diy solar

diy solar

Video of prismatic cell production line - is it Eve?

Turns out the are Cornex cells. I never heard of that company before, has anyone else?

Turns out the are Cornex cells. I never heard of that company before, has anyone else?
New to me. Some good detective work on this thread ?️‍♂️

If anyone missed it: Envision 315Ah cell - I ordered eight cells to try.
I will post comments when they arrive/test/try them out in the RV this summer.
As a heads up now, you might have got hit with Envision 305s that test at 315ah instead of official Envision 315s. Alibaba sellers overate EVE and CATL cells as other models so likely to happen with other brands. As far as I could tell the 315ah cells just started shipping around April so it's unlikely you got some. Id carefully check them when you get em.

Attachments

• Envision_LiFePO4305ah.pdf
    299.4 KB · Views: 7
I've not heard of them but they do list such a cell size on their site. The vent direction doesn't like up but I couldn't tell you if their picture is a model or not.
energy_1_3.png

Edit: Cornex has a Alibaba, you are dead on correct and their website is wrong. Well done.

Edit #2: Seplos does sell a version of the mason kits with the Cornex PF173-280A cells so I suppose they aren't even lying technically.

Edit #3 Full uncut Cornex vid can be found on their LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/corn...per-factory-activity-7029395738161745920-7-aj

Last edited:
As a heads up now, you might have got hit with Envision 305s that test at 315ah instead of official Envision 315s. Alibaba sellers overate EVE and CATL cells as other models so likely to happen with other brands. As far as I could tell the 315ah cells just started shipping around April so it's unlikely you got some. Id carefully check them when you get em.
Thanks for the heads up, I ordered them in April, they provided the spec sheet, guess we will see!
As I noted, I was surprised when they offered a 315Ah cell, backed with a spec sheet, and I thought, sure I will try a set of 8 for the RV and to be able to capacity test them on the bench. If they fall short of the claimed 315Ah then I can chat with the supplier about what they want to do to fix the problem. This always ends up being some discount to the price since no one is going to pay to ship cells back half way around the world again. I expect at worst the cells will be like other 304Ah cells, and will do what the RV needs either way. (my other 8S RV battery is actually 304Ah cells! LOL).
If they fall short of the claimed 315Ah capacity, and I post the results, up to 65,000 members and who knows how many guests will see this result.

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered them in April, they provided the spec sheet, guess we will see!
As I noted, I was surprised when they offered a 315Ah cell, backed with a spec sheet, and I thought, sure I will try a set of 8 for the RV and to be able to capacity test them on the bench. If they fall short of the claimed 315Ah then I can chat with the supplier about what they want to do to fix the problem. This always ends up being some discount to the price since no one is going to pay to ship cells back half way around the world again. I expect at worst the cells will be like other 304Ah cells, and will do what the RV needs either way. (my other 8S RV battery is actually 304Ah cells! LOL).
If they fall short of the claimed 315Ah capacity, and I post the results, up to 65,000 members and who knows how many guests will see this result.
How did they work out?

I paid $110/cell for these and when these tested, came up close but a bit short at 311Ah. I don't typically bother with the proper factory set up for testing - ie cell temperature and waiting the proper rest time etc, so take my results accordingly. The cells were a bit scuffed up, upon arrival but have worked well in a mobile 24v pack I use for road trips, stuff far from the main set up, and our Greenhouse during the coming spring starters season.

My final opinion after a few months of use: they are good cells, they perform well and remain in balance with just the BMS-passive balancer, they do what I wanted them to do. I like the cells, but feel I paid too much for a bit higher capacity, learned something in the process.
I believe 304's are quite a bit cheaper now, maybe $70/cell ?

Back