diy solar

diy solar

Terrible Signature Solar / EG4 18Kpv Experience - Returning and Replaced with Sol-Ark 15k

If you're going to buy Growatt, buy from Watts247. It's worth the little bit extra to get legit support from Ian.
I think this is key, and the primary issue with EG4. There are great distributors for the likes of Growatt and Victron, et al. They are familiar with those brands, have been selling them for quite a time, and can help you without going up the food chain. In particular for the newbie / run-of-the-mill stuff, and they have a better line to the manufacturer support because of their wallet. I think SS just has weak support down there in the great state of Texas, and they are the only game in town for the EG4 products. As the product pool improves and expands, and other folks start retailing the products it will get better.

Careful the blue worshipers have pitchforks and like bonfires :)
I've noticed. Victron products remind me of Bang & Olfsun. Very pretty, they don't really perform any better but at least it costs more. They don't seem to have any real big stuff either. They use a lot of aluminum, likely much better if you are on a boat or on anything exposed to the elements on occasion. Bought mine from Amazon, then could not get support at all. Plus the outfit is based in Europe not the US.

Show me a company that has an MPPT that wil support a 500V string with a price point close to the EG4? What I don't grok is why they don't allow more than one string in a box that large.

These Luxpower based units are entirely different from anything that has gone before and significantly better than previous offerings from Voltronics and Growatt.
However they are more complicated and you must read and understand the manual before deployment. Yes this sounds condescending but seriously at least half the inquiries here can be resolved by reading the manual and understanding basic electronics.
The EG4 group are on a mission to give much better service and support

I would beg to differ. I have a thread on this forum. My experience with Victron was abysmal.
It was said tongue in cheek ..haaa… but there is merit to your comment in that I had a Rolex Submariner many years ago..it gave me grief… always having a problem ..traded it for a Marshall 100 watt full stack…and I lived happily ever after…sure .it can happen with any product.. .!
the question is , is it commonplace…

These Luxpower based units are entirely different from anything that has gone before and significantly better than previous offerings from Voltronics and Growatt.
However they are more complicated and you must read and understand the manual before deployment. Yes this sounds condescending but seriously at least half the inquiries here can be resolved by reading the manual and understanding basic electronics.
The EG4 group are on a mission to give much better service and support
>>The EG4 group are on a mission to give much better service and support

Are you sure?? EG4 IS Signature Solar.
EG4 is just a sticker on a Luxpower product.
I'd rather buy Luxpower from Luxpower or another distributor NOT associated with Signature Solar.
Luxpower.... are you listening????

I'd rather buy Luxpower from Luxpower or another distributor NOT associated with Signature Solar.

@Luxpower_Gilbert

Luxpower, put them up on Amazon. I'll buy two of these new 6k ones as soon as they ready for my prime shipping.. :ROFLMAO:

Are you sure??
I think they are, that's why they are diversifying and selling their products through other retailers besides signature solar.
EG4 IS Signature Solar.
I believe that recently changed. @Markus_EG4
Current Connected is selling the Lux Power EG4s...

If you had a business (Signature Solar) that was struggling to support a product like EG4, and you could sell those products as distributor to another distributor, and let someone else support the product, wouldn't that make a lot of sense? Mark the equipment up 15% over cost and ship it. Now Signature Solar has to only support the distributor who sold the EG4 equipment, not every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants solar on their roof and has room on their charge card!

That's what Signature Solar is attempting to do. I wish that Luxpower would sell their inverters in the US direct but they probably don't want to deal with the support issues. Supporting retail customers on a technical product is very difficult. That doesn't excuse Signature Solar's poor performance, but it is very hard.

EG4 is not Signature Solar Sir

If you had a business (Signature Solar) that was struggling to support a product like EG4, and you could sell those products as distributor to another distributor, and let someone else support the product, wouldn't that make a lot of sense? Mark the equipment up 15% over cost and ship it. Now Signature Solar has to only support the distributor who sold the EG4 equipment, not every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants solar on their roof and has room on their charge card!

That's what Signature Solar is attempting to do. I wish that Luxpower would sell their inverters in the US direct but they probably don't want to deal with the support issues. Supporting retail customers on a technical product is very difficult. That doesn't excuse Signature Solar's poor performance, but it is very hard.
Contact EG4 for support if needed. You do not need to contact Signature Solar

I remember a quote by a Chinese businessman (don't remember the name), who said something to the effect of, "the west thinks they are outsourcing manufacturing. In actuality, we are the ones outsourcing, we outsource our marketing and support."

EG4 is not Signature Solar Sir
Never said they were the same thing. They are clearly two different legal entities.

But apparently the EG4 LLC has the same address as Signature Solar.... see below.

Should I look to see who is the president of each corporation? I bet they know each other really, really well!

You should know that all of the legalities of Signature Solar and EG4 are public record in the US.
Its unavoidable here. Its really difficult to hide that stuff. You can, but it gets really expensive.

So don't try and bullshit me Markus. And I'm only 50% German! ;)

Party: EG4 Electronics Limited Liability Company
Address1130 Como Street South Sulphur Springs, TEXAS UNITED STATES 75482
Legal Entity TypeLimited Liability Company
Legal Entity StateTEXAS

From SignaureSolar.com​

https://signaturesolar.com/
Solar energy company in Sulphur Springs, Texas
Address: 1130 Como St S, Sulphur Springs, TX 75482

I remember a quote by a Chinese businessman (don't remember the name), who said something to the effect of, "the west thinks they are outsourcing manufacturing. In actuality, we are the ones outsourcing, we outsource our marketing and support."
You can't expect the Chinese to understand how to deal with the average American. Look around for a bit, I can't make any sense out of us.

You can't expect the Chinese to understand how to deal with the average American. Look around for a bit, I can't make any sense out of us.
Point was (if there is one), we (the west) think we are outsourcing to China (or East Asia), when it’s actually the other way around.

Point was (if there is one), we (the west) think we are outsourcing to China (or East Asia), when it’s actually the other way around.
Yeah, I got that. What I said works with that. They can't make sense of us, because we're nuts. So they outsource the marketing and customer support to us for their manufacturing.

We'll see. Mine is ordered....I've read of some issues with them as well.
congratulation sir… welcome to the happy side of life ….you now will notice days are brighter, birds are more colorfull , smartly dressed men will salute you in public and pretty girls will ask you for selfies with them..you will soon find discount coupons from resorts offering huge discounts …many new Victron owners report that they never get traffic tickets anymore…
Life is just better over here….I speak for us all when I say ,welcome my friend…

Back