diy solar

diy solar

Battery case compatible with two-hole terminal prismatic cells (the new style connectors)?

Norwasian

I've been eyeing the new-style double-hole (two-screw) terminals for the prismatic cells in the 280Ah - 320Ah range as these should form more secure connections. Today I was told by one of the reputable sellers on Alibaba that there are no DIY cases for a 48-volt system (16s) available for the double-hole cells, and even that these are not manufactured yet. I'm a total newbie, so perhaps she was absolutely correct--but I wonder that it can be true. What do people use them for, if not putting them into battery cases? Are these only for EVs?

If anyone here could either confirm or deny this, it would be much appreciated.

Batteries not fit in this case?
I think the issue may have more to do with the BMS fit than the case itself. But I don't know. It would seem the prismatic cells should not dramatically differ in size based on which terminal style they have.
Seplos mason kits are compatible
Is that the same as the Apexium kit which comes with a Seplos BMS (or, as I was told, the BMS is manufactured in the same facility as the Seplos)?

Is that the same as the Apexium kit which comes with a Seplos BMS (or, as I was told, the BMS is manufactured in the same facility as the Seplos)?

docan rebadges the Mason Diy Kits....
so yes they are the same, in both cases make sure that when you order, you tell them to include the double holed busbars, instead of the standard single holed busbar

docan rebadges the Mason Diy Kits....
so yes they are the same, in both cases make sure that when you order, you tell them to include the double holed busbars, instead of the standard single holed busbar
Well, I was speaking with one of the agents at Docan who told me they don't have cases compatible with the double-holed type of prismatic cells. Who am I to believe? I'm almost ready to order...got an invoice already, just need to send the payment. Why would they tell me there are no cases for this? The invoice lists an Apexium case--is it not suitable for the new type of cell terminals? Perhaps tomorrow I can ask them to redo the invoice if indeed there is a better option--I wonder how much the price might change, if so.

Well, I was speaking with one of the agents at Docan who told me they don't have cases compatible with the double-holed type of prismatic cells. Who am I to believe? I'm almost ready to order...got an invoice already, just need to send the payment. Why would they tell me there are no cases for this? The invoice lists an Apexium case--is it not suitable for the new type of cell terminals? Perhaps tomorrow I can ask them to redo the invoice if indeed there is a better option--I wonder how much the price might change, if so.
that is because docan doesnt sell the double-holed cells themselves, therefor , in order to push you towards their cells, they claim incompatibility

that is because docan doesnt sell the double-holed cells themselves, therefor , in order to push you towards their cells, they claim incompatibility
It would be nice if they would be up front about that, but having lived in Asia for decades, this explanation makes total sense. It's face-saving for them. Unfortunately, to say there was no such thing as a compatible box for the double-holed variety pushes the margins a bit. She should have just said they didn't have any. In any case, I think you have answered the bulk of my question here. It seems "compatibility" is not the issue at all--it is really one of "availability."

Back