diy solar

diy solar

2nd Buy from Amy Wan/Luyuan

so what does contacting her directly do for you? I just added 16 cells to a order on the web page and it was 111.00 cdn per cell plus 500 in shipping.
The instructions that I read on the Luyuan Alibaba website EXPLICITLY ask that you ignore the Alibaba shipping estimate AND that you CONTACT HER DIRECTLY by messaging for a more accurate shipping estimate.

For my location, the Alibaba shipping estimate was nearly 4x higher than the fee calculated by the shipping company that she uses when she gave them exact details. I used the cart to get a rough estimate to organize the items for her, but in the end, the cart was not used, she replied via messaging with specific (different) amounts for most items including shipping and then she created an Alibaba invoice. The cart ended up never being used and I deleted it after I made payment via credit card, which went through immediately and cleanly.

I would guess, that given how good she has been with my order, that if you went through and used the Alibaba cart, she might try to contact you anyway to let you know of adjusted pricing? Not sure what would happen if you ignored her messaging other than you could over pay?

ALWAYS get Direct Quotes from ANY Vendor on Ali Baba/Express !
The listed prices in the product pages get revised more often than the pages do.
Shipping & Handling is ALWAYS a GUESStimate with the automated system, it is Never Accurate... ALI* is NOT Amazon or EBay.
Also talking with a rep, can Save you Money because if you buy more of the smaller bits & pieces (BMS, wires etc) they can usually "Bundle" that into the rest of the order and save on S&H. That can add up REALLY FAST TOO !

Saving up for the next purchase. Looking to update to the battery cases, update my Overkill to JK BMS and likely add in a batch of 280s.

In case it's relevant for the UK market, had a very interesting chat with Amy for 15kWh of batteries and cases and BMS - very helpful and amenable on chat. However, the total cost to my door is about £350-400 less than I can buy a prebuilt battery from Fogstar, also delivered, with the advantage of UK warranty. To me, that makes it a marginal choice - it is cheaper, but not by much, and I'd have to learn how to build it (not too hard, but a mistake is costly), and take time to do it. Decided it's currently not worth the hassle. YMMV. I do appreciate £400 is 8 solar panels though!

For me warranty is kinda pointless as shipping would stop me from doing anything further. I’d much rather try and fix it on my own.

A cheap JK BMS is pretty much the only thing that could fail (other than a lose terminal that I’d blame myself). So $70-$90 for an 8s is a steal even if I have to replace it again.

Last edited:
Back