diy solar

diy solar

New Docan 230Ah EVE Cells

Sorry you feel this way, but I suspect many others feel the same, I'm just disappointed at how effectively the Chinese sellers have spread misinformation to the point the average joe has no idea what is what. ?
Ok, I'm always anxious to learn more. So if you know what the Chinese sellers are hiding from us, just tell me the truth and how you know more than those of us "average Joes". What part of what I said is wrong? How do you know?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. Really. Educate me with some substantiated facts. Please. I'll gladly bow down and apologize.

I certainly wasn't trying to offend you anyway.

Free shipping is huge!! In costs, that just kind of makes you wonder how cheap Docan can get these cells to offer free shipping, no such thing a free lunches.

That’s why I’d love to see close up on the 18650 230 terminals to compare.
I think the freight forwarders literally misname them when they ship.

I had some come through customs as Dried Flowers.

So they are probably paying close to nothing for customs.

Your right though the initial cost has to be pretty low for them to get from there to here even with other shenanigans thrown in.

Hey Brett, you know the drill peel off that black label and see if it has been sanding/re-lasered. It could be Docan is starting to carry real grade A for the 230? But only 1 way to be sure.

Also I would not worry about the welds you are fine.
Squeaky clean!

Attachments

• CellTop.jpg
    CellTop.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 89
I think the freight forwarders literally misname them when they ship.

I had some come through customs as Dried Flowers.

So they are probably paying close to nothing for customs.

Your right though the initial cost has to be pretty low for them to get from there to here even with other shenanigans thrown in.
Those are some really heavy flowers, hah.

Squeaky clean!

Take some rubbing alcohol with cotton pad and remove the glue, you can not tell unless the grey crud has been removed/dissolved. It has to be clear.

BTW it looks sanded to me it has a perimeter around it.

Take some rubbing alcohol with cotton pad and remove the glue, you can not tell unless the grey crud has been removed/dissolved. It has to be clear.

BTW it looks sanded to me it has a perimeter around it.
The cell has obviously not been molested by Docan, I'm not ruining the adhesive to prove that to you. I looked t it closely under good light.

I've said this to you before, and I feel pretty certain of this: There is no "Real Grade A" or "Grade B". The manufacturers don't use that term, and neither do their "real" customers. ALL the cells we have available to us are those that the EV/Automotive customers (that probably buy 98% of the cells) have not bought. So for one reason or another, we get cells that they don't want. There is no distinct gradation between some really good reject cells, and some really bad reject cells. They are all reject cells. You may be able to say that "18650store has access to better reject cells than store XYZ". I don't really know how you would know, but I guess you could say that.

I agree that Docan re-lasering cells is a bad look. I also think that they may sell cells of other sizes that are not re-lasered. I dunno.

Fact is, I don't know - and you don't know - the real pedigree of whatever 18650store, sun fun kits, or Docan are selling. Fact is, I'd be willing to bet they all get a mix of pedigree. I think it is highly disingenuous and with absolutely no factual backup that we assign "Genuine A grade" to any of them. Period.

And finally, I think the bottom line is this: Short of the cells being dented, shorted, leaking, or terminals falling off, I think almost all of them would do perfectly fine in the application most of us are aiming for: Relatively low C rate solar power storage. This seems to be a game we like to play. We strive for that last 2% of capacity that the cells were rated, but in fact... It really is 2%.
But, but Amy of luanshinzin!!! She, she, she provides test reports. . . those reports are certified!!! Certified!!!! Gotta be grade A, we’ll worth the extra 15%!!

The cell has obviously not been molested by Docan, I'm not ruining the adhesive to prove that to you. I looked t it closely under good light.
They didn’t moleste it, who they bought them from did all the hard work ?

If they were my cells I’d leave them be and just use them.

Let us know about that one cell that was off and how Docan responds.

Squeaky clean!

Filthy Fraud more like it. Since you aren't going to clean I'm a show you how a real QR code looks like vs the fraud Docan is doing. Have to admit they are getting better and better at scamming.

Real QR codes you can even see how the edges are they are not perfect in fact they look like a dot matrix, they are consistent no blurry portions and they don't have borders.

