diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power bad experience, beware.

On the subject of DDP. My experience is that they (alibaba sellers) do not actually pay the VAT on import. Instead they attach it to a different shipment eg food and presumably avoid it this way. So it’s basically smuggling.
I confirm that. They call it DDP but actually it is not. I asked Jenny Wu this question about VAT, she answered there was no way to use or refund their so called VAT. They can just print VAT amount on invoice and that's it, it is not properly paid and registered in the VAT database.
Also I negotiated with another Chinese seller to buy batteries from their EU warehouse and they said their load got stuck on German customs and they did not expect it to be released in the foreseeable future. Also they said their load was attached to other company load and that company was having problems with German customs. At least they were honest with me)

I'm totally new here so take this however you want. I've been using Alibaba for a long time and can say that there is definitely copycat vendors on there. I took a look around after reading through this thread and did find a copycat listing for "Docan Tech Jenny Wu" that is from a company called Dongguan Anzhi Eclectronic Technology Co Ltd. Their page is designed to look exactly like Docan Technology (schenzhen) Co Ltd. I'm not absolving or accusing anyone. Just pointing it out.

Pretty sure the OP of this thread dealt with the real Docan, and so did Ray in his latest video. This whole fake Docan is selling counterfeit qr code sells, but real Docan does not, sorry its bunk, Docan is following the same play book as previous alibaba sellers but now they have to Re-laser the qr codes to make them look real, these companies have always sold B and always will.

If you want good grade from Alibaba, you just go with the tried and true source: https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/ otherwise go for the cheapest price you can find and just understand it is grade B.

Pretty sure the OP of this thread dealt with the real Docan, and so did Ray in his latest video. This whole fake Docan is selling counterfeit qr code sells, but real Docan does not, sorry its bunk, Docan is following the same play book as previous alibaba sellers but now they have to Re-laser the qr codes to make them look real, these companies have always sold B and always will.

If you want good grade from Alibaba, you just go with the tried and true source: https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/ otherwise go for the cheapest price you can find and just understand it is grade B.
You're a very likely correct & I should have made more clear that I was not saying OP used the other Docan, just that there is a copycat. Also I thought this was the legit EVE on Alibaba https://evebatteryglobal.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.details.cordpanyb.2.7404366bH0eoBo At least according to evebattery.com it is. I'm new to all this so I could be totally wrong.

You're a very likely correct & I should have made more clear that I was not saying OP used the other Docan, just that there is a copycat. Also I thought this was the legit EVE on Alibaba https://evebatteryglobal.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.details.cordpanyb.2.7404366bH0eoBo At least according to evebattery.com it is. I'm new to all this so I could be totally wrong.
Of course I used main Docan account on Alibaba. This one.
It's 6+ years old with 749 reviews.
There are only two "Docan" named company profiles on Alibaba.
I am almost sure second account is also theirs. Often backup profile is created in case main account is blocked.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 33
Can confirm these people are frauds.

Bought 4 pcs 280k EVE.end of May. I asked Jenny Wu or whatever her real name is, before purchase if they're new cells grade A, with the original QR codes. She said yes yes.

Then they sent these. Last week I emailed her the pictures and told her these don't look new. No response.

Classic scam, old as the hills. Stay away from these frauds .

Attachments

• cell1.jpg
    cell1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 61
  • cell2.jpg
    cell2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 62
  • cell3.jpg
    cell3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 60
  • cell4.jpg
    cell4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 61
You can say anything you want about Chinese sellers but what alkaline said is fact. I learned it the hard way also.

If you just want to save 10-30€ per cell and buy grade B/used or whatever junk Chinese sellers sell then go for it. But stop posting on this forum that these sellers are the best etc. come back and review the battery that they sold you after 5 years and see how they hold up. An iPhone battery on eBay works ok for some time but it cannot compete with the original part as it breaks down very fast ;)

I would personally be happy to pay more or buy smaller cells knowing that I would get good quality cells because I know that Chinese scammers buy grade B 280k cells for 40-50€ per cell and they happily sell them for 110-120 with free shipping. That’s as much profit as 100% while legit sellers only make a quarter of that (estimation) because of these scammers.

So all of you guys make your decisions but don’t ever try to make these bad sellers look good just because your cells work today.

And please don't create an account just to post that "this chinese seller is the god" or "i just bought X batterries and they look fine." The ebay iphone battery looked fine to me at first but it puffed up real nice, enough to break my phone screen

Can confirm these people are frauds.

