diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k Current Capabilities

I wonder why its not throttling, and its just killing charge current all together?
Agreed...that's what I don't get (if it is in fact battery temp related and not one of the other codes I listed). Conversations with support, that previously linked logic chart, and the Alarm Code list inside of the master BMS' lid (attached) all allude to a complete charging shutdown only when it cuts an alarm code.

Edit: I missed one:
Code 54: MOS Overtemperature Protection

?Metal Oxide Semiconductor? 🧐 MOSFET right?

Attachments

• HomeGrid Code Chart.jpg
    HomeGrid Code Chart.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I would ignore the AC output current rating. You are limited to 275a (DC) discharge like posted above. So dependent on your battery voltage will vary what you are going to get.

Im not sure what you mean by 160A, but no, you get the full 275a when the grid is up or down.

This I'm not sure on, I'm guessing it depends how the unit fails. If nothing turns on/no response, then you are dead. But maybe with a small internal failure like the MPPT died, then you can still failover to grid i'm sure.

This is why it is always important to have bypass/backup plans.
So the 275A range is to try to ensure that you can at least get the 12Kw ( 50A AC) from the battery down to the lowest of our battery voltage range. 44V X 275A =12.1 kW when discharging. It also gives you access to some fast battery charging if you are already at a decent battery voltage and the battery can handle the amps. This means 275A is possible on or off the grid if your batteries can charge that fast and if you are using both the 15K battery terminals.

12Kw - 50A - rating is what the 15K can do from the batteries alone. Since its the lower rating and the only guaranteed rating, that is what we recommend using when sizing your system for off-grid scenarios.

15kW - 62.5A - rating is possible only when you have PV available. Either all of this power comes from PV or it's a mixture of PV and battery power. You can get this value on or off-grid, but it's not guaranteed since PV power fluctuates depending on many factors. \\

Hope this helps.

I would ignore the AC output current rating. You are limited to 275a (DC) discharge like posted above. So dependent on your battery voltage will vary what you are going to get.

Im not sure what you mean by 160A, but no, you get the full 275a when the grid is up or down.

This I'm not sure on, I'm guessing it depends how the unit fails. If nothing turns on/no response, then you are dead. But maybe with a small internal failure like the MPPT died, then you can still failover to grid i'm sure.

This is why it is always important to have bypass/backup plans.
The 160 amp / 275 amp comment probably relates to using 2/0 wires to hook up the battery to the Sol-Ark. If you only use one you can only get 160 amps. If you use two you get the full 275 amps. It was easy coming from my EG4 Power Pro batteries as they have 4 connects to both pos/neg so I could parallel two batteries using one of them and then still have 3 left to use 2 connects to go to the Sol-Ark and one left over for???

(note: install not finished but you can see the double wires going to the Sol-Ark)
(note 2 - looks like others already answered so I'll just second the motion and show a pic)

Attachments

• 0D19BCA3-2D4F-4DED-9209-BCE2CFF6A4DE.jpeg
    0D19BCA3-2D4F-4DED-9209-BCE2CFF6A4DE.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 11
Back