diy solar

diy solar

Terrible Signature Solar / EG4 18Kpv Experience - Returning and Replaced with Sol-Ark 15k

Never said they were the same thing. They are clearly two different legal entities.
This is mainly done to covers ones ass is case of lawsuits, bankruptcy claims, etc. Correct?
But apparently the EG4 LLC has the same address as Signature Solar.... see below.

Should I look to see who is the president of each corporation? I bet they know each other really, really well!
I think they might be twins in a mirror or something.
You should know that all of the legalities of Signature Solar and EG4 are public record in the US.
Its unavoidable here. Its really difficult to hide that stuff. You can, but it gets really expensive.
Indeed, this is great for consumers that do their due diligence before purchasing from a company... It's interesting what can be found searching for 'company name v / vs ' on the interwebs. It's helped me out quite a few times in the past.

This is mainly done to covers ones ass is case of lawsuits, bankruptcy claims, etc. Correct?
It is often done for multiple reasons, the primary one being that it opens up more opportunities. EG4 can sell to other distributors and not compete with Signature Solar. Signature Solar can buy and sell products beyond EG4's offerings. It is good planning to realize this when setting up the business[es].

All that said, making sure you have the sales, tech support, and other resources needed to support the complexity and volume of product up front is critical, and being too "strategic" has bit many companies in the ass.

Doesn't that call go to the sig solar support team? Or is there some new eg4 support infrastructure that's been put into place?
Good Question. P.S. I'm rooting for Signature Solar and EG4 even though for now I've gone a different direction. As Robert Frost said:

The Road Not Taken​

BY ROBERT FROST

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

>>The EG4 group are on a mission to give much better service and support

Are you sure?? EG4 IS Signature Solar.
EG4 is just a sticker on a Luxpower product.
I'd rather buy Luxpower from Luxpower or another distributor NOT associated with Signature Solar.
Luxpower.... are you listening????
You need to do what you need to do!

It was said tongue in cheek ..haaa… but there is merit to your comment in that I had a Rolex Submariner many years ago..it gave me grief… always having a problem ..traded it for a Marshall 100 watt full stack…and I lived happily ever after…sure .it can happen with any product.. .!
the question is , is it commonplace…
Rock on ??

Reactions: JRH
congratulation sir… welcome to the happy side of life ….you now will notice days are brighter, birds are more colorfull , smartly dressed men will salute you in public and pretty girls will ask you for selfies with them..you will soon find discount coupons from resorts offering huge discounts …many new Victron owners report that they never get traffic tickets anymore…
Life is just better over here….I speak for us all when I say ,welcome my friend…
Wrong color of blue....... :ROFLMAO:

I see that InvertersRUs sells Luxpower!

I did a search on InvertersRUs and I couldn't find anything bad said about the company on this forum.
The newest Luxpower 6K inverter looks interesting. I don't see the new Luxpower 6K on the InvertersRUs website yet.
They have been in business for 20 years apparently.

I see that InvertersRUs sells Luxpower!

I did a search on InvertersRUs and I couldn't find anything bad said about the company on this forum.
The newest Luxpower 6K inverter looks interesting. I don't see the new Luxpower 6K on the InvertersRUs website yet.
They have been in business for 20 years apparently.
I've bought a couple of Victron items thru them via Amazon and no problems at all.

Reactions: JRH
I've bought a couple of Victron items thru them via Amazon and no problems at all.
I have bought an ass load of pricey gear through them…mostly Victron … never had a single issue with anything…customer service is not a difficult matter.. some people make it that way ..i have actually quit working at some places that the upper management treated customers poorly…it all starts at the top..underlings will always act as they see the big guys do…like children do…
courtesy is free… so is being honest and truthful… it’s a skill to manage properly … !

Have to say, I love my EG4 18Kpv and it performs great after 3 months. Only complaint is that I dont like the reliance of the distributor to make changes I want to be in control of...but I do understand why they do it. No real complaints from Signature Solar for the price they offer. My entire system is from them. 47KWH Lifepower battery bank, 12KW Solar panels, EG4 18Kpv, and EG4 5k chargeverter. If I had better access to the southern sky and just a few more panels, I would be 100% off grid in 3200 SQFT house. I have to be happy with about 65% off grid running everything we have always run (winter hurts). Not bad though.

Last edited:
Have to say, I love my EG4 18Kpv and it performs great after 3 months. Only complaint is that I dont like the reliance of the distributor to make changes I want to be in control of...but I do understand why they do it. No real complaints from Signature Solar for the price they offer. My entire system is from them. 47KWH Lifepower battery bank, 12KW Solar panels, EG4 18Kpv, and EG4 5k chargeverter. If I had better access to the southern sky and just a few more panels, I would be 100% off grid in 3200 SQFT house. I have to be happy with about 65% off grid running everything we have always run (winter hurts). Not bad though.
How big is your array?

Please explain further.

OK, I am going to answer my own question. After rereading a few things. (I read all of this thread, which is crazy long, weeks ago.)

Somewhere along the way the OP needed to have some settings changed on his inverter in order to make it work properly. It was not possible since the setting/s was locked out to the OP. So someone from Signature Solar/EG4 had to go online and access his inverter "remotely" to make the changes.

I find this rather odd, and honestly a pretty big turn off. As I don't recall there being anything really odd about this installation.

Perhaps James or someone from SS/EG4 can clarify how this all works with this inverter.

OK, I am going to answer my own question. After rereading a few things. (I read all of this thread, which is crazy long, weeks ago.)

Somewhere along the way the OP needed to have some settings changed on his inverter in order to make it work properly. It was not possible since the setting/s was locked out to the OP. So someone from Signature Solar/EG4 had to go online and access his inverter "remotely" to make the changes.

I find this rather odd, and honestly a pretty big turn off. As I don't recall there being anything really odd about this installation.

Perhaps James or someone from SS/EG4 can clarify how this all works with this inverter.
Agree if that is actually the case.
...yet I'm apparently locked out of my Pace BMS on my Sungold batteries....hmmm..

Back