diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant and Sol-Ark 15k Specifically

If you are referring to my comment, I had said they were not talking about the 15K, houseofancients asked how I concluded that, I said my board is not laid out like the picture he posted to support his discussion.
My bad I thought he was responding to my post that was just info that I thought should be shared.

Carry on

I just looked at my board, that's not how it's laid out.
It's an image from solar assistant's website.
I believe this specific one is a 16k
All of them look about the same, and this was to illustrate pin out and port notation

There are whole multiple page threads dealing with people trying to hook two RS485 devices to a Sol-Ark and finding out that it does not work, I was the first persons to start a thread on the subject!
That is why people with LFP Batteries using RS485 Comms use the RS232 Port for SA and then ditch the dongle. Those with batteries that have Canbus can just split the port with a Y adapter and use the RS485 port pins 7&8 for SA and the Canbus pins 4&5 for the batteries.

Last edited:
There are whole multiple page threads dealing with people trying to hook two RS485 devices to a Sol-Ark and finding out that it does not work, I was the first persons to start a thread on the subject!
That is why people with LFP Batteries using RS485 Comms use the RS232 Port for SA and then ditch the dongle. Those with batteries that have Canbus can just split the port with a Y adapter and use the RS485 port pins 7&8 for SA and the Canbus pins 4&5 for the batteries.
I've seen people talk about using the DB9 port on the sol-ark for SA and ditching the dongle but that make me wonder if a DB9 splitter could be used to connect both the dongle and SA via that port. I wonder if anyone has tried that before

I've seen people talk about using the DB9 port on the sol-ark for SA and ditching the dongle but that make me wonder if a DB9 splitter could be used to connect both the dongle and SA via that port. I wonder if anyone has tried that before
Yes they have and and from what I can remember it never worked properly.
Data collisions and other issues caused problems.

Back