet that being remedied or “explained” by known circumstance. I don’t get to tell hospital patients that it will be 2 more weeks because they came up during the busy season.

Then there are the products sold and funds collected that have not yet even arrived off the boat. Which means it is known by the vendor that shipping will be delayed.
Similarly when running a “free shipping” promo. I fail to understand how “new products” “our own planned promotion” has “caused unforeseen delays that our paying customers must understand and absorb”

I realize you are not the one making these decisions and I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but I will also not be silent when the same continuous lazy excuse is utilized (and that’s not your fault)

Last edited:
Was it not anticipated?
Popularity was anticipated; however, the extraordinary demand for these units has exceeded even our most optimistic projections, reflecting the overwhelming enthusiasm from our customers. But please rest assured, that our team is actively working to meet the surge in orders and ensure a seamless experience for all our customers.

But please rest assured, that our team is actively working to meet the surge in orders and ensure a seamless experience for all our customers.
I have nothing to support that. To customers, perception is reality

I completely understand your concern. I believe that with time, you will notice positive changes in our service. Your feedback is so valuable, and we are committed to making improvements based on it. ☀️

Back