diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power US Warehouse LF280K Review

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
Hey all, I purchased 4x 280ah cells from Amy at Docan Power, I got 4x EVE LF280K cells from their US Based/Texas warehouse. I emailed Amy directly for most of the experience, docanpower22@gmail.com. She also has a Direct Work Email that is available: amy@docanpower.com.
I did not probe for a ton of questions. I did not ask for any "Guarantees" or anything. I simply stated I wanted 4x cells, with shipping to my address. The only thing I did ask, was that I confirmed they came with 6mm welded studs, so they would match my other cells I already have. She assure they would, and sent me an Invoice through Alibaba to complete the payment. It was very straight forward, and pretty easy I guess. I paid with PayPal, and had it all done pretty quickly. I paid for the order on 7/1/23.

I emailed her direct again, and asked for an estimated delivery date on 7/6/23, because I noticed the Alibaba orders page showed it had not shipped yet. She responded very quickly with both tracking numbers, being shipped via Fed Ex. Tracking showed they would show up on Monday-7/10/23. To my surprise, they showed up on Saturday 7/8/23, 2 days early.

I opened up the boxes, and they were very well packaged, and actually better packaged then I have gotten in the past. No damage, no dented corners etc. Visually they are perfect. Completely flat, nice symmetrical wrapping, the QR code looks to be in tact, without any sanding or anything. I have no proof as I haven't taken off the black plastic though. I have expressed in the past that I am not as interested in the QR code, or if it is A grade or B grade, so long as they pull capacity and are not visibly used. I have them on my desk in the office now, doing capacity tests with the EBC-A40L tester now.

My test method:
1) Fully charge at 40a to 3.65v, cutoff at 2a.
2) Wait for 30 minutes.
3) Discharge at 40a to 2.5v.
4) Charge at 40a to 3.45v, cutoff at 2a.

The first one just completed and it Discharged with 284.9Ah, it also CHARGED with 285.1Ah! Talk about a damn perfect charge efficiency lol.

I will test the other 3 and report back the results.

1688943471403.png

Capacity Testing:
20230709_153019.jpg

Cells are very flat and uniform, even with the one with clamps having it at 3.65v, fully charged. Almost no bulging.
20230709_153027.jpg

QR Code:
20230709_153037.jpg

Last edited:
EVE grade A don't have this type of terminals so thats 100% B. Hence the code is re lasered too.

But you already said you're fine buying whatever from "Amy" as long as they pass the initial test.

EVE grade A don't have this type of terminals so thats 100% B. Hence the code is re lasered too.

But you already said you're fine buying whatever from "Amy" as long as they pass the initial test.
Where has that been said? Doesn't look like the code is re-lasered to me?

The code looks authentic, just haven't seen A-grade 280K with that type of posts.
What is the inner resistance on these? If its under 18mOhm, then these should be OK

Even this style cell (which I've seen many claimed as Automotive grade) has the same round flat terminal underneath. Docan just has the 6mm stud welded on instead of these big bulky terminals. I don't think that would determine cell quality at all.

1689018369099.png

Checking IR is still on my list. Trying to figure out how to do it on the EBC-A40L. Anybody know how?

Hey all, I purchased 4x 280ah cells from Amy at Docan Power, I got 4x EVE LF280K cells from their US Based/Texas warehouse. I emailed Amy directly for most of the experience, docanpower22@gmail.com. She also has a Direct Work Email that is available: amy@docanpower.com.
I did not probe for a ton of questions. I did not ask for any "Guarantees" or anything. I simply stated I wanted 4x cells, with shipping to my address. The only thing I did ask, was that I confirmed they came with 6mm welded studs, so they would match my other cells I already have. She assure they would, and sent me an Invoice through Alibaba to complete the payment. It was very straight forward, and pretty easy I guess. I paid with PayPal, and had it all done pretty quickly. I paid for the order on 7/1/23.

I emailed her direct again, and asked for an estimated delivery date on 7/6/23, because I noticed the Alibaba orders page showed it had not shipped yet. She responded very quickly with both tracking numbers, being shipped via Fed Ex. Tracking showed they would show up on Monday-7/10/23. To my surprise, they showed up on Saturday 7/8/23, 2 days early.

I opened up the boxes, and they were very well packaged, and actually better packaged then I have gotten in the past. No damage, no dented corners etc. Visually they are perfect. Completely flat, nice symmetrical wrapping, the QR code looks to be in tact, without any sanding or anything. I have no proof as I haven't taken off the black plastic though. I have expressed in the past that I am not as interested in the QR code, or if it is A grade or B grade, so long as they pull capacity and are not visibly used. I have them on my desk in the office now, doing capacity tests with the EBC-A40L tester now.

My test method:
1) Fully charge at 40a to 3.65v, cutoff at 2a.
2) Wait for 30 minutes.
3) Discharge at 40a to 2.5v.
4) Charge at 40a to 3.45v, cutoff at 2a.