NO TEST REPORT = GRADE B always has and always will be. Deal with it. :coffee:

Attachments

• altered-cell-qr.jpg
    altered-cell-qr.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 91
  • real-cells.jpg
    real-cells.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 92
Fact is, I don't know - and you don't know - the real pedigree of whatever 18650store, sun fun kits, or Docan are selling. Fact is, I'd be willing to bet they all get a mix of pedigree. I think it is highly disingenuous and with absolutely no factual backup that we assign "Genuine A grade" to any of them. Period.
The "fact" is that you don't know the "real" pedigree of 99% of what you buy. You trust the grocery store hasn't relabled a knock off brand as the branded toilet paper. You rely upon the reputation of the store. That is why there is a lot of caveat emptor when buying off eBay or Amazon. I won't buy alkaline batteries off amazon because of knockoff problems.

You admit Docan relasered cells. Why, if there is no "Grade A" or "Grade B"? They are trying to hide something. 18650 has their standard for what they sell as "Grade A". So far, people paying that price gets what is advertised. I was willing to pay more for a known quality from USA stock. If you want to pay less and take more risk, have at it. I may go for "Grade B" for my next battery if Grade B prices come down.

How does that make any sense at all? I think the mental gymnastics you are doing to justify your claims are quite alarming.
Only thing he has claimed is he received his order voltages looked good and one cell looks suspicious due to terminal welds.

How dare you claim he isn’t happy with his purchase ?

How does that make any sense at all? I think the mental gymnastics you are doing to justify your claims are quite alarming.
I've made no claims, just reported what I have observed. You're making a lot of claims of fraud and have no skin in the game. I paid for these cells, I'm satisfied with what I got, and can't understand why you're putting so much effort in to trying to make me regret it or look foolish.

Filthy Fraud more like it. Since you aren't going to clean I'm a show you how a real QR code looks like vs the fraud Docan is doing. Have to admit they are getting better and better at scamming.

Real QR codes you can even see how the edges are they are not perfect in fact they look like a dot matrix, they are consistent no blurry portions and they don't have borders.

NO TEST REPORT = GRADE B always has and always will be. Deal with it. :coffee:

Interesting I have some grade A 230 cells from 18650batterystore I will take some pictures of the qr code and post here to see if I see any blurry portion in the middle.

Ordered mid 2022 from the Texas warehouse.
Untouched cell photos, besides wiping the dust off the top.
Photos after pulling back the black cover.
Photos after I soaked the glue in iso and got sick of looking for my plastic scraper...
I see zero evidence of sanding, I scraped the crap out of the cell top with that metal scraper, oops.

Only things I noticed, the black c or check mark under the plastic. It appears they now use less adhesive based on recent photos.

Photo of the other 32 cells that have been working flawlessly.

If this terminal type was still available in Houston I would have already ordered more.

Going by shunt readings and usage I have no doubt they meet full capacity but I don't have any individual cell test data to pass that up. They take a full recharge, unlike an @Alkaline ,and stay well balanced.

I have 0 regrets with my prior purchases from Docan.

As I stated before I am exploring other vendors, mainly because the same terminal type isn't currently available in the US, slightly because of the reports of relasering on the 280s.

Attachments

• IMG_20230621_182753.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182753.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230621_181918.jpg
    IMG_20230621_181918.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20230621_182949.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182949.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20230621_182404.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182404.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230621_182852.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182852.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230621_182806.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182806.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20230621_181701.jpg
    IMG_20230621_181701.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230621_182721.jpg
    IMG_20230621_182721.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 63
Here is the qr code on one of my EVE 230 grade A from 18650batterystore:

Doesn't seem to be blurry or the blurry is the same. I peeled off black cover and then using some rubbing alcohol to clean the area around it.

No sanding marks that I found.

I tried to get a close up of the qr code, it almost looks like the jagged edges in a video game when you turn off the anti-aliasing option.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 20230621_170058.jpg
    20230621_170058.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230621_170249.jpg
    20230621_170249.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230621_170732.jpg
    20230621_170732.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230621_170749.jpg