diy solar

diy solar

Need EVE 280K Batteries: Luyuan? Qso? Docan? Other Companies?

Luyuan is exactly as people have said, they deliver exactly what is promised and stand behind their products. They may not be the "cheapest" out there but it isn't a roll of the dice either
Is there an email address to contact Amy wan directly? I've already contacted her on alibaba, just want to be sure it's actually her. Doesn't have to be email i guess.

Thanks

Is there an email address to contact Amy wan directly? I've already contacted her on alibaba, just want to be sure it's actually her. Doesn't have to be email i guess.

Thanks
If you contact her through the Messenger on Baba it only goes to her. No one else will respond.

I have bought from Amy (Luyuan) since 2020 and have bought over 200 cells all mixed from 230Ah, 280 and 304Ah over all these years. She has been so very kind and patient to not only deliver cells but also other electronics all from her place. For small quantities her company is highly recommended. She responds quickly and timely until the cells are delivered. No complaints!

Just to add in, I have been using these cells for both solar back up and small EV based on 48V which pulls over 200A current most of the time and peaks at 350A (which is huge) It has been performing really well for past 2.5 years so the quality is not compromised for sure. They were a bit expensive back then than the competitors but I am really happy by the battery performance. now the cells prices have fallen drastically and you couldn't be happier by their service.

IMG_20231205_134355.jpg

Last edited:
Steve_S and Alkaline, I am currently contemplating to purchase https://www.gobelpower.com/ev-grade-a-eve-32v-280ah-rechargeable-lifepo4-battery-cell_p102.html from Gobelpower. How trustworthy is the company? So far, I don't see much review at this forum. Any opinion and insight from both of you?:)
well i clicked on the link and it was saying ¥608 per cell. for EVE 280's thats about $4.00 USD per cell so there website is not working well, at least not in english.

Great thread - for insightful.

Other resellers that have come recommended from off-grid garage are GobelPower and EEL Battery

well i clicked on the link and it was saying ¥608 per cell. for EVE 280's thats about $4.00 USD per cell so there website is not working well, at least not in english.
Hmm........red flag?

Great thread - for insightful.

Other resellers that have come recommended from off-grid garage are GobelPower and EEL Battery
Gobel seems to be cheaper than EEL :unsure:

Hmm........red flag?

Gobel seems to be cheaper than EEL :unsure:
unknown, I live in japan so they got the currency right, (yen), but might not have the actual calculator working properly for english language in japan... they might be thinking dollars or euro's or who knows what, but marking it as yen...

unknown, I live in japan so they got the currency right, (yen), but might not have the actual calculator working properly for english language in japan... they might be thinking dollars or euro's or who knows what, but marking it as yen...
Shows up correctly routing through a Nord US server.

I contemplated gobel in the past, prices are tempting. I decided I'll buy from Amy if I oder cells from China directly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-074604.jpg
    Screenshot_20231227-074604.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8

I contemplated gobel in the past, prices are tempting. I decided I'll buy from Amy if I oder cells from China directly.
I just checked Amy Alibaba site. The cell is USD 20 - 30 higher than Gobel. Hmmm........

here is how it shows on my PC in japan, as you see it says 608 yen. what is the dollar price it shows for you? is it USD 608? then it would probably be the system glitching as i am looking at it in english while in japan. this happens sometimes. just their website is not as well developed as it could be. total cost at the bottom shipped is listed as ¥2432.00 or about $16.00 USD?

battery price.png

here is how it shows on my PC in japan, as you see it says 608 yen. what is the dollar price it shows for you? is it USD 608? then it would probably be the system glitching as i am looking at it in english while in japan. this happens sometimes. just their website is not as well developed as it could be. total cost at the bottom shipped is listed as ¥2432.00 or about $16.00 USD?

View attachment 185268
It shows 80 USD and 320 USD for the 4 pack.
You have CNY selected for your currency.

Steve_S and Alkaline, I am currently contemplating to purchase https://www.gobelpower.com/ev-grade-a-eve-32v-280ah-rechargeable-lifepo4-battery-cell_p102.html from Gobelpower. How trustworthy is the company? So far, I don't see much review at this forum. Any opinion and insight from both of you?:)
I have seen mixed reviews for them but mostly good. I do not believe that they offer Matched & Batched cells (NOT at that price for sure). Their prices are Very Good (too good for A-Grade matched). NOTE THE TERMINALS !!! V3-A have dual hole terminals, Tip-1.
Average price for properly Matched & Batched EVE 280AH-K-V3 cells are around $95USD ea.

BEFORE stupid get's loose.
(This particular subject has had a lot of discussion far too much bafflegab around it... dead horse subject, not reopening it again.)
Simply Put:
Matching & Batching means taking all the cells and matching them up by IR but not just at the default storage voltage. These are tested through the entire working range with IR tested at the threshold points, then the reports are used to match the cells so that if they are at 3.000V or 3.400 under load or not have identical IR. This is where Real Factory Test Reports come in handy.
! Matching & Batching done afterward can be costly and is time consuming and most "Vendors" are neither equipped or interested in doing so, especially with Grey Market / Brokered Cells.

It shows 80 USD and 320 USD for the 4 pack.
You have CNY selected for your currency.
interesting, i never noticed let alone touched a currency converter... most sights over here automatically adjust according to your IP address. alibabba does for instance as well as ebay, amazon, and almost every sale site i have looked at.

I have seen mixed reviews for them but mostly good. I do not believe that they offer Matched & Batched cells (NOT at that price for sure). Their prices are Very Good (too good for A-Grade matched). NOTE THE TERMINALS !!! V3-A have dual hole terminals, Tip-1.
Average price for properly Matched & Batched EVE 280AH-K-V3 cells are around $95USD ea.

BEFORE stupid get's loose.
(This particular subject has had a lot of discussion far too much bafflegab around it... dead horse subject, not reopening it again.)
Simply Put:
Matching & Batching means taking all the cells and matching them up by IR but not just at the default storage voltage. These are tested through the entire working range with IR tested at the threshold points, then the reports are used to match the cells so that if they are at 3.000V or 3.400 under load or not have identical IR. This is where Real Factory Test Reports come in handy.
! Matching & Batching done afterward can be costly and is time consuming and most "Vendors" are neither equipped or interested in doing so, especially with Grey Market / Brokered Cells.
Well, I am trying to have GobelPower ship it to Malaysia, but.........it appears that even though Malaysia is nearer to China......(It does mention the battery will be shipped from China)

The shipping cost is twice the cost of batteries when I tried to check out at GobelPower, so I whatsapp-ed their hotline?
Hopefully I have good news from them? Otherwise, I might try contacting Amy Luyuan? Gotta create/sign up for alibaba account if it comes to that.

Wish me luck with GobelPower??
Cost doubled.PNG

Screenshot_20231228_105854_WhatsApp.png

Back