Bought 4 pcs 280k EVE.end of May. I asked Jenny Wu or whatever her real name is, before purchase if they're new cells grade A, with the original QR codes. She said yes yes.

Then they sent these. Last week I emailed her the pictures and told her these don't look new. No response.

Classic scam, old as the hills. Stay away from these frauds .

They did not even try on this one, maybe they were still perfecting the technique? Some of the altered QR codes on the docan 230 look pretty good and need to be looked at very closely.

I was just about to buy some 280ah from Jenny Wu $80 a cell shipped from China. She claims they are Grade A now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

The only savings per watt over EG4 server racks are going with these higher Amp batteries her prices on 100AH no real savings might even be more when you get it all assembled.

The thread starter needed something ASAP IMO anything from China never going to be ASAP then had to buy from another source wanted a refund. I didn't read all the details the fact that Jenny Wu stops communicating when there is a problem that worries me.

Server racks the ROI is too long to justify even bothering with solar panel and storage might as well just do DIY grid-tie. I was hoping higher amp cells DIY packs will shorten the ROI at about 12 cents a watt. If Chinese sellers just refuse to talk to you when there is a problem not sure if I want to risk it. I know they have a US warehouse, but the prices were not really a savings.

Last edited:
When buying from USA they can't sell junk and get away as easily, when buying ali and shipping acorss the sea, much easier. Ali will always protect the seller, the buying guarantee thing is total bunk, so this is why everyone says pay with a credit card. I read in another auto merchant foam that most credit card companies now don't even listen to Alibaba and just rule in the buyer's favor due to all the issues.

Cost of grade A cells in the US are between 140-155 for 280 and about 150-165 for 304.

I think you need to hold accountable some of the people that cheerlead for Docan. Docan is doing what all the Chinese seller have always done nothing new, but every year people get lured in by the cheap prices and throw caution to the wind.

Its us old hats that warn people but are dismissed, its a reason why we always say buy more than you need, ask for a test report, e.t.c. but newbies just look for the cheapest price.

Live and learn. I see you are in Ukraine, stay safe, and good luck.
Live and learn indeed, just from writing up my own experience with Sunpal batteries..sigh

When buying from USA they can't sell junk and get away as easily, when buying ali and shipping acorss the sea, much easier. Ali will always protect the seller, the buying guarantee thing is total bunk, so this is why everyone says pay with a credit card. I read in another auto merchant foam that most credit card companies now don't even listen to Alibaba and just rule in the buyer's favor due to all the issues.

Cost of grade A cells in the US are between 140-155 for 280 and about 150-165 for 304.
I know all the extra fees they add on take all that into account when comparing to local company just pay with a CC and ship it. Any recommendation on US suppliers might be somewhat close in price for 280-300AH.

NO one in the usa is going to be in the 80-90 range, Maybe 18650battery store with the grade B envision cells, but then you got to deal with the potential grade B issues. Then shipping is going to be between $16-22/cell however, you will have a return policy as long as you can absorb the restocking fee / return shipping.

For grade A you have:
currentconnected
ezeal
sunfunkits
18650batterystore
Another website I can't remember the name... it was green / white color scheme they had some cells too with test report, damn forgot the name but comparable prices.

Remember LFP cells to OEM for around $93/KW and that is for people buying millions of cells. So Assume small time sellers are probably paying in the neighborhood around $110-$115/kw then importing them and selling for around $150/KW. In other words they are making $20-$30 / cell if I had to predict.

It will be cheaper to order directly form China from a US seller or Luyuan (the only legitimate Chinese seller) but that will add about 45-90 day wait. Normally this only makes sense when you need a bunch of cells, I really do not recommend going to overseas if you need less than 16 cells. 16 cells is where the shipping starts to be reasonable/cell.

Found it:

selianenergy.com

NOTE: No one has tested these they claim intact QR codes but has not been verified, I thought they had Test Reports... Need to check again, but you can ask if they do.

Also Add lithicore which is a sister company to Ezeal.

Found it:

selianenergy.com

NOTE: No one has tested these they claim intact QR codes but has not been verified, I thought they had Test Reports... Need to check again, but you can ask if they do.

Also Add lithicore which is a sister company to Ezeal.
The first one said EU warehouse couldn't find any reference to USA warehouse. I looked at the 2nd link before 14 cents a watt for 280AH.

Well that no test report = probably grade B (but could be grade A if the QR code is perfect and made in 2023).... still I would ask for the test report. Otherwise assume grade B.

Back