diy solar

diy solar

Docan 8x EVE 280ah slightly swollen

Has anyone bought the same B grade 280ah batteries from Luyuan? I chatted with Amy after noticing the spec sheets for the real A grade was the same as the B grade. She said the only difference was the self discharge rate. I then told her I needed to occasionally discharge 160ah 0.6C to meet the full load on my 8kW inverter. She spoke to her engineer who advised getting real grade A. We're all going for 280ah because they give the best bang for buck. They appear to be cheap for a reason. Any reports on the Luyuan $110 cells?

I think you would be better off with the A grade cells. If your system was utilized in a lighter manner, the B grade cells would be OK. B grade from Amy are still good stuff.

is grade A 280K really that much better than grade B 280k? I'm not talking overall I'm just asking about this 280K in particular?

is grade A 280K really that much better than grade B 280k? I'm not talking overall I'm just asking about this 280K in particular?

Unless someone with the proper testing equipment has both grades in front of them, any answer to that is just speculation. But putting together a system was something I wanted to do once and have it right the first time.

That’s the problem there is no A and B grade, there is grade A and failed grade A. One passes all the specifications and one does not. It could be any number of reasons for it not to pass.

That’s the problem there is no A and B grade, there is grade A and failed grade A. One passes all the specifications and one does not. It could be any number of reasons for it not to pass.
wrong, there's ev grade and storage grade and crap grade..
unfortunatly there's never the same standard , so every supplier and manufactorers grade them different

What about recalled EV grade? Has anyone heard of this rumor going around about how EVE had a large customer cancel a lot of 280K cells and these are like grade A- Grade now flooding the market? I know I read a thread about this I think its been deleted or moved...

wrong, there's ev grade and storage grade and crap grade..
unfortunatly there's never the same standard , so every supplier and manufactorers grade them different
From where do you get this information? So where are the spec sheets for these “storage grade B” cells? If there was a real grade B they would put out a spec sheet on them.

From where do you get this information? So where are the spec sheets for these “storage grade B” cells? If there was a real grade B they would put out a spec sheet on them.

I would guess that the spec sheet, as published by the manufacturer, is for the grade A cells. Why would they create a spec sheet for lesser cells?

I would guess that the spec sheet, as published by the manufacturer, is for the grade A cells. Why would they create a spec sheet for lesser cells?
Exactly, they are just failed grade A or EV grade would be a better description, we don’t know what parameter they failed to be rejected.

Maybe an Automaker, like us, noticed inconsistencies between cells and rejected or cancelled an order.

I have also ordered small batch from Docan in March - 16 x EVE LF280K 280Ah, checking QR code the cells were manufactured somewhere in December 2021. Was extremely disappointed to receive swollen batteries - sold as grade A, "new cells". Docan sold some shit to all of us - won't buy anything from them and definitely will recommend avoid Docan!

Last edited:
Nothing he said is untrue, though. Docan do not sell grade A batteries, if they did they could provide test reports, which they do not. It's pretty open and shut here.

I bought 64 LF280K from Docan so I'm not saying they're a terrible supplier, but you get exactly what you pay for.
I've been provided test report by Docan before purchase.

Pictures? Why did you wait until now to post?
Generally, it was a busy time for me since May and the disappointment made me resigned. Recently noticed your thread and wanted share and confirm that I got the same shit. These pictures show deformation of the received batteries - more or less, similar deformation. Batteries are swollen on the thick sides, what is compensated by inward pressure on the thin sides. As you can see on the picure, measured battery has width of 75mm, spec says it should be 72+/-0.5. The swelling is irregular - not in the center but rather on sides, sometimes in the center. When you put cells together, there are distances of 3-7mm (the cell from picture adds about 2mm to such a distance)

3.png2.png4.png

Last edited:
Most of my cells from three different vendors had those kind of deviations. They have been working fine for me. This was two years ago before Docan.

Did they not test the same as the report?
The report I was presented, had checking date 2021/8/7. The cells I received had QR code that decodes to December 21/January 22. Moreover, before shipment I was presented with pictures of cells put together that are perfectly square, without distances between them - could not replicate this after receiving the package.

Most of my cells from three different vendors had those kind of deviations. They have been working fine for me. This was two years ago before Docan.
That's ok, if you expect this grade B shape and that's the problem with LiFePo4 cells - they have long life expectancy, 3000-6000 cycles. If you were cycling them everyday that gives 8 to 16 years. If you buy the A grade, you expect to have the longevity. If you buy B grade, you still may have a 1000 of cycles remaining - that makes scam difficult to prove after 3 years and you may feel happy for 3 years of work. The point is that Docan purposely presented tests that are not reflecting reality, fake pictures of proper grade A cells etc. I know the cells I received likely will last for a year or 2 (if I will be lucky, it may be 3 or 4) but I was buying with view to use the 8-10 years. It is true that the material they are built of may not last so long as the 10 years is considered somehow a max. And this also makes scam/low quality cells easier to push through as "A grade". Because people are looking for A grade, these companies like Docan become scammers because these batteries - even of grade B - can still last long when used occasionally. Scam is scam and should be exposed.

Last edited:
Back