diy solar

diy solar

Eve 160ah cells - question on how to setup 4s8p

alishac

So I got 8x 160ah eve cells with the welded bolts.. They all look really good no issues with them. I got them from docan power.
My question is how do I make them into 4s8p.. Can I do it like this in the picture or does it have to be in 1 line.. They will be in 12vDSC_0248.JPG

Buy 24 more cells for 4s 8p if your after 4s 2p what you have will be fine build 2 batteries with 4 cells each and connect them to a main bus bar

Ah yea sorry I meant 4s 2p, Also I was watching a video on how to tell if they are a grade.. docan stated these were A grade eve cells and they do look nice.. but I just checked with a square that there is very very tiny buldge.. I lifted the black top of to check if there was 2 barcodes which there is but when i scan the top barcode it doesn't show anything.. it just puts the code into google and wont show any results. I find it odd also that in the video he did a calculation of the watt hours/3.2 which these are 160ah cells and docan stated they would test around 170 ah.. yet the barcode says 160ah - 515.5wh which with that cal ends up being 161ah.. So would that mean these are B grade?

Grade a cells is a very fast and loose description on cells either their ev grade and go to the ev builders or fail the QA and get sold to the storage market anything with 2 codes is b grade normally they scrape original code

this doesn’t mean they aren’t good batteries for storage they just don’t make ev standards

The other barcode isn't scraped.. I just asked daisy at docan about the barcode and she gave me a site to decode the barcode.. and the barcode comes up with that its a eve battery with manufactuer date off 22/September/2022 so Im guessing they are A grade. The 515.5wh is just stated for the 160ah, not the test wh so I guess thats upto me to do a test to know the wh.. I'll have to wait till I can charge them up then discharge it I guess

Did you get it sorted out? The resource section here has a guide

Did you get it sorted out? The resource section here has a guide

Yea I'll be doing the 2p4s and config (d) but I just need to get a few more busbars as docan only sent me 9 and the config asks for 11, that and need to get some cable for the negative to top balance the cells but cant do that till next week. But thanks so much for the information.. super helpful

Back