diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280K LiFePO4 Cells from QSO/Shenzhen Qishou Technology

Ok, I don't know what kind of glue was used on this, but it has to have been made in hell and nowhere else.

So, at this point, I'm stopping as my arms feel as if they want to drop off and I'm going to get drunk from the alcohol fumes.
However, I think that the situation is clear enough, and to my eyes, it looks as if the original QR code was removed, you can see a distinct border between the existing QR code and the rest of the cell.

This looks slightly different from previous code changes as in the past only the B would be removed, or the entire top would be removed, but in this case, it seems as if only a specific area around the code was removed.

I'll add a further edit, along with this image to the original post so it's clear to other people.

Personally, I'm torn on what to think.
On one side, based on tests, these cells perform perfectly in multiple tests that I've put them through, and I am still testing a bit more. Additionally, unlike folks in the States, it's really hard to beat 3 days delivery to an EU location (yes, I know that we have nkon and gwl.eu, but at the time I made the purchase, they did not have stock and/or were much more expensive).

However, I cannot abide by this sort of unscrupulous behavior, furthermore, it does raise the odds of me being idiotically lucky that the cells perform this well, rather than an indication of consistency and quality.

Based on this I do not recommend QSO to people who are not experienced in testing individual cells using 40 amps - and more.
The reason is that a higher discharge rate may not sustain the nominal (3.2) voltage. For example, if you make a 16S battery from cells like this, and you've NOT verified that they can hold the discharge rate, you may get a low voltage disconnect even if your pack is technically at 100%. It is not uncommon for B cells to drop to 3.0 or below, under high C discharge.

For me (personally) I am fine using them as I did expect something like this and am prepared for it. With that said I find myself having gone from simply raising my eyebrows at the situation, to feeling slightly peeved, and even somewhat irritated at the situation. While I hate to do it, if I have the time, I am considering contacting QSO once again regarding this situation.

The infuriating thing is, if the seller was honest about all of this, I would honestly be overjoyed as the performance of each cell is great/better than what was sold to me. In short: there are no physical defects, voltage sustains well under load, capacity is higher than expected, and there are no signs of leaking.

However, based on all of this, I'm not sure whether or not I'll be making more purchases from QSO, regardless of performance as I cannot be certain if it was dumb luck that I got 16 good cells or not. The underhandedness of removing and re-applying QR codes is a huge no for me.

I personally would prefer to stick with Luyuan if I ever needed real grade-A cells as my previous experience was fantastic, but 3 months + delivery time is painful.

So @Alkaline any advice on how long to leave the cells to rest before testing to see how well they hold voltage? I am now doubly curious as to the full testable performance of these cells.

All in all, I was a little too optimistic at first, so thank you to the people here for helping me learn more about what resellers do.

photo_2023-09-26_10-45-38.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I don't know what kind of glue was used on this, but it has to have been made in hell and nowhere else.

So, at this point, I'm stopping as my arms feel as if they want to drop off and I'm going to get drunk from the alcohol fumes.
However, I think that the situation is clear enough, and to my eyes, it looks as if the original QR code was removed, you can see a distinct border between the existing QR code and the rest of the cell.

This looks slightly different from previous code changes as in the past only the B would be removed, or the entire top would be removed, but in this case, it seems as if only a specific area around the code was removed.

I'll add a further edit, along with this image to the original post so it's clear to other people.

Personally, I'm torn on what to think.
On one side, based on tests, these cells perform perfectly in multiple tests that I've put them through, and I am still testing a bit more. Additionally, unlike folks in the States, it's really hard to beat 3 days delivery to an EU location (yes, I know that we have nkon and gwl.eu, but at the time I made the purchase, they did not have stock and/or were much more expensive).

However, I cannot abide by this sort of unscrupulous behavior, furthermore, it does raise the odds of me being idiotically lucky that the cells perform this well, rather than an indication of consistency and quality.

Based on this I do not recommend QSO to people who are not experienced in testing individual cells using 40 amps - and more.
The reason is that a higher discharge rate may not sustain the nominal (3.2) voltage. For example, if you make a 16S battery from cells like this, and you've NOT verified that they can hold the discharge rate, you may get a low voltage disconnect even if your pack is technically at 100%. It is not uncommon for B cells to drop to 3.0 or below, under high C discharge.

For me (personally) I am fine using them as I did expect something like this and am prepared for it. With that said I find myself having gone from simply raising my eyebrows at the situation, to feeling slightly peeved, and even somewhat irritated at the situation. While I hate to do it, if I have the time, I am considering contacting QSO once again regarding this situation.

The infuriating thing is, if the seller was honest about all of this, I would honestly be overjoyed as the performance of each cell is great/better than what was sold to me. In short: there are no physical defects, voltage sustains well under load, capacity is higher than expected, and there are no signs of leaking.

However, based on all of this, I'm not sure whether or not I'll be making more purchases from QSO, regardless of performance as I cannot be certain if it was dumb luck that I got 16 good cells or not. The underhandedness of removing and re-applying QR codes is a huge no for me.

I personally would prefer to stick with Luyuan if I ever needed real grade-A cells as my previous experience was fantastic, but 3 months + delivery time is painful.

So @Alkaline any advice on how long to leave the cells to rest before testing to see how well they hold voltage? I am now doubly curious as to the full testable performance of these cells.

All in all, I was a little too optimistic at first, so thank you to the people here for helping me learn more about what resellers do.

View attachment 169464
en dit is dus precies de reden dat ik QSO/Docan tegenwoordig systematisch vermijd...
dan liever 10 euro per cel meer bij NKON,maar dan weet je zeker wat je koopt

Nightguest just use what you have, you can get an active balancer to help, but sadly I have seen this to often. The other thing you will need to do is twice a month charge up your cells to 100%. Basically you will need to top balance the cells routinely to make sure they don't go out of balance.

NOW as for you quattro, and falcon, what do you have to say now?

The infuriating thing is, if the seller was honest about all of this

View attachment 169464

Bro, if they were honest they would not sell a single cell, not a single one. No way I would buy grade B from China.

They have to lie, its like a requirement to survive. I say this as a Korean American, even though South Korea has a lot of this, China is one a whole different level of scamming.

NOW as for you quattro, and falcon, what do you have to say now?

?

Back