diy solar

diy solar

Need EVE 280K Batteries: Luyuan? Qso? Docan? Other Companies?

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer EVE battery.

Few years ago, I bought 20 cells Sinopoly 200Ah batteries and let say......the capacity of those cells differs a lot.....triggered a lot of BMS protections. Still in use though.

Until the day I bought few grade B EVE batteries (100ah) at cheap price for 24v system and I must admit, the performance of EVE batteries is very consistent during load/charging.

Except I am not Singaporean, just a foreigner working there earning SGD currency.
Plan to have those battery delivered* straight to Malaysia instead.?

Edit:
Maybe I should change my location to Malaysia instead.
I have bought EVE batteries, arrived at port, expecting delivery if a week or two. Another one I ordered was a maker for CATL.

if Malaysia is like the PI or Thailand then the government bureaucrat's are unbelievably corrupt, it takes money to get them to allow you to import things... if they do not steal them from you to begin with. (this is my experience with PI and Thailand only) i have no experience with Malaysia. maybe Amy has had bad experiences with Malaysia. best to ask for more details I would think after the new year vacation is done.

I have bought EVE batteries, arrived at port, expecting delivery if a week or two. Another one I ordered was a maker for CATL.

if Malaysia is like the PI or Thailand then the government bureaucrat's are unbelievably corrupt, it takes money to get them to allow you to import things... if they do not steal them from you to begin with. (this is my experience with PI and Thailand only) i have no experience with Malaysia. maybe Amy has had bad experiences with Malaysia. best to ask for more details I would think after the new year vacation is done.

Amy just replied me.
She said delivery company can only ship batteries to West Malaysia and there is no battery delivery service to East Malaysia.
Darn, I am stuck here.
Wonder how in the world my Sinopoly cells were delivered to my address back then?

Amy just replied me.
She said delivery company can only ship batteries to West Malaysia and there is no battery delivery service to East Malaysia.
Darn, I am stuck here.
Wonder how in the world my Sinopoly cells were delivered to my address back then?
If you’re interested, PM me an address and I’ll check with a couple different suppliers for you.

Amy just replied me.
Darn, I am stuck here.
so how hard is it to find your own delivery company from west to east? I really have no clue about the transportation gird there so please excuse if this is a stupid question.

If you’re interested, PM me an address and I’ll check with a couple different suppliers for you.

Hmmm.........thanks for the offer, but I have to reject it.

I will cancel my purchase plan if Amy is unable to find another delivery company. :(

so how hard is it to find your own delivery company from west to east? I really have no clue about the transportation gird there so please excuse if this is a stupid question.
Extremely hard? Basically East Malaysia can be considered second grade or lower rank states compared to West Malaysia due to politics. Plus, there is a cabotage policy which all ships must anchor and register at Port Klang ("presumedly" to enrich certain cronies over there) before they can move to Kuching port. Therefore the delivery cost to East Malaysia tends to be higher.

Hmmm.........thanks for the offer, but I have to reject it.

I will cancel my purchase plan if Amy is unable to find another delivery company. :(

Extremely hard? Basically East Malaysia can be considered second grade or lower rank states compared to West Malaysia due to politics. Plus, there is a cabotage policy which all ships must anchor and register at Port Klang ("presumedly" to enrich certain cronies over there) before they can move to Kuching port. Therefore the delivery cost to East Malaysia tends to be higher.
so it is similar to PI and Thailand at least n that area.

You might need to find someone to pick up your order and bring it to you.
Other people in your area must have ways to make it happen.
Ask around. Ask the post office. When I lived in Costa Rica, sometime I had packages delivered to the Post office because it was too hard to describe the place I was staying at.
They got used to me though. After I got used to it, I was able to order from Amazon and get stuff really fast.

If you are open to other another brand, I could check if they ship to your address.

........Sigh.....Amy relented and said there is no shipping to my address.......Gobel just ghosted me......
It appears that you have EVE batteries........would you help me to check if your suppliers have Grade A EVE 280ah V3 and possible delivery to 98000, Sarawak? That the postcode where I plan to send the battery.

last order from Docan (EVEv3, USD 70/pc +s/h) arrived here in australia in record time... shipped from docan on 19/01, arrived at my door today 22/02... wasn't expecting them for another month??
cells look good, QR intact, manufacture date ~20/10/23, no testing yet as waiting on box from another co... damn... !
edit* I tell a lie, 2 of 17 cells are very slighly bulged. hmmmm. anyway, capacity testing one now

Last edited:
last order from Docan (EVEv3, USD 70/pc +s/h) arrived here in australia in record time... shipped from docan on 19/01, arrived at my door today 22/02... wasn't expecting them for another month??
cells look good, QR intact, manufacture date ~20/10/23, no testing yet as waiting on box from another co... damn... !
edit* I tell a lie, 2 of 17 cells are very slighly bulged. hmmmm. anyway, capacity testing one now
Remember that the aluminium used on these Prismatic Cells is no thicker than a pop can and you can squeeze the cell & squish them (a little) between your thumb & index finger. If you shake them there will be a slushing sound (normal). A Little bit of bulge is NORMAL, especially in-line with electrodes.

Last edited:
Remember that the aluminium used on these Prismatic Cells is no thicker than a pop can and you can squeeze the cell & squish them (a little) between your thumb & index finger. If you shake them there will be a slushing sound (normal). A Little bit of bulge is NORMAL, especially in-line with electrodes.
Funny the nylon cases I just received from Winston are concave, have no sloshing sounds and you cannot compress jack squat with your hands… 🤣. Shill alert!

I tested one of the cells @ 308aH to 2.6V. seems around where the EVE v3's are testing.

Back