diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Unbalanced EG4 lifepower 48v battery. Shipping

Kelvin6497

Hello ...Stay away from Signature Solar...I purchased 4 of this EG4 battery from Signature Solar to add to my 2 existing ones. I have 6 total. They arrived about 5 months ago and were Installed. Voltage balanced to 54v. Started using them on the EG4 setting but was getting OV protection in one of the batteries. Called SS they told me to change to User, lower charge voltage to 56.2, 54v float to balance them. Ok not a problem. 2 months later, nothing change. Switch to EG4 to see. Nope. Ov protection. Called again. Told to deep cycle to 46v and to 56.2v. Did that for 2 weeks. Nothing. They told me open the battery to see if anything was burned or out of place. Well, a BMS wire was backward. Fix that. Cycle for 2 more weeks. Nothing... 300mv difference on 56.6v and 500mv on 46v. After 5 months... Now they want me to pay for shipping for a bad battery that i already did for a good battery.. againg....

Be careful guys...

Perfect business model... They Sell you bad products, DOA, underperforming, not to spec etc.... and then, you have to pay for return shipping ... Isn't that amazing...

Didn't you already post this twice?

If your battery is bad when they test it in house, (the way I understand) they will cover the shipping cost. If defective.

If all you have is a balance issue. That will typically fix itself if you implement some type of progressive charging, like step up in voltage a low C rate.

Last edited:
Didn't you already post this twice?

If your battery is bad when they test it in house, (the way I understand) they will cover the shipping cost. If defective.

If all you have is a balance issue. That will typically fix itself if you implement some type of progressive charging, like step up in voltage a low C rate.
The bunbalance is too much to handle for the passive balancer that comes with this batterys... 5 months of deep cycling didn't fix the issue... I paid for a balance, to specs, performing battery.... shouldn't have to pay for the defective unbalanced battery shipping cost twice...

Hello ...Stay away from Signature Solar...I purchased 4 of this EG4 battery from Signature Solar to add to my 2 existing ones. I have 6 total. They arrived about 5 months ago and were Installed. Voltage balanced to 54v. Started using them on the EG4 setting but was getting OV protection in one of the batteries. Called SS they told me to change to User, lower charge voltage to 56.2, 54v float to balance them. Ok not a problem. 2 months later, nothing change. Switch to EG4 to see. Nope. Ov protection. Called again. Told to deep cycle to 46v and to 56.2v. Did that for 2 weeks. Nothing. They told me open the battery to see if anything was burned or out of place. Well, a BMS wire was backward. Fix that. Cycle for 2 more weeks. Nothing... 300mv difference on 56.6v and 500mv on 46v. After 5 months... Now they want me to pay for shipping for a bad battery that i already did for a good battery.. againg....

Be careful guys...

Perfect business model... They Sell you bad products, DOA, underperforming, not to spec etc.... and then, you have to pay for return shipping ... Isn't that amazing...
Hi Kelvin6497,

If our product is defective, we pay for the return shipping. I would like to look into the order to understand this return. If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com with your order number, I can get you taken care of. We're here to help!

Back