The first one just completed and it Discharged with 284.9Ah, it also CHARGED with 285.1Ah! Talk about a damn perfect charge efficiency lol.

I will test the other 3 and report back the results.

View attachment 156621

Capacity Testing:
View attachment 156617

Cells are very flat and uniform, even with the one with clamps having it at 3.65v, fully charged. Almost no bulging.
View attachment 156618

QR Code:
View attachment 156619

You can never tell with Docan, that qr looks good can't see any altering, but maybe they just have mastered the art or re-lasering.

OR maybe they are starting to sell legit cells?

Or maybe they are selling legit cells now, only to start getting the buzz going only to start sending grade B sanded off stock once the orders ramp up.

Eitherway, buyer beware. I feel much better with an official test report. What price did you pay/cell? if its $150/cell than it could be real grade A (but only the test report will be confirmed for sure).

I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly with the software. But when I open the resistance test, it gives me the option to select the test current. In the manual it states 1c or 0.5c, well at 280ah, the EBC-A40L is not going to discharge anywhere near that, and the most it will let me do is 30,000mA. It pulls the load for a second or 2, then spits out 0.2 "mR". Changing the current to 20,000 mA spits out 0.3 "mR" Anybody know if I'm doing this right?

You can never tell with Docan, that qr looks good can't see any altering, but maybe they just have mastered the art or re-lasering.

OR maybe they are starting to sell legit cells?

Or maybe they are selling legit cells now, only to start getting the buzz going only to start sending grade B sanded off stock once the orders ramp up.

Eitherway, buyer beware. I feel much better with an official test report. What price did you pay/cell? if its $150/cell than it could be real grade A (but only the test report will be confirmed for sure).
I paid $132.50/cell shipped to my door.

Maybe I'll reach out and see if I can get a test report.

I shall use my Nostradamus technique and predict here are your test report results for that cell:

编号电池条码容量(Ah)OCV1(V)Ri1(mohm)OCV2(V)Ri2(mohm)OCV3(V)Ri3(mohm)档位栈板号箱号组别
164304QCB76839801JC9R0004811295.17982.7620.162.7530.163.2970.16d65JZB20221011390Q8S2022101113415

I shall use my Nostradamus technique and predict here are your test report results for that cell:

164304QCB76839801JC9R0004811295.17982.7620.162.7530.163.2970.16d65JZB20221011390Q8S2022101113415

If this is true, I want to know how in the heck you know this?

Which decoder are you using? I only know of 2 and they give practically no info other than manufacturer and nominal capacity.

Im also debating on peeling the black plastic top to see if there are any sanding marks etc. But I want to be able to put it back on without it looking like crap. Anyone have any ideas?

Im also debating on peeling the black plastic top to see if there are any sanding marks etc. But I want to be able to put it back on without it looking like crap. Anyone have any ideas?
I pulled very slow and evenly, I did not use any heat.
It went back down fine. If you pull up the adhesive I'd use some double sided tape to reattach.

Well I used heat and made it look pretty bad. All in the name of justice right? Lol.

Either way, I pulled it up, lots of glue, but it looked very uniform and definitely not like it had been re-applied it seemed. I just had some degreaser and a microfiber so I didn't spend a whole lot of time scrubbing, just enough to see underneath. Absolutely no sanding marks either. Totally original QR code as far as i'm concerned.

20230710_193036.jpg

Ha, Could have saved you the trouble, because you have an Ezeal cell which is an actual grade A cell with test report:

They have there test report: https://ezealco.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/LF280k-Testing-Report.xlsx

Your qr code is on there, open it up with google docs if you don't have excel/spreadsheet viewer.

Ezeal, Lithicore, Docan operate form the same warehouse On Barker Road, I'm quite certain its owned by the same people and they just have a bunch of backup names incase 1 company gets into too much trouble. I think they are trying to setup Ezeal as a grade A only supplier where as Docan is grade B.

Now here is the Amazing BS:

Ezeal sells 280K grade A for around $170-180 shipped depending on where its going about the same price as 18650batterystore, sunfunkits and luyuan.

However, you scored this for 132.00 shipped which is cheaper than any where else by a good bit. That's grade B pricing for grade A cell. I suspect when you contacted Docan you told them if you had any funny business with the QR code you'll put there @$$ in a sling, so they were like dang better give him the good cells and sent you some form the Ezeal pile.

I don't think any rando ordering from Docan is going to have the same thing, they probably have both grade A and B in the Houston warehouse, depending on who they think is buying you could end up with grade A or B.

Again none of this is confirmed, but too much funny business with this trio of companies, previously lihticore/Ezeal has stated they only lease space to Docan... I think not, I think they are fully owned by Docan and Docan calls the shots.

