diy solar

diy solar

Video of prismatic cell production line - is it Eve?

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
Seplos put out this interesting video on their YouTube channel:

Since Seplos don’t make their own cells (unless I’m very wrong?!) it’s clearly from one of the manufacturers and the telltale electrode layout shown makes it seem to me they may be Eve cells. Pausing the video around 0:46 shows the ”swiss roll” of foil with tabs sticking out the middle which is at the heart of a prismatic cell.

It moves fast, but watching thru a few times reveals some interesting insights into what’s inside those blue rectangular boxes we all buy (y)

Yes, those are EVE LF280K cells.
Well I guess that just because they are Eve cells shown after the cut to Seplos’s battery assembly process, it’s not necessarily the case that the cell production line shown at the start of the video is from Eve’s facility. Seplos may have simply cut together someone else‘s promo with their own footage which comprises the second half of this video.

Well I guess that just because they are Eve cells shown after the cut to Seplos’s battery assembly process, it’s not necessarily the case that the cell production line shown at the start of the video is from Eve’s facility. Seplos may have simply cut together someone else‘s promo with their own footage which comprises the second half of this video.
Actually, that would compromise the entire video.

it seem to me they may be Eve cells.

If you pause carefully at 1:12 you get a good look at the top of the cells in the production line.
Screenshot_20230429-115811~2.png

EVE doesn't not use round terminals on their 280AH batteries, least not in mainline production (I've seen octognal ones claimed as eve).

Further more the dimensions of that cell at first glance don't seem quite right, it looks to be one of the 51x173x207 or so cells in the 230ah class, rather than the 71x173x207 280ah class. Eve still doesn't use round terminals there, either square or oval. Byd does but they use a round vent. My best bet right now is that that is a CATL 228AH cell.

CATL-230A_5_1000x.jpg

Edit, a CATL 280/302/310 would have the same terminal and vent arrangement. If you measured the picture you'd be able to get a dimensional ratio that would tell you which it is

Last edited:
My best bet right now is that that is a CATL 228AH cell.

Well chances are I was wrong, in a surprisingly turn of events I was looking for a cell and found it's likely the one there. The vent wasnt right to me, Catl uses a split ring vent and that didn't seem to line up. Further more there's a dot on the top case near the black terminal and the lazering seems off.

Well all that lines up with this
H0a85259df35e4e30bb7de03ad8290387u_720x720q50(1).jpg

A gotion 340ah 81x173x207 format cell.

Seplos put out this interesting video on their YouTube channel:

It moves fast, but watching thru a few times reveals some interesting insights into what’s inside those blue rectangular boxes we all buy (y)
I put it at 25% playback speed and muted the sound. Interesting.

They go for 100-120 list wise on Alibaba. Depending on how many you order and who from.
I asked because for me, it always works out the lowest cost using the largest capacity cells, due to the cost of shipping/BMS/breaker/terminals are nearly constant. I have recently ordered some 315Ah Envision cells at this same price point to try in an 8S (RV) mobile set up.
A 16S 340Ah cell pack would be a 17.4kWh ! x 4 in a stack would be just a hair short of 70kWh with just four DIY racks! Wow!

16S 560Ah cells = 28.67kWh rack
Set four of these in an ESS cabinet and you got 114kWh with just four units!
Big suckers thou. 14" x 8" x 3" (about)
They are scheduled for a 2024 production, other interesting cells would be the 325ah svolt blade cell that's coming some time or the 340ah version of BYDs C15 cell

FtJNW-DWcAIetPe.jpg
H6c39c32b1c394ac0ac0c0e6ac6f7be1dP.jpg_720x720q50.jpg

Also wanted to take the time to say thanks for that envision datasheet, I'll get a lot of use outta it

Also wanted to take the time to say thanks for that envision datasheet, I'll get a lot of use outta it
If anyone missed it: Envision 315Ah cell - I ordered eight cells to try.
I will post comments when they arrive/test/try them out in the RV this summer.

Attachments

• Envision 315Ahr Cell Specification.pdf
    994.3 KB · Views: 14
Wow! 12,000 cycles.
Yeah kinda crazy, I am not sure I have "12,000 Cycles" left!! ops.

28.672kWh in a 16s pack.
Sign me up.
Nearly the same energy in one 16S, as a full stack of six 100Ah server racks!! I can hardly wait!
What will the BMS look like! and will we see active balancers go up to 10A?
This tech is moving fast, and picking up speed!

340Ah! wow.
What was the cost per cell?

As a heads up, I've been told now twice, from two different suppliers that the cells floating around are not great. ~325Ah not 340Ah. Keep in mind they might not tell you that as I'd am messing them under a business email and account.

Back