Remember, they have been trying to stir up some confusion, first it was Hey only the fake Docan sells bogus qr codes, the real Docan doesn't... Not sure if they are using the OP to change the narative.

So I'd say anyone buying from Docan do the same thing tell them you are famous ticktok/youtuber celebrity and want to real qr code cells. Then you can compare from the Ezeal spreadsheet to see if they are real.

Ha, Could have saved you the trouble, because you have an Ezeal cell which is an actual grade A cell with test report:

They have there test report: https://ezealco.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/LF280k-Testing-Report.xlsx

Your qr code is on there, open it up with google docs if you don't have excel/spreadsheet viewer.

Ezeal, Lithicore, Docan operate form the same warehouse On Barker Road, I'm quite certain its owned by the same people and they just have a bunch of backup names incase 1 company gets into too much trouble. I think they are trying to setup Ezeal as a grade A only supplier where as Docan is grade B.

Ezeal sells 280K grade A for around $170-180 shipped depending on where its going about the same price as 18650batterystore, sunfunkits and luyuan.

However, you scored this for 132.00 shipped which is cheaper than any where else by a good bit. That's grade B pricing for grade A cell. I suspect when you contacted Docan you told them if you had any funny business with the QR code you'll put there @$$ in a sling, so they were like dang better give him the good cells and sent you some form the Ezeal pile.

I don't think any rando ordering from Docan is going to have the same thing, they probably have both grade A and B in the Houston warehouse, depending on who they think is buying you could end up with grade A or B.

Again none of this is confirmed, but too much funny business with this trio of companies, previously lihticore/Ezeal has stated they only lease space to Docan... I think not, I think they are fully owned by Docan and Docan calls the shots.

Remember, they have been trying to stir up some confusion, first it was Hey only the fake Docan sells bogus qr codes, the real Docan doesn't... Not sure if they are using the OP to change the narative.

So I'd say anyone buying from Docan do the same thing tell them you are famous ticktok/youtuber celebrity and want to real qr code cells. Then you can compare from the Ezeal spreadsheet to see if they are real.
Very interesting....

Days later edit. The shipping label was one of my Docan orders in 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_231231__01.jpg
    IMG_20230710_231231__01.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230710-231045.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710-231045.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Wow...

Found is qr code, I think they are all on there, so Docan is selling grade A for $132 shipped? Albeit with some "persuasion" :LOL:

Attachments

• excel.jpg
    excel.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 25
I will post our email conversation, I said nothing about QR codes or "better be good", I didn't even ask for grade A or B or anything, I just said I need 280ah cells that pull at least 280ah. I even let her suggest the EVE cells even though the CATL cells are more likely to pull more capacity and higher in cost.

To make matters even worse, once she sent me the Invoice to pay over Alibaba, I emailed her direct and asked if there was a better price, possible direct with PayPal transfer, and she said
Alibaba via credit card should be most cheapest way, if you pay via paypal directly the goods and service fee is 5%; Bank wire fee is 50USD

For the price we have the lowest now, have no more discount space

I will add that the first cell is 04QCB76839801JC9R0004875 and their sheet says 294.83, but my tester only showed 284.9. Big difference there. But, I will give them the BOTD because I am testing with the cheesy clamps that the tester comes with, and the 10 ga wires get awful warm when under 40a load. Either way, it still pulled more capacity than advertised.

My second cell, 04QCB76839801JC9R0004962, that I have tested so far pull 285.8, and the spread sheet says 295.14.

I would also say that my tester might be inaccurate, but I have so far tested 58 cells, and one of the 16s packs I assembled had the lowest cell at 262ah, and once assembled, the Victron smart shunt measured 261ah all the way down to LVD, so i'd say its pretty accurate.

I suspect when you contacted Docan you told them if you had any funny business with the QR code you'll put there @$$ in a sling, so they were like dang better give him the good cells and sent you some form the Ezeal pile.
The only thing she might have done to see if I was important in anyway, is if she googled my email and saw that I was a frequent member here. But even then, do you think she is screening every customer she has? Especially customers who only purchase 4 cells from her?

I'm not doubting you, the cells you have a grade A, they have test reports, I am just curious on what they have going on with these 2 other companies.

That being said if Docan is selling grade A cells for $132.00 delivered... Well they just own the DIY market. These prices will make all other sellers cry as they are at a minimum $30.00 cheaper than anyone else.

BUT that is assuming everyone is getting these same cells which remains to be seen.

Interesting development none the less.

Makes me want to order 16x more, but I already have plenty. Unless this is their plan. First time buyers get the premium cells, return customers come back with bigger orders and get sh*t on.

Could be they happened to have these four cells left over from a bigger batch and you just got lucky with their premium line instead of their Christmas cracker line.
I would need to see equal evidence that they have cleaned up their act as I have that they were doing dodgy deals.

Back